Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause  (Read 40998 times)

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5 signups: 2 slots left
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2009, 07:43:32 pm »

Mind if I join dis one? Or does BM4 (I'm dead) need to end?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5 signups: 2 slots left
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2009, 09:35:33 pm »

Since you had already died in BM 4, you're free to join here.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5 signups: 1 slot left
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2009, 10:13:06 pm »

Confirmation PMs are being sent, to make sure everyone that signed up is still available to play.
I KNEW IT!

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2009, 08:44:00 pm »

:) ??? >:(

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2009, 08:53:54 pm »

:) ??? >:(

Please do not spam.  If you want to know if you're still allowed to play, please make a post stating such.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2009, 09:05:39 pm »

that was not spam but me posing intrest in playing despite a broken kyboard  forgot i had a dsi i could use,wait theres a laptop sittingb next to my computer too..... kk im just an idiot

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2009, 09:08:08 pm »

that was not spam but me posing intrest in playing despite a broken kyboard  forgot i had a dsi i could use,wait theres a laptop sittingb next to my computer too..... kk im just an idiot

...  :)

Awesome.  We finally got our 9.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2009, 09:16:02 pm »

Drat.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2009, 09:17:31 pm »

Drat.

Aww  :-\

You know, we've got such a large influx of noobs that we might be able to run a Beginner's 6 with only a little bit of lag...

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 15, 2009, 09:23:21 pm »

That's 9.  Roles are being created, as well as the theme. 

Watch your PMs.  the game is starting soon.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5 signups: Game setting up.
« Reply #40 on: November 15, 2009, 11:48:26 pm »

Darkness reigns within a particular abandoned house.  It is said that those that enter the house are found either dead or driven mad.  Stories, true and false, are told about the 'residence' inside and their actions upon trespassers.  This does not stop individuals from entering the house anyway.

This story is not about those individuals.  Nor is it a story about 9 mediums who took it upon themselves to enter the home and attempt to cleanse it of this darkness.  Instead, it is the story of the 'residents' of the home: the spirits who guard the home from the living. 

The spirits noticed these mediums enter their home with ill intent and were ready for them.  They struck fast against the intruders, performing unspeakable rites which destroyed the souls of the living and allowed the spirit to take up residence inside the empty body.  Soon, the mediums were almost completely eliminated in this fashion. 

Once it was over, however, stones were located, held by the mediums.  The spirits called them soulstones and determined they were to be used to trap the spirits.  Most of the stones were 'empty'.  Two, however, were 'used' and contained two of the spirits meant to possess the mediums. 

Because of this, the spirits realized that two of the mediums are still alive.  What's more, instead of escape, they seem willing to act as already possessed, with the apparent intention of completing their task.

Now the spirits hunt for the two remaining mediums before they find themselves trapped forever in stone.

It is now Day 1

Surviving members.
Rooster
Nirur Torir
GlyphGryph
RandomNumberGenerator
Halmie
Diakron
Dirtybirdy
RedWarrior0
theevilmonk

Deadline: Tuesday, 11am EST
I KNEW IT!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 1 - The House on Haunted Hill
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2009, 11:56:35 pm »

Step 1: the random-vote stage. You should accuse other players at random, generally going for those without votes on them, and ask them question (i.e. "who would be your favorite scum partner" "who would be your least favorite scum partner" "who would be your least favorite scumteam" "which of the roles in this game would you like most" etc.)

Your goal is to cause someone to slip up and do or say something scummy. Assume your side has no power roles at all when scumhunting, because you might not have any and even if you do, they might be killed or roleblocked.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2009, 12:43:50 am »

RNG, if you where a cop who would you investigate tonight? Explain if you would please.
Back to Mafia with me!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2009, 12:48:59 am »

So, just to confirm the rules, we are not allowed to you if we have questions? They should just be posted in the thread?

Because I wanted to post a question, but then I realized it was very much from the position of a townie, which is a good thing as from what I can tell I want to be known as a townie because since the mafia already know I'm a townie it doesnt do me any good to hide it unless people get suspicious of the fact that I claim that in my first post and suspect me of dissembling with newish questions to make them think I'm something I'm not by saying something that implies that I am what I am and now I've gone crossed and my brains been stuck with an infinite loop.

And now I have no idea what I was saying but I apparently lost like half an hour thinking about it, so I'm not going to reread that previous paragraph and just move onto my second question.

So Scum is another word for Mafia/Mediums(for this game anyways) I assume? Just the general catchall regardless of game theme? (I love the role reversal for this game by the way, with the creatures devouring souls are the ones playing the townies!)

Are we allowed to ask each other if we have powers? (Clearly people have no need to be truthful, but just wondering)

Also, uhm... accusational questions... uh...
Rooster! Be ye ghost or ghoul? If you were a ghost, who would you vote for? If you were a ghoul, who would you kill? If you were a vampire, why would you be in this house and this story?

Answer to my satisfaction or face the wrath of my vooooote (may be an empty threat).

Anyways, so as far as voting goes, I assume it is more effective for the townies to stack up their votes on one person, rather than spread them out, since spreading them out will give the scum the opportunity to tip a decision they otherwise wouldn't be able to manipulate, simply because of their low numbers. However, they can collaborate without us knowing, and thus change 2 votes at the last second from one person to another causing a potential total vote difference of 4 (a 4 on A and a 4 on B could change to a 2 on A and a 6 on B just because of scum votes shifting).

So we want to make sure whoever we vote for, or agree to vote for, we kill, or else the scum get an advantage on breaking ties as well as killing us off which will turn the already bad 2 in 9 chance of us randomly killing one of them to something much worse.

And finally, a question to everyone!

Would you be willing to sacrifice yourself on the alter as the first to go to prove your Townie loyalty?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2009, 12:56:05 am »

Post questions or PM them. It's all the same to me.

Scum is a term for anyone anti-town. This means mafia, serial killers, and anyone else actively seeking to harm the town.

Asking if others have powers is something you CAN do but SHOULD NOT, because if someone has a power it highlights them for a scum nightkill.

And a final warning GGryph, you're acting VERY scummy right now.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25