Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause  (Read 41062 times)

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 2 - The first exorcism
« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2009, 11:14:11 pm »

i object for 1 reason, if i have to do 5+ game days that last over a week each I will start killing people.

RNG is scum, he tried to keep the fight going and wanted to know why it stopped.

Jim is probably his buddy, that's why red wanted a replacement so quick, that is not what normally happens when he is town... (him asking to be replaced he normally is kicked by the mod)

don't blame me for a if you are not going to blame EVERYONE who voted for him.
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2009, 11:15:22 pm »

don't blame me for a if you are not going to blame EVERYONE who voted for him.

Fix'd:don't blame me for Rooster's death if you are not going to blame EVERYONE who voted for him.
Back to Mafia with me!

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2009, 11:59:12 pm »

No, I was testing your reaction, the accusation had no real proof and I don't mean it.
I was provoking you to see if you slipped up.
Meh.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 21, 2009, 12:10:54 am »

Diakron, why is it scummy for RNG to ask for a day extension?

Why did you post two different reasons for opposing the day extension?

Why is RedWarrior0 asking for a replacement scummy?

No, I was testing your reaction, the accusation had no real proof and I don't mean it.
I was provoking you to see if you slipped up.

So, what do you think? Did he slip up or not?

Halmie, I've also noticed that you've been agreeing with me a lot. I'm flattered, but you should post more substantive comments than simply agreement with me or anyone else. I'd accuse you of buddying up (which is scummy) if you weren't a newbie.

Consider this a gentle warning before I start ripping into you like a wolf to a lamb for it.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 21, 2009, 12:27:55 am »

I'll agree with you when I want.

Anyway the only thing I agreed with you on is that Diakron is being too agressive to defend himself. Which i'm not to sure about.

What does everyone else think of what happened in the night?
Meh.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 21, 2009, 12:30:09 am »

Jim do you perhaps have trouble understanding English? my post is very straight foward.

I gave A reason to object day extension, post more if you want more to happen guys...

RNG was pushing the fight and asking why we stopped fighting...

redwarrior0 has a bad habit of knowing he cannot get on and not telling anyone, but only if he is town, i am very sure you are scum becuase of that Jim, cuase you replaced Red...

Don't threaten the new guys Jim, or i will "start ripping into you like a wolf", myself...
Back to Mafia with me!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 21, 2009, 12:36:23 am »

I think the scum is trying to get me Lynched by killing my opponent, it is a good tactic and most of the time wins the game for them, unless we look at this from both directions then discard the fact that the two fought at all.

the reasoning: you should analyze everything but the first time this happens always consider the fact that scum wants you to think that guy a killed guy b cause he is scum.
Back to Mafia with me!

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 21, 2009, 12:43:30 am »

Yeah I thought of that but got caught up with WIFOM.

Diakrons answer(s) were good enough for me to suspect him less but not wipe him off my list.
Meh.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 21, 2009, 01:03:07 am »

Don't get caught in the who-was-the-NK-victim-arguing-with WIFOM. Consider what they said, whom they suspected, and whom they argued with, but don't let it eat you up.

Also, part of Diakron's meta (at least previously) was that he would become defensive of his scumpartner, even at a random vote. I don't know if he still does. Feel free to comb over previous games that the slightly-older players have been in for that sort of thing; it'll give you a decisive edge.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 21, 2009, 01:06:17 am »

Jim do you perhaps have trouble understanding English? my post is very straight foward.

I don't know, Diakron. Perhaps you have trouble communicating English effectively?

I found each of your statements to be lacking. Which is why I asked you questions about them. I'll keep asking you questions about them until you answer them to my satisfaction.

Or I'll just vote you, Diakron, because I think you're scum and incapable of answering my questions to my satisfaction for that reason.

I think the scum is trying to get me Lynched by killing my opponent, it is a good tactic and most of the time wins the game for them, unless we look at this from both directions then discard the fact that the two fought at all.

the reasoning: you should analyze everything but the first time this happens always consider the fact that scum wants you to think that guy a killed guy b cause he is scum.

Heh, you suggesting this is WIFOM on its own.

Scum don't choose to kill based on who they think they can lynch tomorrow. They choose who to kill based on who's best at scumhunting and whoever has power roles. It's a consistent pattern throughout all the games I've read through and the strategy the scum talk about after it ends.

Nobody would suggest that you, Diakron, if you were scum, would choose to kill the person who suspected you most. Because that would lead directly back to you, and that would be a bad move as scum.

Unless everybody already thinks this, and therefore there's a measure of safety in killing somebody who directly suspects you. This way, it's a way to clear yourself of suspicion.

Or perhaps following the night kill really isn't all that useful in the first place, and you shouldn't bother following who suspected who and instead evaluate the remaining players' actions and votes instead.

Which is what I did when I decided to vote for you. Scum.

FAKEEDIT: Dammit, ninja'd by Pandarsenic on this point.

Don't threaten the new guys Jim, or i will "start ripping into you like a wolf", myself...

I'd love to see you try
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 21, 2009, 01:18:35 am »

I'd like to see you try ripping into me, cmon nobody has even tried yet. What are you gonna do? Post a vote on me? Pfft.

I hang onto one person till it suits me then swing to another. It's just how I do things in any (multiplayer) game.
Meh.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 21, 2009, 01:41:00 am »

Votes? Don't make me laugh.

Votes aren't the worst thing you can do to somebody in a mafia game.

Walls of text are. Page spanning, vicious, thorough, barely logical walls of text. Imagine having every word choice, every throwaway comment, every insignificant aspect of your behavior scrutinized with the intent of accusing you of being scum.

Then imagine that as soon as you finish slogging your way through the first wall of text, another comes, asking you the exact same questions. Then another. Then another.

Are you sure you want to challenge me into doing that? I wouldn't wish it on anybody, but I will certainly give you a taste of it if that's what you want.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 21, 2009, 01:42:28 am »

But that would just be stupid, that's my point.
Meh.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 21, 2009, 01:49:11 am »

That's not stupid, that's how you catch scum. Jim, you shouldn't be threatening it, you should be DOING it.

Or at least that's how some people catch scum. It works.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 21, 2009, 02:20:10 am »

That's not stupid, that's how you catch scum. Jim, you shouldn't be threatening it, you should be DOING it.

Or at least that's how some people catch scum. It works.

Aye, I would be, but I don't want to be the one dominating the game. As in, I don't want to be the only person speaking, because that's a quick way to lose games. And this game is for the newbie's benefit, and I don't help them learn if I'm the only person doing the scumhunting.

That said, I'll have questions for you in time, Halmie, though it will probably be in a friendlier format than an invective wall of text.

Some of you quiet people need to get your asses in here and start talking.

That means you, Nirur Torir, RandomNumberGenerator, DirtyBirdy, and theevilmonk.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 25