Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26

Author Topic: Secret copyright treaty leaked. It's not good.  (Read 39703 times)

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Secret copyright treaty leaked. It's not good.
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2009, 10:42:24 pm »

Also, the fact that it would be physically impossible to carry out or enforce such a law should be a tip-off
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2009, 10:48:21 pm »

The reson that people are skeptical mate (i'm sure the OP will be back :P) is simply because you've taken someones opinion on what the bill will do and posted that up as fact. That's just not how it works.
Magma is overrated.

codezero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 11:04:46 pm »

I think it's directly proportional to the corruption in the UN, at least in its drafters. Some seem to think they're a cut above the rest.

Jude

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 11:21:02 pm »

The reson that people are skeptical mate (i'm sure the OP will be back :P) is simply because you've taken someones opinion on what the bill will do and posted that up as fact. That's just not how it works.
Well, and the fact that a) it's an extremely improbable thing and b) the only sources are people's blogs
Quote from: Raphite1
I once started with a dwarf that was "belarded by great hanging sacks of fat."

Oh Jesus

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 11:27:38 pm »

Looks like a main course of HOPE with a side of fucking CHANGE. Don't forget to spread that wealth around! THANKS FOR VOTING, BY THE WAY.
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

deadlycairn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 05, 2009, 11:36:33 pm »

I have no faith in the UN. Our ex-prime minister got elected there, and is now one of the most influential women in the world...

There's a reason she's our EX-prime minister...
Quote from: Ampersand
Also, Xom finds people that chug unidentified fluids pleasing.
Quote from: Servant Corps
Ignorance of magic does not give scientists the power to resist fireballs.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2009, 01:21:57 am »

Okay, I haven't read the entire thread, so this may be proven fake already, but I need to know.

If someone was accused of breaking copyright then the entire family loses internet access?

That'd put my father out of a job in an instant. Is this what they are proposing?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2009, 01:48:01 am »

I sincerely doubt this will pass, if only because it would be completely impossible to enforce and would shut down numerous gargantuan websites like Youtube, or Facebook.

DennyTom

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Urist!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2009, 04:28:44 am »

I sincerely doubt this will pass, if only because it would be completely impossible to enforce and would shut down numerous gargantuan websites like Youtube, or Facebook.

Also if "acussation -> no trial -> mandatory removal" system gets real, guess what webpages will be the first to be acussed? Pages of goverment, DRM sympathizants, etc (however also bittorent sharing sites, warez forums, etc)
It is so much easier to measure life in experience points...

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2009, 04:30:15 am »

And yeah.
If this passes...

Open and Free Software for everyone!

Public, World-wide LAN.

Each neighbourhood got their own router!
When the polices came, use the military-grade magnets!

And I'm sure if this passed, Indonesia will implement it too. F#%!# Americo-centrists...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2009, 05:34:25 am »

Also if "acussation -> no trial -> mandatory removal" system gets real, guess what webpages will be the first to be acussed? Pages of goverment, DRM sympathizants, etc (however also bittorent sharing sites, warez forums, etc)

I sincerely doubt anyone will actually ratify something that is so ovbiously abusable.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2009, 06:05:35 am »

All I see from this is ridiculous fees for monitoring, etc. And believe it or not, a little copyright infringement is free advertising. If someone posts a video clip, it's advertising. If someone posts 10 minutes of a movie, it's advertising. If someone posts a clip of some kid beating Guitar Hero 8 on Heroic, advertising.

Nobody's going to make much money from the whole plan. They can implement it pretty easily and cheaply with the technology they have, though, it's not really a problem.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Soulwynd

• Bay Watcher
  • -_-
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2009, 08:17:23 am »

You know. I think that we, as free thinking people, should start to either shoot or bomb any places in which such retardation happens.

Secondly, I think we should start encrypting everything. One of the most absurd things on the document was the border search of digital media... If you try to travel to another country with your laptop, they would have given the right to actually take your laptop, search for anything they can deem illegal and if they do, they can take your fucking laptop from you. Just like that. Or your ipod, or your cellphone, or pretty much anything that can store data.

Anyway, I vote for abolishing copyright.
http://www.culturelink.org/news/members/2005/members2005-011.html

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 06, 2009, 08:27:25 am »

I support Copyright

I just don't support the stupid and abusive aspects of it.

No one should be able to make a buisness out of copyrighting a bunch of things with hopes that someone will stumble into it.

kurokikaze

• Bay Watcher
  • Man of the black wind
    • View Profile
    • Mechanical World
« Reply #74 on: November 06, 2009, 09:10:09 am »

ACTA would establish a new international legal framework that countries can join on a voluntary basis

and

That the whole world must adopt US-style “notice-and-takedown” rules that require ISPs to remove any material that is accused

don't mix. See the definition of "voluntary basis".
It's black as pitch 'cause we're trapped by our violent souls
In a deep mine, where deep rhymes won't keep my self-control
Too many foes, we feel snakebit, and we won't take it
Enemies need their face hit, we goin' ape shit!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 26