Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause  (Read 41031 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 1 - The House on Haunted Hill
« Reply #90 on: November 16, 2009, 11:45:55 pm »

UNVOTE

Diakron, sorry, but you're last couple of posts - I was thinking about switching my vote after the lurking comment (lurking does seem a good strategy for scum, especially with me being so loud at the beginning, and it seemed odd you would come out so hard against considering it), and now your pushing a lynch.

In addition, Halmie's posts have given me a bit of pause in my first accusation, so I think its time to switch.

So, Diakron -
If you were actually scum, and you knew what you knew now, which person (who has posted already) would you least desire to be your partner?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 16, 2009, 11:53:38 pm »

Just a reminder: 9 players, 2 scum, assuming you don't hit scum until lylo and no roles become involved means...

2/9
Mislynch to 2/8, nightkill to 2/7
ML to 2/6, nk to 2/5

That means you have two mislynches. Make. Every. Kill. Count.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 16, 2009, 11:56:55 pm »

Edit: Upon reflection, I've decided I don't like my last question. So Diakron, new question instead: If you had the power to investigate someone, who would it be?

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 17, 2009, 12:35:33 am »

UNVOTE

Diakron, sorry, but you're last couple of posts - I was thinking about switching my vote after the lurking comment (lurking does seem a good strategy for scum, especially with me being so loud at the beginning, and it seemed odd you would come out so hard against considering it), and now your pushing a lynch.

In addition, Halmie's posts have given me a bit of pause in my first accusation, so I think its time to switch.

So, Diakron -
If you were actually scum, and you knew what you knew now, which person (who has posted already) would you least desire to be your partner?

i am not lurking, i am an extremely busy Adult, please ask anyone, THIS is me being very active.

You are reacting JUST like i thought you would as a newbie scum, yet ANOTHER OMGUS with a false reasoning attached, so i will answer both your questions and attempt my very first WoT.

if i was scum then i would least desire YOU to be my scumbuddy, you have drawn massive attention, you have OMGUS after mutliple warning that this is a Scumtell (esp. against someone who is attacking you, during the RVS this is overlooked but i am NOT random voting you), the next most would be Redwarrior0 see my post to RNG about this.

Edit: Upon reflection, I've decided I don't like my last question. So Diakron, new question instead: If you had the power to investigate someone, who would it be?

I would investigate RNG (RandomNumberGenerator) as he is the most experience (beside me, do not let my past fool you i am a good player when i devote myself) and very active.

Now i would like to present some evidence if no one minds:

Would you be willing to sacrifice yourself on the alter as the first to go to prove your Townie loyalty?

this just SCREAMS "SCUM SCUM SCUM!!11" there is a role called "jester", but that is for more advanced games, who WINS when he is lynched. No town should ask this question as A) it is not direct at anyone so no one would answer it and B) even though we win if all scum is killed we still want to live and help our cause.

Quote from: same post
Because I wanted to post a question, but then I realized it was very much from the position of a townie, which is a good thing as from what I can tell I want to be known as a townie because since the mafia already know I'm a townie it doesnt do me any good to hide it unless people get suspicious of the fact that I claim that in my first post and suspect me of dissembling with newish questions to make them think I'm something I'm not by saying something that implies that I am what I am and now I've gone crossed and my brains been stuck with an infinite loop.

WIFOM, yes this was stated before, but i want to draw attention to the fact that a person saying he NEVER played before was able to come up with WIFOM worded like this.

He also ask if he's allowed to rolefish, that is kind of a Newb tell though.

I can see arguments as to why that might be a good thing or a bad thing. I'm assuming its a bad thing (since then the scum get first kill, which is guaranteed to not be scum, rather the townies getting first kill which MIGHT be scum).

Does that seem about right?

THIS perked my ears! it almost read like an excited school boy, you didn't need to bring this up as an IC would have later...

Come to think of it should i be say Lynch All Liars on you? that's twice you have said something that really made me ask myself if we are dealing with a player from another forum... you have stated some things that are not easy to see until it happens...

Also Redwarrior0 seems to like to ask about roles and what people would do with them.

Also Nirur Torir, please don't feel that i have forgotten about you but thus far you are too inactive.
Back to Mafia with me!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 17, 2009, 01:28:17 am »

I can't believe I got caught in a WIFOM.
Honestly. I JUST (like 2 minutes ago) tought GG can't be THAT stupid!
And we would loose a lynch. there's something to it, but mistakes should be punished Toony Tunnel style.

Here goes FoS GG a permanent one.

Unvote vote nothing for now. I'll be back about 5 to 7 hours from now (I get back from school)

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 17, 2009, 01:35:05 am »

yayyyy bew keyboard, i can type again. however i still know little in the way of whats going on.. hmmm

Nirur Torir, same question back at you, what role would you want?

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 17, 2009, 02:54:41 am »

Nirur Torir, Probably Diakron or RNG, they seem the most expienced.

No one seems too scummy. And I'm not good at random accusing.

GG's move seemed less extreme defense but was still OMGUS.

Rooster, what is your strategy for this game?
Meh.

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 17, 2009, 04:13:14 am »

Be completely honest. The lynch all liars rule would be the most effective then.
Besides I thought it's a default one? Nobody besides me seems completely honest, that's why assume I'm doing something wrong :/

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 17, 2009, 05:44:12 am »

It's all the uncernanty. You don't know who to trust and you feel like the only one speaking the truth.
tbh I think you're not agressive enough, start applying pressure to anyone who seems to be the most suspicous and hammer them. Scum will usually make mistakes under pressure.

Or maybe you're the scum? Who knows? Anyone COULD be scum.

You have to get a little blood on your hands if you want to catch people.

Or is that your strategy? Lay low and actively lurk?

RNG, you want to be cop, who would you investigate?
Meh.

dirtybirdy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 17, 2009, 05:48:54 am »

To be true, I'm random voting myself at this point.  Being only my 2nd online game of mafia...it's hard for me to tell who is scum.  Everyone sounds suspect.  As for lurking...not I.  It takes me a while to get through all the text and I work 8-12 hour days.  The wall of text builds quickly.   

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 17, 2009, 07:04:52 am »

I wouldbe actively lurking if I would say that I had a ham sandwich.
I actually try to not be orgish.
I have bad memories of what happened at DF mafia.

But meh. TheEvilMonk
Do you think GryphGlyph is scum or town? Do you think there's a good reason to vote for him or is this unintended WIFOM?

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 17, 2009, 08:10:09 am »

Sorry I don't really know what i'm talking about.  ::) .

It wasn't just the WIFOM, read the bottom half of Diakrons last post for the full accusation.
Meh.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 17, 2009, 08:19:19 am »

RandomNumberGenerator[1]: RedWarrior0
GlyphGryph[2]: Halmie, Diakron
RedWarrior0[1]: Dirtybirdy
Halmie[1]: Nirur Torir
Nirur Torir[1]: theevilmonk
Diakron[1]: GlyphGryph
theevilmonk[1]: Rooster
dirtybirdy[1]: RandomNumberGenerator

Deadline: Wednesday, 11am EST

« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:32:40 am by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: November 17, 2009, 08:38:40 am »

My preferred role? Standard townie. Being my first game since the Mafia boards started, and second game total, I'd really hate to accidentally ruin the game by a combination of inexperience and an important role. Most of my knowledge not learned by IC comes from skipping BM3 and the wiki.

Unvote. Vote Diakron. FoS GG. Perhaps he is acting scummy. Perhaps he really is a newb. Diakron, you seem awfully intent on gunning him down, perhaps you're scum looking for an easy lynch and an early end to RVS? Of the people currently playing, who would you must like as a scum buddy, and why?

GG: Who among the current players would you least like as a scum buddy, and why?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 17, 2009, 09:53:12 am »

Quote from: Nirur Torir
[Diakron,] of the people currently playing, who would you most like as a scum buddy, and why?
Fixed.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 25