Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause  (Read 41049 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 2 - The first exorcism
« Reply #255 on: November 22, 2009, 12:44:26 pm »

Diakron, you are scum. If you were a cop, there would be little reason to claim it yet. Dakairon hasn't said what the chances of roles appearing are, but I assume that both mafia roles appearing are possible, and one appearing being likely. Assuming that you are the cop, and you are correct about the scumteam being RNG and Jim, I believe the chances of you being roleblocked tonight OR of RNG being godfather are close to 62.5%. Naturally you'd be NKed as well. That's a stupid risk to take with revealing yourself now as opposed to tomorrow, after you have clues.

Now, if you're scum, and the townies believe you, Jim gets lynched. The next day, during lylo, you claim your investigation revealed RNG as scum. He gets lynched. Game over, mafia wins. Good plan, except you got called out on your claim.

Prepost edit:
my defense is that you guys fail for a scum ploy and i am trying to provide everything that i can to show you that, but if you want to go with the joint attack of Jim and RNG against me then go ahead, i have better things to do then try to talk sense into people that won't listen.
Giving up a futile fight, scum?

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: November 22, 2009, 12:52:38 pm »

Current Vote Count:
Jim Groovester[1]: Diakron
dirtybirdy[1]: Jim Groovester
Diakron[2]: dirtybirdy, Nirur Torir

Deadline: Tuesday, 9pm EST.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 22, 2009, 12:52:55 pm »

nah i really have things to do that don;t revovle around a forums, just remember what i said when i die ok? you will have to get someone to be active enough to vote with you or scum has won already.
Back to Mafia with me!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: November 22, 2009, 12:59:21 pm »

Accidentally hit post before adding the math into an acronym tag.
Assuming that both roles appear equally, and there are equal chances of "no mafia roles" and "both mafia roles." I don't think it matters what the chances of "no mafia roles," "one mafia role," and "both mafia roles" are, so I'll use 50%/25%/25%.

50% chance of one mafia role gives us:
  25% chance of a godfather
*    12.5% chance of RNG being the godfather
* 25% chance of a roleblocker

25% chance of both mafia roles gives us:
   12.5% chance of RNG being a godfather (Unimportant, as there would be a roleblocker)
*  25% chance of there being a roleblocker

Adding up the stars gives us the chance of an investigation not showing RNG as scum, assuming they used their roleblock on Diakron. The chance of a successful investigation go up dramatically without taking the cop claim into account. I haven't taken a probability class, so somebody let me know if I'm wrong here.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 22, 2009, 03:47:15 pm »

Unvote dirtybirdy.

RandomNumberGenerator, if you think Diakron is scummy, why aren't you voting for him?

theevilmonk, are you lurking or do you just not care about this game?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 22, 2009, 05:01:15 pm »

RandomNumberGenerator, if you think Diakron is scummy, why aren't you voting for him?

Oh, woops. I didn't realize that I forgot to re-vote after the day carried over.

Vote Diakron.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 22, 2009, 07:13:41 pm »

I'm going to vote later, no time at the moment.

There isn't anything to say. Why would you claim cop Diakron, give us a (valid) reason and I won't vote for you.
Meh.

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 22, 2009, 07:47:06 pm »

i suppose i am sorta lurking right now. I see two sides emerging and am trying to determine if either side is worth trusting or if everyones just gone insane at the same time.

Diakron has definately been acting scummy but with his role claim, either he will die tonight and we know he was right, noone will die as he is protected or someone else will die increasing suspicion on him. because of this he has almost guarenteed his survival tonight, unless he is wrong about who he is suspecting. In which case he may die so we suspect them... but now even if he is right they might kill him anyway making us thing that who they were innocent and that he was wrong in the first place.. well thats not helpful at all.. where was i going with this? explain how this cop claim could ever benefit us

RNG/Jim im almost sure at least one of them is scum.
Jim: all these random votes seem to simply be you trying to avoid any suspicion on youwhich seems scummy to me. find someone who you think is actually scum rather than trying to prod people into posting, thats not your job here. it seems to me that you pushing a vote on diakron without actually trying to be involved

Nirur.. i dislike your math.. stupid numbers

Dirtybirdy: i had looked at one of your past games and you were much more active in scumhunting in the first day, alot more aggresive about it as wel and you flipped town. Is there a reason for why you were less aggressive in this game?

but for now im simply going to have to go withHalmie   and a question, is there a reason why you didnt vote on the first day? almost all of your responses to everything have been inconsequential sentences of small length and little meaning. are you trying to evade suspicion?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 22, 2009, 09:54:24 pm »

Unvote theevilmonk.

Jim: all these random votes seem to simply be you trying to avoid any suspicion on youwhich seems scummy to me. find someone who you think is actually scum rather than trying to prod people into posting, thats not your job here. it seems to me that you pushing a vote on diakron without actually trying to be involved

I'm not random voting, I'm using votes to force people into activity. Town inactivity like I see it here is a quick way to lose games. And it is my job to prod people into activity. If I can't ask people questions because they're not here, how can I tell if they're town or scum?

How can you state that I'm trying to not be involved in a Diakron lynch when I interrogated him, voted for him, and then called his cop claim bull crap? These votes I'm tossing around are prods; I fully believe that Diakron is scum, and my vote will return to him at the end of the day. But in the meantime, there's still time to scumhunt, so that's what I'm trying to do.

Diakron has definately been acting scummy but with his role claim, either he will die tonight and we know he was right, noone will die as he is protected or someone else will die increasing suspicion on him. because of this he has almost guarenteed his survival tonight, unless he is wrong about who he is suspecting. In which case he may die so we suspect them... but now even if he is right they might kill him anyway making us thing that who they were innocent and that he was wrong in the first place.. well thats not helpful at all.. where was i going with this? explain how this cop claim could ever benefit us

I see you fell into Diakron's WIFOM trap. Townies don't need to deliberately WIFOM other townies.

That's Diakron deliberately WIFOMing us. So he's scum.

I'm going to vote later, no time at the moment.

There isn't anything to say. Why would you claim cop Diakron, give us a (valid) reason and I won't vote for you.

That's a softball to Diakron. But you two are pretty chummy.

Yeah I thought of that but got caught up with WIFOM.

Diakrons answer(s) were good enough for me to suspect him less but not wipe him off my list.

All your other posts are of no content or help whatsoever. You and Diakron are partners, aren't you?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 22, 2009, 10:11:34 pm »

Remember not to get fixated on scumteams. You're looking or two individual scum who happen to know each other and be working together. Nothing less, nothing more.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 23, 2009, 02:47:54 am »

but for now im simply going to have to go withHalmie   and a question, is there a reason why you didnt vote on the first day? almost all of your responses to everything have been inconsequential sentences of small length and little meaning. are you trying to evade suspicion?

Errr... I did? I ended up voting for Rooster. (eh. Mistake.)

I just don't know what to say when everyone else has pointed out the same thing that I suspect. The only time I got in first on an argument was the first GG post that he messed up.

If you think me and Diakron are partners why didn't you vote for one of us?
I'm trying to be neutral but if I'm playing to soft you need to tell me. This is my first game and personally I'm not good at the whole accusational thing.

You and Nirur Torir seem to be agreeing with every single thing theevilmonk.

I was lazy with Rooster and that was stupid mistake to make. I myself admit to bandwaggoning. I was idiotic.

First I agree with Jim then I change my mind and agree with Diakron on something and suddenly I'm on Diakron's team. People who vote me are voting with the same reason that Rooster got lynched. (I think)

It might be good to do in a match of people who have played mafia before but in this scenario it is pointless and got us a townie lynched.

I'll post more later.
Meh.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 23, 2009, 11:32:38 am »

Another day calls for another post, but my opinions haven't changed. A few accusations and Diakron completely gave up. If he was indeed a cop -certain- of Jim being scum, I would expect him to have been trying to nail Jim up until his end, or at the very least put up some sort of defense. As it stands, it looks to me like all or most of the points made against him were true.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: November 23, 2009, 12:59:22 pm »

I've said Diakron was scum, so I'm placing my final vote on him like I said I would.

I'm trying to be neutral but if I'm playing to soft you need to tell me. This is my first game and personally I'm not good at the whole accusational thing.

This is exactly why I suspect you. You're not voting for anybody and you're throwing softballs at people you may possibly suspect of being scum. You're just sitting in your little corner and not doing anything other than saying you didn't jump on an argument fast enough or you don't know what's going on.

Passive. And you know what they say about passiveness.

You haven't even voted for anybody today.

Come on! Cast a vote against the person you think is most suspicious! Do it already, you passive scumbucket!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 23, 2009, 02:30:14 pm »

I've gone through Diakron's posts again, and I'm convinced he is scum. He still hasn't provided any reasoning for claiming cop. In fact, he hasn't provided any substantial arguments since claiming at all. I think that was his last, desperate measure, and now he's remaining quiet in hopes we forget about him and let him survive another round. Well, I won't let him - my vote remains.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dirtybirdy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 23, 2009, 08:38:28 pm »

I've gone through Diakron's posts again, and I'm convinced he is scum. He still hasn't provided any reasoning for claiming cop. In fact, he hasn't provided any substantial arguments since claiming at all. I think that was his last, desperate measure, and now he's remaining quiet in hopes we forget about him and let him survive another round. Well, I won't let him - my vote remains.

Likewise I've been looking through Diakron's posts again, but it seems to me Random you've got a vengful sound to your voice.  In other words, you seem almost too eager for a kill.  That seems scummy to me.
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 25