Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 108

Author Topic: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!  (Read 140965 times)

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
Re: [DISCUSSION] Mafia Gametypes: Hash 'em out here!
« Reply #1050 on: May 20, 2012, 02:14:41 pm »

He who gets lynched this day loses regardless of whether his team wins in the end.
Could be interesting.

Every vote on every person is offset down the list of players by the number of players already voting this person.
Sounds like a headache.  Some coordination would be needed to actually lynch anyone.

He who gets lynched this day flips and resurrects.
Confirmed townie.  Bad.

The guy with the largest/smallest number of posts this day dies.
Either a spam fest or activity death.

Everybody who votes the guy who gets lynched gets flipped at the end of the day (but doesn't die).
Instant gamebreaker.  Bad.

Edits are allowed for one day.
I'd lynch anyone who edited their post since there's no reason for a non-mafia to do it.  I guess it wouldn't be bad though.

He who would normally get lynched instead dies next morning and can be saved (optionally flips immediatly).
If flips immediately then confirmed townie, bad.  Otherwise ok I guess as long as the mafia has no doc.

Everyone can use purple font to select a guy who will get flipped but not die at the end of the day.
Confirmed townie bad.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't think I !!am!!, therefore I !!am!! not
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: May 21, 2012, 06:33:25 am »

Er, I forgot to clarify: for such a setup scum would need to be given an advantage to compensate for all those confirmed townies. When I was writing that I was rolling around a flip-based setup in my head, so that's why so many ideas are based on it.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: May 21, 2012, 11:49:06 am »

A flip-based system could work pretty well if the scum team was a cult. That avoids anyone *really* being confirmed town.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: May 21, 2012, 04:13:18 pm »

So:

Mafia can recruit townies (one per night, along with NK)
Every day a law is picked randomly from the big list
No confirmed townies, because of cult scum.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: May 22, 2012, 03:28:34 am »

For moar goodness, make cultists not know each other identity, be able to recruit two people per night and have an unconvertable town role that can convert them back.

TolyK

• Bay Watcher
  • Nowan Ilfideme
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: May 22, 2012, 07:32:29 am »

How do they not know their identity?
And possibly have a 3rd-party that converts folks to scum, not the scum themselves, that wins with scum?
My Mafia Stats
just do whatevery tolyK and blame it as a bastard mod
Shakerag: Who are you personally suspicious of?
At this point?  TolyK.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: May 22, 2012, 07:56:55 am »

For moar goodness, make cultists not know each other identity, be able to recruit two people per night and have an unconvertable town role that can convert them back.

So when someone gets unconverted they can nark out all the other mafia?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1057 on: May 22, 2012, 08:17:32 am »

Dariush is suggesting the cultists wouldn't know each other.  I don't think I like that idea though since it means they aren't really meaningfully different to townies (they have no kill and no idea who they should be helping).

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: May 22, 2012, 10:29:04 am »

Dariush is suggesting the cultists wouldn't know each other.  I don't think I like that idea though since it means they aren't really meaningfully different to townies (they have no kill and no idea who they should be helping).
Then we can allow the cult leader to contact them.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2012, 10:30:43 am by Dariush »

Supercharazad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: May 22, 2012, 10:57:10 am »

Hmm. As an idea, what if they had two "factions" of scum, and town? The two factions don't know who they are, but can NK eachother. Town wins if both of them die, if a flip happens then they become randomly one of the factions or town if theyre in the factions, each faction gets one Nk and one recruit per night, each day a new law appears.

Three way mafia with recruiting, rule changes and crazyness. New recruits once they are deconverted are bound by the rules to never reveal the names of the scum (they "forget" all that happened"). That prevents them from just destroying the scum easily with a deconvert.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: May 22, 2012, 02:54:10 pm »

Anonymously, right*?  That could be quite interesting.  Personally I'd allow the cult leader to choose which rule will come up next because that seems to be a lot funnier.

*I'm imagining you send a pm to the mod who sends it to the cult member - that way you wouldn't be able to work it out from timezones.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: May 23, 2012, 01:48:00 am »

Hmm. As an idea, what if they had two "factions" of scum, and town? The two factions don't know who they are, but can NK eachother. Town wins if both of them die, if a flip happens then they become randomly one of the factions or town if theyre in the factions, each faction gets one Nk and one recruit per night, each day a new law appears.
Waaaaaay too skewed in the scum's favor.
Three way mafia with recruiting, rule changes and crazyness. New recruits once they are deconverted are bound by the rules to never reveal the names of the scum (they "forget" all that happened"). That prevents them from just destroying the scum easily with a deconvert.
No, just no. What's the point of having a deconverted town who knows the scum identity and can't do shit about that? (that was a rhetorical question, BTW. 'just no' still applies)

Anonymously, right*?  That could be quite interesting.  Personally I'd allow the cult leader to choose which rule will come up next because that seems to be a lot funnier.

*I'm imagining you send a pm to the mod who sends it to the cult member - that way you wouldn't be able to work it out from timezones.
Actually, I was thinking about non-anonymous informing (i.e. first-person). That way the leader has to consider who is likely to get deconverted and has to decide whose else identity to reveal (again, risking the guy being deconverted).

Though I like that bit about leader picking the law, though it seems kinda skewed in scum's favor.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: May 23, 2012, 06:50:46 am »

As a cult leader you would never ever want to pm anyone.  As lone scum who has to survive you just can't take risks like that.

Dariush

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: May 23, 2012, 07:54:25 am »

As a cult leader you would never ever want to pm anyone.  As lone scum who has to survive you just can't take risks like that.
Actually, that's not true. The most obvious case: a cultist A is attacking another cultist B (neither know other's identity) and the leader knows that B is a power role. Wouldn't it be a pretty good idea to PM A and inform him about B's culticity?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: May 23, 2012, 08:32:27 am »

No.  Because a cult leader is the strongest possible power role in any game and losing him would be a virtually instant loss in a game where townies are being constantly confirmed (permanently confirmed with the cult leader dead).  PMing A would be stupidly risking a complete loss (if A is converted then he now knows about both you AND B).
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 108