Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can't add new weapons in game.  (Read 608 times)

rom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Can't add new weapons in game.
« on: November 04, 2009, 05:44:42 pm »

I tried to add test weapon with fire damage but it doesn't appear in the craft list no matter how hard i try.
[ITEM_WEAPON:TEST_FIRE]
[NAME:axe:fire]
[DAMAGE:150:BURN]
[WEIGHT:40]
[SKILL:AXE]
[TWO_HANDED:4]
[MINIMUM_SIZE:4]
[MATERIAL_SIZE:3]
Yes, i also added [WEAPON:TEST_FIRE] in entity_default but nothing happens, new item doesn't appear in craft list.
What do i do wrong?

Added: also is there any way to change equipment\material of equipment of ambushers\siegers?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 05:57:49 pm by rom »

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
Re: Can't add new weapons in game.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2009, 06:08:15 pm »

First, weapons don't show up as crafts, they show up under weapons in the forge menu.

Second, did you generate a new world?  You need to do that whenever adding a new entry to the raws (entry being a complete object, not individual tags), though body parts are an exception to this.

Third, did you add this to the default weapon file or did you make a new file?  In the latter case, make sure that the string of text at the top of the file matches the file name (without the .txt - note that the file should start with the item type; for example: item_weapon_test.txt) and that you have the [OBJECT:ITEM] tag between that and the first entry.

Finally, there are a few minor problems with the object itself, but they are only minor problems.  For the name, you have 'axe' as the singular and 'fire' as the plural form.  It should be something to the effect of [NAME:fire axe:fire axes].  That seems to be all I can see.

Also, this might be helpful for future modding attempts: http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=29157.0
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

rom

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2009, 06:15:49 pm »

Second, did you generate a new world?  You need to do that whenever adding a new entry to the raws (entry being a complete object, not individual tags), though body parts are an exception to this.
Oh, that's what i should try then, since i reembarked on same world every time.
Thanks for fast reply.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 10:53:37 am »

You want to change the name tag into [NAME:axe:axes] and stick [ADJECTIVE:fire] in there somewhere, too.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2009, 01:27:23 pm »

Wouldn't that result in 'fire steel axe' rather than 'steel fire axe'? I think LegoLord's [NAME:fire axe:fire axes] would make more sense.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2009, 09:24:20 pm »

Whoops, you are correct.

.. though, if it were 'flaming' or 'burning' rather than 'fire'... >_>
Also known as Zuhayr.