Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Just a quick question...  (Read 560 times)

Flaming Monkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Just a quick question...
« on: November 03, 2009, 09:55:24 pm »

...then this topic can die a slow murky death.

So after experiencing my first siege, losing most of my dwarves to a drought, surviving, and rebuilding, I've yet to experience another siege.  It's been about three years now, ambushes still happen once in a while but nothing exciting.  Is this normal of DF or is my game bugged?

And yes, we beat back the first siege.

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Just a quick question...
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 10:12:39 pm »

You have to have enough population to trigger a siege.  80 I believe.  There might be some other factors (Wealth, etc).

Also, keep in mind it's fairly random.
The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Flaming Monkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 10:18:19 pm »

Currently I have 172 dwarves and...oh look more migrants.  As for wealth its 1226707.  I've always thought of seiges as annual things, it's just too peaceful around here.

jocan2003

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 10:26:24 pm »

Kick off these elven ass if you can strand them in your castle for long time, of smash them with the atom smasher ( drawbridge ) do that for a few caravan you dont need ( exept dwarven caravan of course they are our friend after all ) and believe me you better sit tight because youll get plenty of ennemy of all kind and less caravan mean also harder time to get what you need, wich mean more FUN if you run out of something and so on :)
Quote from: LoSboccacc
that was a luky dwarf. I had one dabbling surgeon fail so spectacularly that the patient skull flew a tile away from the table.
Quote from: NW_Kohaku
DF doesn't mold players into its image - DF merely selects those who were always ready for DF.
Quote from: Girlinhat
Minecraft UI is very simple. There's only so many ways you can implement "simple" without copying something. We also gonna complain that it uses WASD?

Flaming Monkey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 10:55:57 pm »

Maybe I should have posted this in the Dwarf mode board instead.  Could someone move this?

I've been starving most of the elven caravans to death, and my fort is almost self sufficient, all it lack is a proper booze department.

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 04:26:37 am »

my fort is almost self sufficient, all it lack is a proper booze department.

:o
How can you say it is self sufficient then ? Would you say "Hey guys, the hospital is ready to open, it just lacks its walls" ? Quick, fix that !