Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 108

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!  (Read 140583 times)

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2009, 01:22:01 pm »

Yeah, if you had done that you would have seen "Vector has mimicked Vector and killed... whoever it was."

It would have been VERY clear something was up, but not immediately over.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2009, 03:46:59 pm »

Problem 1: Using a tvtropes link with your game will mean endless inactivity since everyone will keep getting stuck in there for hours rather than posting.

*struggles against the trap*
I have considered, as scum, using tvtropes as a way to kill the town discussion. (Requires deadlines).

I realize now what I don't like about mafia.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2009, 11:32:28 pm »

Blood Bowl Mafia

So, there will be to teams,  made up of different players. Those two teams will most likely be the Reikland Reavers(Humans and the Orcland Raiders(Orcs). Two phases, both team phases, where the "coach" will decide to pick a player to blitz another, which will be decided by their Strength(like in regular Blood Bowl). During each phase, everyone chooses someone to foul, which will kill them(or something like that. Im trying to decide if I want to insta-kill the or what). Whoever's team has the ball last will win.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 31, 2009, 11:35:58 pm »

That's... not very mafia-ish.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: January 01, 2010, 12:20:11 am »

Blood Bowl Mafia

So, there will be to teams,  made up of different players. Those two teams will most likely be the Reikland Reavers(Humans and the Orcland Raiders(Orcs). Two phases, both team phases, where the "coach" will decide to pick a player to blitz another, which will be decided by their Strength(like in regular Blood Bowl). During each phase, everyone chooses someone to foul, which will kill them(or something like that. Im trying to decide if I want to insta-kill the or what). Whoever's team has the ball last will win.

This subforum and thread are for games of mafia, Org. Not regular forum games. This is nothing like mafia.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2010, 06:45:54 pm »

Hated Town vs. Beloved Mafia. Discuss.
(hated being lynch makes night skip, beloved lynch makes day skip)
mislynches until mafialynch, followed by double night phase...? hmm.
2/9-2/8-2/7-2/6-2/5->1/2 Three mislynches standard, I guess, but mafia only get a kill if you kill one, or no-lynch. Odd.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2010, 06:47:27 pm »

WIFOM Mafia:

A gathering of the richest nobles in the land goes awry. It seems some villians have poisoned the wine. This is very rare magical wine that keeps the extremely aged nobles alive, so they must drink a glass of this wine every day to survive. Every night, the villians poison as many glasses as they choose. During the day, the nobles discuss matters and may freely switch glasses as often as they like, as long as both sides are willing. However, everybody MUST drink a glass.

The nobles have some tricks of their own. They might be able to poison their own glasses, they might have some anti-venom they can use, or they might just simply be able to watch one of the glasses to see who gets near it. There are also dastardly third-parties that have some tricks up their own sleeves, as well. There might be a lyncher who know's if their target's glass is poisonous or not. There might be a serial killer who can make a loud, attention grabbing explosion. During the panic, he has just enough time to switch a pair of drinks or poison one of the drinks without anybody noticing. One of the nobles may even have a special additive that will make the drinker become very submissive, almost as though they were in a cult.

Just an idea I had, but it seems fun. It seems very anti-town right now, so I'd probably throw in a good number of power roles. Take note, however, that there will be no town roles that can find a person's alignment directly. Watchers? Yes. Trackers? Yes. Cops? No. Role cops? Fuck no. Radioactive friendly neighbor? Are you kidding me?

Also, notice that the town has no way of killing people directly (there's no lynch), so I'd also make sure to throw in a good number of town-based killing roles.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2010, 06:59:07 pm »

že flask: can drink flask instead of goblet, once, thereby avoiding poison.
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: January 02, 2010, 08:03:31 pm »

You guys didnt get what I meant then.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: January 02, 2010, 08:08:38 pm »

Man, I've thought of so many dumb setups that would never actually work.  You Have To Lynch The Mod is my favourite ridiculous setup :P.

I'll get Horrible Role Mafia up and running sometime soon.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: January 02, 2010, 08:09:42 pm »

Sounds interesting

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: January 02, 2010, 08:20:45 pm »

I'd be extremely interested in WIFOM Mafia.  Hated town vs. Beloved just looks... weird.  Might be a good daygame-practice sort of thing, with a twist so we don't get too bored.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: January 02, 2010, 08:27:33 pm »

What about a fake poison as well, that "kills" them for a day but is actually a sleepy thing

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2010, 02:38:54 am »

WIFOM Mafia:

A gathering of the richest nobles in the land goes awry. It seems some villians have poisoned the wine. This is very rare magical wine that keeps the extremely aged nobles alive, so they must drink a glass of this wine every day to survive. Every night, the villians poison as many glasses as they choose. During the day, the nobles discuss matters and may freely switch glasses as often as they like, as long as both sides are willing. However, everybody MUST drink a glass.

The nobles have some tricks of their own. They might be able to poison their own glasses, they might have some anti-venom they can use, or they might just simply be able to watch one of the glasses to see who gets near it. There are also dastardly third-parties that have some tricks up their own sleeves, as well. There might be a lyncher who know's if their target's glass is poisonous or not. There might be a serial killer who can make a loud, attention grabbing explosion. During the panic, he has just enough time to switch a pair of drinks or poison one of the drinks without anybody noticing. One of the nobles may even have a special additive that will make the drinker become very submissive, almost as though they were in a cult.

Just an idea I had, but it seems fun. It seems very anti-town right now, so I'd probably throw in a good number of power roles. Take note, however, that there will be no town roles that can find a person's alignment directly. Watchers? Yes. Trackers? Yes. Cops? No. Role cops? Fuck no. Radioactive friendly neighbor? Are you kidding me?

Also, notice that the town has no way of killing people directly (there's no lynch), so I'd also make sure to throw in a good number of town-based killing roles.

I approve.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2010, 09:28:36 am »

If the mafia starts losing, couldn't they just poison everyone?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 108