Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause  (Read 41046 times)

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 1 - House on Haunted Hill
« Reply #210 on: November 19, 2009, 06:56:44 pm »

I sorta agree with you there. I think he thought he would be less suspicous voting for GG than for Diakron, either that or they're the scum team.

But now I'm probably gonna get accused of bandwaggoning but that's not going to stop me. I'm voting Rooster. Rooster was never decicive enough when pressing someone. If you call that pressing.
Meh.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: November 19, 2009, 06:57:35 pm »

And I have half an hour to change my vote. So someone has to convince me by then.
Meh.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: November 19, 2009, 07:04:37 pm »

So when does the cop find out the results of his "investigation". Does he get a private message at the end of the day/end of the night, what?

Just to answer this:  Night roles (of which all of the roles in this game are) give their actions at the beginning of the night, and the results occur at the end of the same night.  Thus, the cop will recieve their investigation just before the day begins.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

dirtybirdy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: November 19, 2009, 07:24:46 pm »

Signed in blood, yet no reason given?
Why kill someone is nothing is proven?

Well, I'm back.  Just took a look through everything and things are starting to take shape in my mind.  I'm not exactly sure how to put it into words, but here I go...My feelings for Rooster are still the same.  I believe Rooster is definately scum.  It's more of a gut feeling.  The vibe that I get from their response just seems scummy. 

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: November 19, 2009, 07:32:17 pm »

Ah well. I have to go. The vibe I get (not just from that post) is that Rooster and Diakron are scum team.
Meh.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: November 19, 2009, 08:06:10 pm »

Halmie please don't accuse me of being scum for no reason, it just pisses me off...

Unovte. After Jim's post i no longer feel that GG is the one i should be going after RNG why are you constantly changing your vote to someone with a vote already on them?
Back to Mafia with me!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 19, 2009, 09:04:24 pm »

Current Vote Count:
GlyphGryph[1]: Rooster
Rooster[3]: Nirur Torir, Dirtybirdy, Jim Groovester
Diakron[2]: GlyphGryph, RandomNumberGenerator
RandomNumberGenerator[1]: Diakron

Not Voting: theevilmonk, Halmie

Deadline: Thursday, 9pm EST

1 Extension heard.   0 objections.  1 hour extension given.

Day will end in one hour.
I KNEW IT!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: November 19, 2009, 09:51:06 pm »

Just got out of class, and I see a lot has happened in my absence. At this point, I would like to ask for another extension. I don't want to have a lynch in the middle of getting this worked out.

I'll follow up with another post in a bit once I have time to read over and analyze everything.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: November 19, 2009, 10:02:44 pm »

Just realized I forgot to bold my extension request.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: November 19, 2009, 10:08:34 pm »

Okay...

RandomNumberGenerator is the person I most believe to be scum at this point. Never the first to vote for somebody, always voting somebody only after somebody else has, never providing reasoning. He voted for Diakron after GryphGlyph delivered his wall of text against him. Previously, RNG voted for theevilmonk after Rooster questioned him. There are other things that made me suspicious before that, however.

As GG mentioned, I have voted for others first. For a short while, Dirty did seem scummy to me, but now he doesn't seem scummy at all. I'm rather convinced that he is town, and unless something happens to change that I think my opinion will remain. I do still suspect theevilmonk however, though not nearly as much as Dikaron.

RandomNumberGenerator, are you pushing for a Diakron lynch because you're scum and you think his tunnelvision on GryphGlyph would look suspicious enough to make him a target for an easy lynch?

I don't think that Diakron is an easy lynch at all. If he was an easy lynch, he would have been voted off by now. Rather, he has a lot of experience with this game and decided early on to push for Glyph's lynch once Glyph drew all that suspicion earlier(for a long time I suspected Glyph as well, but that has diminished by this point). I think Diakron doesn't want to chance targets because voting second or third will make other players more likely to think he is scum, so he is trying to shift suspicion off himself and onto Glyph.

However, you seem certain that Diakron isn't scum, yet haven't given any reasoning as to why you think so. What is it about him that makes you not suspect him? You seem to be more experienced than the rest of us, and if I'm missing a big reason why Diakron isn't scum I want to know why. Diakron and Rooster were attacking Glyph earlier when Glyph was a popular target. After they locked on, neither of them deviated and attacked anybody else. Once Rooster came into danger of being voted off however, Diakron suddenly separated from him and went for me. This only furthers my suspicions that Diakron is scum, as he hasn't pressed GG in a while despite being determined that GG was scum earlier.

This is the first Mafia game I have ever played. If I'm doing something wrong, let me know. You say that I am only voting for people who only have votes; for the most part this is true. The reason I was voting for them is because I thought they had several scumtells, and apparently others did too, otherwise they wouldn't have had any votes in the first place. Right now Diakron seems the scummiest to me, which is why I'm voting for him. It has nothing to do with the fact that he had votes on him before.

Unovte. After Jim's post i no longer feel that GG is the one i should be going after RNG why are you constantly changing your vote to someone with a vote already on them?
How am I constantly changing my vote? I haven't changed my vote in a long time, because I know you're scum.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: November 19, 2009, 10:15:42 pm »

I am AGAINST a day extension

We will have better info tomorrow from who they kill, if they kill me then, o well, i am dead, but everyone else will have better knowledge.

RandomNumberGenerator, are you pushing for a Diakron lynch because you're scum and you think his tunnelvision on GryphGlyph would look suspicious enough to make him a target for an easy lynch?

I don't think that Diakron is an easy lynch at all. If he was an easy lynch, he would have been voted off by now. Rather, he has a lot of experience with this game and decided early on to push for Glyph's lynch once Glyph drew all that suspicion earlier(for a long time I suspected Glyph as well, but that has diminished by this point). I think Diakron doesn't want to chance targets because voting second or third will make other players more likely to think he is scum, so he is trying to shift suspicion off himself and onto Glyph.

However, you seem certain that Diakron isn't scum, yet haven't given any reasoning as to why you think so. What is it about him that makes you not suspect him? You seem to be more experienced than the rest of us, and if I'm missing a big reason why Diakron isn't scum I want to know why. Diakron and Rooster were attacking Glyph earlier when Glyph was a popular target. After they locked on, neither of them deviated and attacked anybody else. Once Rooster came into danger of being voted off however, Diakron suddenly separated from him and went for me. This only furthers my suspicions that Diakron is scum, as he hasn't pressed GG in a while despite being determined that GG was scum earlier.

RNG you are a little behind, I too think that GG is not the threat here, he has been under my eye for a while and either he's town or WA is feeding him lines...

Also i will change my vote every time i think it needs to be changed, that is not really a scum tell so long as you have reasoning.

I have gone back to asking question as you can see, but you answer my question with a question. and it wasn't the fact you changed your vote but the fact that you change it to someone with votes on them already that piqued my interest...
Back to Mafia with me!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: November 19, 2009, 10:31:22 pm »

2 requests to extend.  1 objection.  The extension is overruled.

As rooster continues to debate, a circled star appears underneath him.  Turning his head, he realizes that several of the others have surrounded him, chanting with their arms over their head.

Rooster tries to speak, but finds himself immobilized.  The chanting grows in volume, and with it, the glow from the circled star.  Suddenly, the chanting stops.  The figure on the floor winks out with the silence. Rooster stands immobilized, then suddenly falls to the floor lifeless. 

After a moment, a white smoke floats above him, then winks out.

The others understand its meaning: the white smoke was an allied spirit after being forced out of his host.  The medium was already possessed. 

This was not one of the Living that they were after.

Rooster, Townie, has been lynched.

Night Roles, send me your choices.
I KNEW IT!

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 2 - The first Exorcism
« Reply #222 on: November 20, 2009, 08:50:22 pm »

As the spirits and their hosts return to the main hall, they are shocked to discover GlyphGryph's host on the floor.  Beside it, a used soulstone.

It seems the mediums have made their first move.

GlyphGrpyph, Townie, has been killed in the night.

It is now day.

Deadline: Tuesday, 9pm EST

Survivors:
Nirur Torir
RandomNumberGenerator
Halmie
Diakron
Dirtybirdy
Jim Groovester
theevilmonk
I KNEW IT!

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 2 - The first exorcism
« Reply #223 on: November 20, 2009, 10:30:29 pm »

Well, GryphGlyph getting killed isn't entirely unexpected. He did basically claim cop by asking how the cop role functioned.

Let's get started.

Diakron, you rejected the request for a day extension. Why? Did you want to end the discussion early so that a Rooster lynch could go through before he had a chance to defend himself? And why do you assume we'll get more information from the night kill, and why did you use that as an excuse to reject the day extension? You should know that night kills typically provide very little information, and are more useful as a tool of WIFOM for the mafia than they are an indication of who the mafia is for the town.

RandomNumberGenerator, before I voted for you, all your posts were fairly short. After, you post a long-winded defense of yourself. You're not worried about anything, are you? Like you were suddenly found out as scum and felt that you needed to defend yourself with large amounts of text, did you?

theevilmonk, you didn't vote. Is that because you're scum and you don't want to be anywhere near a town lynch? Are you planning on lurking your way through this game to success?

That should get today started decently enough. I'll probably have some more questions for others later.

I haven't forgotten your questions from yesterday, RNG. I'll answer them here.

This is the first Mafia game I have ever played. If I'm doing something wrong, let me know. You say that I am only voting for people who only have votes; for the most part this is true. The reason I was voting for them is because I thought they had several scumtells, and apparently others did too, otherwise they wouldn't have had any votes in the first place. Right now Diakron seems the scummiest to me, which is why I'm voting for him. It has nothing to do with the fact that he had votes on him before.

I never said I was certain Diakron was town. GlyphGryph and Diakron fighting seemed to fit the pattern of two townies going after each other, and from my previous experiences and observations of Diakron, he seemed like he was acting in a town-like manner. I'm not sure, though, he's hard to read and I'm not the best at reading people in these games.

Now, however, I am suspicious of Diakron for the way he jumped off of GlyphGryph and instead voted for you just because I posted some reasons and a vote against you.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Halmie

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb!
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 2 - The first exorcism
« Reply #224 on: November 20, 2009, 11:02:36 pm »

I sorta agree with you there. Diakron has been very agressive when defending himself. He almost voted for Rooster but defiantly inderectly, by opposing the day lengthening. He wanted Rooster dead but didn't vote for him.
Meh.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 25