Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause  (Read 41005 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 3 - Desperation
« Reply #300 on: November 29, 2009, 11:11:48 am »

Right, right. I didn't log on at all during thanksgiving, and when I got back yesterday I wanted time to think on what happened before posting. Maybe I should have made a post stating I'll be back later, but it seemed kind of pointless. Oh well. Anyway, it seems that I made a pretty big mistake. I was so sure Diakron was scum that I tunneled onto him and didn't pay much attention to anybody else. That's all changing now.

Halmie, you're doing the exact same thing that Diakron was doing; posting accusations without any evidence. Please find some before posting meaningless accusations, because despite the fact that Diakron ended up rolling town, that is a very scummy thing to do. While I don't want to vote for you just yet because of what happened to Diakron, you are very suspicious to me.

Jim Groovester, you were the second person to vote for Diakron - right after you said he didn't strike you as scum. What made you change your mind? At the time I didn't question it because I thought someone else saw what I saw, but it appears we both saw illusions.

The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 29, 2009, 01:33:55 pm »

I was going to post something sooner, but couldn't find any scumtells for Jim that haven't already been pointed out. I'd go for RNG, but I'm going to draw theevilmonk out of his lurking.

nirur torirwould you beleive i wanted to be a plain townie as i have never played before?

Your very first post in this game reads like you were very nervous about my vote when you posted it. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, but still thought it suspicious.

You spent two days doing very little, while leaving your vote on me. You've gone through several excuses to resume lurking. Mind if I count them?

yayyyy bew keyboard, i can type again. however i still know little in the way of whats going on.. hmmm

Nirur Torir, same question back at you, what role would you want?
On why you're being passive:
rng: simply because i have no idea what im doing, this is my first game and i knew little to nothing when i joined it.

Rooster, the way i see it from your posts. reason one, because you said noone else seems completly honest here earlier, and i take that as an insult. second, you keep trying to find out what everyone thinks about GG and trying to get him off for it, leading me to beleive that you and him might be scumbuddies.. scummy scummy scumbuddies. But regardless
which is why im not voting for anyone at this point, hoping that something will come to light, yo
ive been umm.. busy ;D for the past couple days. so.

as to Jims QuestionL i was planing on coming back and going over everything again that night before voting but more important things came up.

and i dont have time now to reread over everything to decide what to do, ill be back tonight probably with something slightly more substantial

That's four, and you didn't even really try with the last one. That third quote shows that you're content to just let everybody else do all the dirty work.

in that case, in the intrest of not enough time i will for now change my vote  unvote Halmie                    RNG

You never did explain that shift just before day two ended, casting a nonsense vote for somebody you were sure wouldn't be lynched. You didn't even vote on day 1. Then, when Diakron flipped cop:

who was right? YOU GUYS ARE IDIOTS

"Look at me, I didn't lynch the cop!"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I only found a single lengthy post from you in this thread.

first of all UNVOTE, my vote on nirur was just out of spite anyways

Rooster, although he has been acting weird he could just be an idiot. although he does seem the most scummy out of anyone at this point, but that doesnt necesarily mean anything in a game of beginners. At this point im just not sure. however for now i will let him go

Glyphgryph: to be honest ive had alot of trouble trying to keep up with whats going on, granted i havent had a good past few days and have had trouble logging on as much as i should. But so far my opinions on the game in general is that its very confusing, and it takes alot more effort than i anticipated to try to figure things out. I think there has been(as far as i can tell) little to no progression so far, as i still cant see any cement accusations. and at this point the best thing we could do is just... lynch someone and hope for the best i suppose(not me though thatd be silly ;D)
at this point i dont know who would be a good choice though, im thinking either RedWarrior or ,Nirur or dirtybirdy but im not sure at this ppint, ill see what everyone else has to say once more vbefore making a decision

Trying to lurk through the game, watching the town lynch each other, while you munch on popcorn and watch your buddy get the townies to kill each other one by one?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 29, 2009, 06:32:27 pm »

Jim Groovester, you were the second person to vote for Diakron - right after you said he didn't strike you as scum. What made you change your mind? At the time I didn't question it because I thought someone else saw what I saw, but it appears we both saw illusions.

The second person? I believe I was first to vote for Diakron yesterday.

I did change my mind about Diakron, but that's not unusual if somebody suddenly starts dropping scum tells like mad. He seemed like town, right up until he rejected a day extension, FoSed me because I was a replacement, claimed cop with one vote, and gave up defending himself.

He was acting scummy, by all accounts, and four of us agreed that he was.

RNG, this is about the third or fourth time you've asked me this question. Have I answered to your satisfaction yet?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 29, 2009, 07:00:06 pm »

The second person? I believe I was first to vote for Diakron yesterday.

I did change my mind about Diakron, but that's not unusual if somebody suddenly starts dropping scum tells like mad. He seemed like town, right up until he rejected a day extension, FoSed me because I was a replacement, claimed cop with one vote, and gave up defending himself.

He was acting scummy, by all accounts, and four of us agreed that he was.

RNG, this is about the third or fourth time you've asked me this question. Have I answered to your satisfaction yet?
I believe it was only the second. And yes, I suppose you have answered it to my satisfaction.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 29, 2009, 07:15:18 pm »

OK. I'm not very good at wall of text accusation toony tunnel type things. I wasn't getting anywhere.

I just picked the person that a comfirmed townie suspected and tried to wall of text them to find out there alignment. But I fail and I'm no closer to finding Jim's side. Unvote Jim Groovester.

theevilmonk as soon as you stop lurking I'll retract the vote. If you are overly busy you should ask for a replacement.
Meh.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 29, 2009, 07:52:33 pm »

Oh, giving up so soon? I guess trying to get the cop's top suspicion lynched didn't work out so well for you.

I'd FoS you for giving up pursuing your suspicions just because you weren't getting anywhere, but I'm already voting for you.

Anyways, Unvote Halmie. theevilmonk logged in as recently as an hour ago, yet hasn't posted. There's no excuse for lurking at lynch or lose.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 29, 2009, 08:30:17 pm »

Current Vote Count:
theevilmonk[3]: Nirur Torir, Halmie, Jim Groovester

Not Voting: theevilmonk, RandomNumberGenerator

Majority votes have been reached.  End of day may be called with 3 requests and no objections.

Deadline: Tuesday, 9pm EST
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 08:58:28 pm by dakarian »
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 29, 2009, 08:31:30 pm »

Hm, I believe that I saw NOTHING!

As-in, everyone is actually voting for theevilmonk and various other errors in the vote-count.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 29, 2009, 08:59:23 pm »

Of COURSE everyone is voting for theevilmonk.  You didn't see any errors.  Errors CANNOT exist.

CANNOT

EXIST!
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 30, 2009, 02:12:29 am »

Anyways, Unvote Halmie. theevilmonk logged in as recently as an hour ago, yet hasn't posted. There's no excuse for lurking at lynch or lose.

what theres no possible reason for this? My girlfriend was over and before i had the chance to type anything we went to.... i wont finish that. but anyways i am currently running on 3 and a half hours of sleep and work in 7 hours so imma make this quick. 

1 lynch me if you really want, this game was a failure for me anyways as i havent had enough time or ambition to be active here.

2. I still beleive that one of Jim and RNG are scum. but for some reason i dont think its both.

to explain my change of vote on the 24th, with time running out i ddint want diakron to get lynched, as i felt there was something not right there and that he was telling the truth. so i changed to the only other possible solution i could see,my second most suspected person who already had a vote, which actually had the potential to do something as opposed to my regular vote. Also sorry for all the spellling errors but theres something wrong with my forum here and as i type the scroll bar randomly skips up and down and so it makes it nigh impossible to go back and edit anything i typed. and in high school i never actually learned to type properly so i just sorta flail around tyhe keyboard and hope i hit the right keys. it works well most the time but makes alot of errors.

just bad gut instinct im sure but either way... where was i going with this..

But either way the Diakron lynch just seemed wrong to me which i why i didnt take part in it. i dont see how me not being part of a lynch on a towning makes me any more suspect.

for now however ineed to go tp sleep, i will be back to vote tommorow, i need more time to look at this

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 30, 2009, 01:03:37 pm »

Nah.

You and Halmie didn't vote for Diakron because you knew he wasn't scum. And only scum know who is and is not scum.

Vote stays.

i dont see how me not being part of a lynch on a towning makes me any more suspect.

Please excuse me while I laugh.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 30, 2009, 03:16:22 pm »

For your next game: it wasn't the not being part of a lynch that was suspicious. It was both your reaction, and you not giving a reason for suddenly changing your vote when he was clearly going to by lynched. Voting "No lynch" is also an option.

Where ya at, RNG? Trying to figure out the best way to bail your scumbuddy out of his predicament?

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 30, 2009, 03:41:58 pm »

I was waiting for Halmie to answer me, but it seems he's more preoccupied with theevilmonk, who apparently won't post anything till tomorrow. I'm not quite sure what theevilmonk is thinking, but that kind of behavior is unacceptable during lylo.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 30, 2009, 07:35:07 pm »

Unvote. Vote RNG. I don't buy it. I call you out on not posting, so you drop your suspicion, ignore an unanswered question you asked, and join the bandwagon against theevilmonk? Scummy, quite scummy.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 30, 2009, 07:56:11 pm »

Nirur Torir, I'd like to know where you stand. Can you list your thoughts about every player remaining in the game?
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 25