Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause  (Read 41009 times)

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 3 - Desperation
« Reply #330 on: December 02, 2009, 02:40:31 am »

I actually thought that was the whole point of it. To scare him into posting.

You try to make yourself look less with theevilmonk by accusing him (of something quite obvious) but not voting him and instead voting me.

After a while of arguing my suspicousions are back at square one. Thinking of a Jim/RNG team or a Nirur/monk team leaning towards Jim/RNG after that defense of RNG.

theevilmonk is hiding in your shadow Nirur.
Why?
Meh.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 02, 2009, 03:14:07 am »

The bandwagon was simply a scare from all the active players to get theevilmonk talking again. So obviously unvote theevilmonk. The votes were never permanent.

You're really putting words into our mouths to let theevilmonk off the hook. Why defend him?

Putting words in who's mouth?

Anyways, Unvote Halmie. theevilmonk logged in as recently as an hour ago, yet hasn't posted. There's no excuse for lurking at lynch or lose.
theevilmonk as soon as you stop lurking I'll retract the vote. If you are overly busy you should ask for a replacement.
theevilmonk apparently won't post anything till tomorrow. I'm not quite sure what theevilmonk is thinking, but that kind of behavior is unacceptable during lylo.

The three of us who voted for theevilmonk stated in the very post we voted for him, that we will retract the vote when he starts posting again. Which is exactly what Halmie said.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 02, 2009, 08:23:40 am »

Current Vote Count:
theevilmonk[1]: Jim Groovester
RandomNumberGenerator[1]:  theevilmonk
Halmie[1]: Nirur Torir

Not Voting: RandomNumberGenerator, Halmie,

Note 1: When the deadline is reached and the host has yet to end day, consider it a minor extension with the day ending at an unexpected time (when the host returns)

4 extension requests made.  Extension granted

Deadline: Thursday, 9pm EST

Further extensions can be requested as desired.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 02, 2009, 01:54:44 pm »

theevilmonk is hiding in your shadow Nirur.
Why?

My guess is because he can. He was already suspected of being scum. By buddying up with somebody, suspicion is shifted away from his real partner. If he gets lynched and flips scum, then I'm clearly scum because of his buddying up.

Unvote. Theevilmonk. I didn't have my vote on him sooner so that I had more weight to my accusations. Since I'm apparently bad at scum hunting with accusations and am out of leads, I'll just put my vote back where it belongs. Being accused of busting my scumbuddy is now inevitable. So be it.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 02, 2009, 01:58:02 pm »

Nirur Torir, you've answered my questions to my satisfaction. I'm convinced enough that you're not scum, for the time being. Although I will eat a sock if you are.

My vote's on theevilmonk and it will stay there until we lynch him.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 03, 2009, 12:45:03 am »

buddying up? where did i do this

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 03, 2009, 02:53:48 am »

Theevilmonk, why do you lurk then hide? My vote on you was to get you back and now all you do is hide behind Nirur, posting less content per post than me (I try to post content but it backfires)

What you are doing is almost whenever Nirur makes a vote you copy it. Out of 3 I think you have done it twice.

I was thinking you might come up in an actual defense summed up in more than:
Meh.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 03, 2009, 12:49:56 pm »

itd help if i actually knew where said instances weree, so i could explain them

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 03, 2009, 05:31:55 pm »

itd help if i actually knew where said instances weree, so i could explain them

Instead of posting a mild defense then lurking again, why aren't you doing any scumhunting? You're on your way to being voted off. Townie or scum, you should never want to get voted off, especially during lylo. Yet you're sort of mildly accepting it for no reason. Why?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 03, 2009, 05:55:12 pm »

Current Vote Count:
theevilmonk[3]: Jim Groovester, Nirur Torir, Halmie
RandomNumberGenerator[1]:  theevilmonk

Not Voting: RandomNumberGenerator

Deadline: less than 4 hours.
I KNEW IT!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 03, 2009, 07:56:17 pm »

how is that a good reason to vote at this point in the game? not being able to get on often should have no impact during lylo, and its not my fault this thing doesnt like me fixing what i type. either way, halmieyour either an idiot using bad reasoning at this point in the game or are scum as well.

One of Jim and RNG are scum, and was helping lead the other, of that im sure. but one of them must be town as scum wouldnt buddy that close to his partner. I beleive its RNG

also i was rereading and found this to be entertaining. He was asked who he though would be in the finall five by Nirur
Probably you and The evil monk.
The evil monk because he is townie but not a threat when it comes down to final 5
And you. I just feel it in my guts that even if you aren't scum then you're not the kind of player to get lynched easily

and RNg whats so unacceptable about not posting till the next day when you have work early the next morning? thats just inconsiderate of you. or are you talkiing about something else i said in which case please elaborate
You posted that an hour after I voted for RNG, and didn't really explain why you felt that way.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 03, 2009, 10:08:06 pm »

The bodies of Jim Groovester, Nirur Torir, and Halmie gather together around theevilmonk and the chant begins.  The body in the middle of the chanters turns in shock.  "No!  I'm one of yours!" he yells.  Too late, however, as the circled star appears under him.  The chanting grows louder and the star grows brighter.

Nirur Torir suddenly begins chanting as well.  After a moment, the others notice that he had not been chanting until now.  The circled star, normally white, changes into a rust color.  Theevilmonk's arms and legs press up against his body as if bound by rope.

Jim Groovester barely has time to stop chanting before RandomNumberGenerator comes from behind and slams a crystal into his head.  As this happens, Nirur Torir, while still chanting, turns to do the same to Halmie.  The soulstones absorb the spirits out of their hosts as Theevilmonk stands still, held in place and too full of shock and fear to speak out until RandomNumberGenerator places a soulstone on his head as well.

Night has fallen on the old house.  Nirur Torir is seen in the front yard kneeling by the last of the dead bodies as RandomNumberGenerator exits the house to meet him.

"The evil on this place was strong: even the house it self was possessed.  It's all cleansed and protected.  No spirit will take over this place ever again." RandomNumberGenerator said.

Blue flames engulfed the body in front of Nirur Torir for a moment then disappeared, leaving nothing behind.  Nirur Torir said "Then we are done here?"

"I see that you are, and thank you." a suited man said, coming out of a black car. "The Litia Family thanks you.   Umm.. so it's safe now?"

RandomNumberGenerator nodded, "yes, Dakarian, the mafia won't have any spiritual trouble with their new headquarters."

Thus was the story of the first Headquarters of the Litia Mafia Family.  Soon, neighborhoods and towns everywhere will learn to not fear ghosts for a more dangerous force will be awaiting them in the night.

Thus Beginner's Mafia 5 has come to an end.

Congratulations to Mafia members, RandomNumberGenerator and Nirur Torir for their victory.

I KNEW IT!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause
« Reply #342 on: December 03, 2009, 10:17:14 pm »

All your souls are belong to us!

Apostolic Nihilist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 03, 2009, 10:20:48 pm »

Huh.
Admittedly, I was only skimming through this thread on occasion, but I was quite convinced of a Halmie/theevilmonk scumteam.

Mightily well played, RNG & Nirur Torir.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 03, 2009, 10:25:16 pm »

Victory!

Thanks for the fun game, all. I apologize to those who had to die early, despite needing more experience.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25