Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 108

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!  (Read 140848 times)

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!
« Reply #405 on: August 01, 2010, 09:58:03 am »

wut.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: August 01, 2010, 11:01:55 am »

Pandarsenic (if my memory is correct) ran a game in which people voted out people and the last person standing won, in which those voted out could still vote.

I am proposing a game in which people vote out people and the first half voted out win, in which those voted out could still vote.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 01, 2010, 05:43:02 pm »

Not true: Inaluct in Paranormal 3.

The easiest and safest way to do that is to work with the mafia. Everytime there's a survivor that has a brain in a setup, you could of replaced that player with a mafia-ally and they would play exactly the same.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 01, 2010, 06:31:57 pm »

Pandarsenic (if my memory is correct) ran a game in which people voted out people and the last person standing won, in which those voted out could still vote.

I am proposing a game in which people vote out people and the first half voted out win, in which those voted out could still vote.
Correct and I'd be interested in that.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: August 21, 2010, 06:37:57 pm »

A crazy [set of] idea(s) came to me the other day.

Diplomatic Theatre Mafia.
"Basic" version
There are Diplomats, Admirals. A country is composed of one each, and possibly multiple Nationals [vanillas]
There is a Rogue Nation, composed of a Spy [diplomat], a Pirate [Admiral],  and possibly Rebels[nationals]
Basic: Diplomats may vote to sanction a country [or a person, as countries are hidden initially], blocking their votes. (The Rogue Nation is unknown and cannot be targeted in this manner.)
Admirals may vote to attack a country, killing one of its people at random, or protect a country or person, keeping it safe from attack. Both these votes are in secret, on Quicktopics, posting under country names so as to not give away who's who.
All may vote to lynch.
Nationals will know either the identity of their country's Diplomat or its Admiral, at random.

The Rogue Nation of course desires to thwart this peace and kill enough to take the vote power.
Spies may spy upon a person at night, seeing what they are, along with the Diplomat vote.
Pirates may attack a nation at night, in place of the nightkill, killing someone at random from there.
Rebels are vanilla mafia.
Advanced options
1 Leaders are added, and are known to their citizenry as well. They behave as Beloved Princesses for their country alone
1b. but may select new Diplomats and Admirals to replace old ones from their citizenry.
1c. Assassin is added, goal to kill all the Leaders.
2a All countries get private chats rather than just the Rogue
2b. but must be coded.
3. Alternative goal for each country is for it to be the last country standing, in addition to the normal "end the rogue threat"
4. A Refugee Nation is added, its goal is to kill off any country and supplant it. It has no special roles, only Refugees, until it finds a space.
5. Rogue Nation has non-mafia goals;
5b. Spies m find (1-N) Diplomats at night, then win
5c. Pirates must Pillage N countries at night, die if the country is protected.
5d. If in addition to the mafia goal, pirates may instead choose to Retire to a Country they have not pillaged, becoming one of its Nationals and winning if they survive.
Super-advanced options
Nation-roles influence the votes, add powers, like-
BM- You get no Admiral, but any attack on your country is announced. You may buy Mercenaries at some point due to your wealth.
PA- You control some other Countries. Their votes are yours to spend as long as this condition lasts.
NEU- Double powervotes across the board, but no Leader. Diplomats and Admirals are replaced by election.
CWI- You have no power-votes, but your countrymen must be killed twice, in each instance. (Two naval attacks always kills one countryman, however-the randomisation does not make you quite so invincible) You may get double powervotes instead by spending a day and a night on a Five-Year Plan. However, this use of your labor removes your kill protection.
(Option: Each of the last two country gets a spy and their goal is to find the other)
NIC- Triple or more war-votes, or possibly an independent military action to Conquer or Kill.
3R Triple diplomatic votes and a conquer action, but you must sacrifice a National each night.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: August 21, 2010, 09:17:59 pm »

I laughed (Cold-waristan?  Seriously? :D ).

But in more seriousness, this is awesome.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: August 21, 2010, 10:01:37 pm »

I kind of liked "Napoleonic-Industrial Complex" best myself...Oh yeah, I fixed my PM settings, now.

A 'simple', 3-nation 9-person game would be in some odd situation on day 1-losing either country's power role would null the town's power in that field. Losing both gives that power to the mafia, which could result in them controlling two kills and a triple voteblock...but by then four townies are dead, so they'd win anyway. Hmm. I suspect 3-nation would have most complex politicking.

Oh, duh, can't do 3/9 mafia. That's one problem.

Also unsure what conditions to set to set the sun on PA's imperial connections.

Someone dying basically confirms that country, but...this doesn't seem to be a big obstacle, as countries are hidden, so you can't go "THAT'S THE ROGUE NATION! THAT ONE!"
« Last Edit: August 21, 2010, 10:07:04 pm by CobaltKobold »
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: August 22, 2010, 12:00:27 am »

...I could just saw the nation-roles off of the "diplomatic arena" mafia and make them a mafiagame.
Tilesets

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: August 22, 2010, 01:51:37 pm »

Maybe a Homestuck Mafia?
Maybe. Hmm.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2010, 05:01:15 pm »

Maybe a Homestuck Mafia?
Maybe. Hmm.
Since I am almost done with the roles, does anyone want to help me fix some probably broken roles?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2010, 05:13:46 pm »

Maybe a Homestuck Mafia?
Maybe. Hmm.
Since I am almost done with the roles, does anyone want to help me fix some probably broken roles?

Good lord, as long as you don't give anyone the survivor god-thing Neruz tossed me, you can't call it broken in comparison >_>;;
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: August 25, 2010, 05:23:09 pm »

Ask me anything Org, I am an eExpert.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: August 25, 2010, 05:34:57 pm »

Maybe a Homestuck Mafia?
Maybe. Hmm.

Good lord, as long as you don't give anyone the survivor god-thing Neruz tossed me, you can't call it broken in comparison >_>;;
Derp. Yeah. I may need help with balancing as well. I will try to finish and send it to you in a few hours.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: August 25, 2010, 05:36:20 pm »

Gah, don't send it to me!  I may want to play, and I don't know the first thing about balancing.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: August 25, 2010, 06:22:45 pm »

I meant Toony. >.> Whoops/
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 108