Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!  (Read 140881 times)

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!
« Reply #465 on: October 25, 2010, 10:17:33 am »

I could run a 5p Kingmaker, if anyone's interested.

No PRs. Just one Assassin and one Kingmaker.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 25, 2010, 04:54:32 pm »

I just realized that for fast-paced vanilla games, you could make a "mod" account. For games like Vengeful, there is no need for a mod account, since there is no night kills. Vanilla games would have one for the mafia to post who's killed, and a kingmaker game could have one for the scum and one for the kingmaker.

Basically, so long as there is no doctor, cop (Well, sort of - you could PM the player from a cop account), roleblocker, or some other hidden modifier in games, games could essentially be "player-modded." There would be one player to set up roles (Which is easy, since it's an open set-up), but otherwise it'd be simple.

How's it sound?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 25, 2010, 04:58:51 pm »

There would have to be some sort of random method to distributing roles. Not that I don't trust you guys, but I don't even want there to be a chance of cheating.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 25, 2010, 05:05:51 pm »

I just realized that for fast-paced vanilla games, you could make a "mod" account. For games like Vengeful, there is no need for a mod account, since there is no night kills. Vanilla games would have one for the mafia to post who's killed, and a kingmaker game could have one for the scum and one for the kingmaker.

Basically, so long as there is no doctor, cop (Well, sort of - you could PM the player from a cop account), roleblocker, or some other hidden modifier in games, games could essentially be "player-modded." There would be one player to set up roles (Which is easy, since it's an open set-up), but otherwise it'd be simple.

How's it sound?

Seems unwieldy, as we're talking multiple accounts (given multiple roles/factions) per game, and there could be concurrent games. Plus I believe Toady frowns at multiaccounts and that kind of thing (The Overseer gets away with it, I think, because it's just one and seldom used). It could work, but I can't quite picture how.

Plus, the mod's job is not just handing out roles and kills, it's the flavour, man! We needs moar flavour!

My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 25, 2010, 05:22:20 pm »

There would have to be some sort of random method to distributing roles. Not that I don't trust you guys, but I don't even want there to be a chance of cheating.
The roles would be randomly assigned, of course.

Seems unwieldy, as we're talking multiple accounts (given multiple roles/factions) per game, and there could be concurrent games. Plus I believe Toady frowns at multiaccounts and that kind of thing (The Overseer gets away with it, I think, because it's just one and seldom used). It could work, but I can't quite picture how.

Plus, the mod's job is not just handing out roles and kills, it's the flavour, man! We needs moar flavour!
The accounts would be re-used or used for multiple games, certainly. I'm simply saying that for small vanilla games, this could be an easy way to play without having to wait for a mod.

And yes, the flavor would be gone. Sad, but true.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2010, 06:56:13 pm by webadict »

The Overseer

« Reply #470 on: October 25, 2010, 05:30:22 pm »

pretty dumb

Zathras

• Bay Watcher
  • Boogie thinks you being confoosed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 25, 2010, 05:42:54 pm »

8-P
My soul has been freed by the King of the Mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 25, 2010, 06:56:27 pm »

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 26, 2010, 05:25:57 pm »

To be honest, I think The Overseer gets a free pass because Toady doesn't know. Considering he's a crucial aspect to most of my games, I hope both that no one abuses him *glares a few posts up* and that I don't end up getting in trouble for it.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 10, 2010, 08:32:32 pm »

I am making some rules for a new mafia type. Based off the sci-fi game Paranoia.
Should be fun.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 10, 2010, 09:52:43 pm »

You mean this Paranoia?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_%28role-playing_game%29

If so, color me interested.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 11, 2010, 09:02:43 am »

WAHNT
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 11, 2010, 04:42:50 pm »

Yeah.
It may get a little...
Crazy?
So many things I can add. 0_0

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 13, 2010, 04:49:20 pm »

Hmm... recently, I've began to feel that we're just too wordy in our games.  I mean, our posts and threads bloat to ridiculous proportions.

So how about a game with a word/ post limit per person per day on it?  Could be interesting to see if we can be more to the point.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 13, 2010, 04:52:45 pm »

Vector disapproval enormous.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 108