Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25

Author Topic: Beginner's Mafia 5: End - Birth of a New Cause  (Read 41051 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
Re: Beginner's Mafia 5: Day 1 - The House on Haunted Hill
« Reply #105 on: November 17, 2009, 10:28:07 am »

RNG, you want to be cop, who would you investigate?
I already answered this earlier in the thread; you guys need to pay more attention.

I would investigate GlyphGryph because he has been acting rather strangely. While a few other suspects have arisen, he is by far the most enigmatic. I think his behavior is caused by something, and it would be best keeping him alive until we find out what that something is.

RandomNumberGenerator[1]: RedWarrior0
GlyphGryph[2]: Halmie, Diakron
RedWarrior0[1]: Dirtybirdy
Halmie[1]: Nirur Torir
Nirur Torir[1]: theevilmonk
Diakron[1]: GlyphGryph
theevilmonk[1]: Rooster

Not voting: RandomNumberGenerator

Deadline: Wednesday, 11am EST

I thought I put my vote in for Dirtybirdy earlier.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 17, 2009, 10:33:38 am »

Missed it the first time.  Fixed.

Note: always check to make sure the vote count is accurate, especially when there's a lot of dialogue.

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 17, 2009, 11:21:18 am »

Diakron, this is my first game, honestly, aside from one very much not serious and certainly lacking in any strategy Real Life mafia game I didnt even participate in (I narrated, was trying it out at a party). Thats the full extent of my experience, but I plan on playing more after this so my main goal is to learn as much as possible this game. If that means I send out tells for asking newbish questions, so be it. I see most of my game questions as reasonable questions for a new player to ask, though, rather than being scummy.

Quote from: Diakron link=topic=44280.msg872513#msg872513
i am not lurking, i am an extremely busy Adult, please ask anyone, THIS is me being very active.
[/quote

I didn't mean to imply you were lurking, just that you seemed dead set against a reasonable concern that lurking is a tell. It sounded sort of like something a scum would say if they haven't yet heard from a partner, and the partner hasn't posted in the thread.

Quote from: Diakron link=topic=44280.msg872513#msg872513
WIFOM, yes this was stated before, but i want to draw attention to the fact that a person saying he NEVER played before was able to come up with WIFOM worded like this.
What was it about the wording that was so odd? This is actually an honest question. I understand at this point that I shouldn't have posted a wifom, but you seem to be stating there was something particularly bad about this one, and I'd like to know what it was if possible.

Finally, Pandarsenic,
What does blue FoS thing term mean?

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 17, 2009, 12:26:27 pm »

1. Please be careful with your quote tags (do not go back and edit the post, though).  The "preview" button is strangely helpful.

2. I'm going to answer that instead of Pandarsenic, since I'm currently online and he isn't.

"FoS" means "finger of suspicion."  It's a systematized way to say "You're suspicious, but not enough to vote for right now."  Some people dislike it; around here, it tends to show up in blue on the player's name, and may not be accompanied with the word "FoS" itself.

"HoS" (Hand of Suspicion) is a stronger variant, but is very infrequently used.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 17, 2009, 01:07:49 pm »

Yeah, noticed it right after posting, but obviously no edits allowed. Was going to comment on it, but figured people would figure it out rather than needing me to double post. I'm going to have to get use to actually using the preview button rather than constantly editing my posts like I usually do.

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 17, 2009, 02:47:42 pm »

Quote from: Nirur Torir
[Diakron,] of the people currently playing, who would you most like as a scum buddy, and why?
Fixed.

i was asked this by someone earlier and answered RNG, please go read that if you want the full thing for now...

I am not going to guve up my case on the words of someone i think is a LaL case, the fact taht you instaantly OMGUS'd me afterwards stating that i have a Pro-lurking attitude is erroneous. I said that some people lurk the first day, it is how some people play and it is NOT the way to pick your kills.

WE ARE HERE TO KILL THE SCUM NOT HAVE A GOOD CHAT WITH EACH OTHER!!! that being said, if they lurk they are replaced so no harm no foul and we don't waste a lynch.

I can't place a finger on where but i get the feeling that i have a scum and his buddy is trying to push the vote on me, i reread everything but i don't know where exactly i get this feeling... but it is a good scum tactic don't get me wrong, however me and panda perfected it (beginners mafia 2 or 3)  so i know when its happening...
Back to Mafia with me!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 17, 2009, 02:55:50 pm »

Diakron has a good point. There are three kinds of scum plays:

1) Standard scum; encourages Townies to lynch each other, likes to cause the transition from "vote" to "bandwagon."
2) Bold scum; leads the townies against each other. This is a favorite of me, ToonyMan, Webadict, Chaoticjosh, and Alexhans, among others. It requires skill but it's a valuable tactic.
3) Way the hell off to the side scum; this is an incredibly difficult thing to do but very good scum will do things totally unrelated to lynching the current subject of town suspicion; this can easily turn into form 2, if the town starts following them instead.

The one you want to watch for most closely is form 1, MAYBE form 2 if the townies are leading a lynch vs. scum.

Also, watch for people very hesitant to get on a wagon against someone who ends up scum; they may be resisting bussing their partner so early.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 17, 2009, 03:39:27 pm »

Oi, can't believe I wasted a question. Irritating computer, distracting me by trying its level best to convince me that it is truly and completely dead. Interesting response to the question though.

Unvote. Vote Rooster. Probably my last random vote; you look like you need a question. If you had to choose one or the other, would you rather be a doctor or a cop? Why?

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 17, 2009, 05:09:33 pm »

Doctor. Why? Because I'll laugh my ass off if I get NK'ed, and say " Snap I knew it! No hard feelings"

Get this:
The way NK are done determines how scum plays and is a point toward finding scum.
Everything is dependant on how we react. We just have to remember to watch out for "leaders"
But now you have a base to lynch me for what I said, but hey it happens!

If I get killed based on joking:
lynch: I get accused, so normal scumhunting led to my dead
NK: Rolehunting?

If I don't die soon:
Emotional players make the best pawns, ergo the scum is creating chaos as usual
The mafia is creating WIFOM, but that can matter only if I die early, or really later on

And for a while I wanted to say cop, because everyone was picking it, but I'm a major non-conformist

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 17, 2009, 05:14:35 pm »

I can't place a finger on where but i get the feeling that i have a scum and his buddy is trying to push the vote on me, i reread everything but i don't know where exactly i get this feeling... but it is a good scum tactic don't get me wrong, however me and panda perfected it (beginners mafia 2 or 3)  so i know when its happening...
Oh? So you perfected the technique earlier... and think it's happening now? Yet the only person I see pushing a lynch is you on Glyph.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 17, 2009, 05:18:45 pm »

Questions for those I haven't heard from enough to get a feel for, but I'm keeping my vote where it is for the moment.

TheEvilMonk:
Assume, for a moment, you were the doctor. Which person would you choose to protect?

Redwarrior:
If you were scum, would you rather be the roleblocker or the godfather, and why?

theevilmonk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 17, 2009, 05:22:36 pm »

I would probably pick either Rooster or Diakron as they seem to know what there doing..somewhat, at least more than me so if they were town id want to keep them alive

Diakron

• Bay Watcher
  • Death Before Dishonor
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 17, 2009, 05:27:45 pm »

Unvote. Vote Diakron. FoS GG. Perhaps he is acting scummy. Perhaps he really is a newb. Diakron, you seem awfully intent on gunning him down, perhaps you're scum looking for an easy lynch and an early end to RVS?

This is almost word for word one of the tactics me and Panda used, vote some one who's pushing a lynch, FoS the guy he voted. then deliver a line accusing an aggressive town (aggressiveness is a Towntell) of being scum. then get people to bandwagon on him and he gets lynched. Next day Start on the guy you FoS saying that if the dead guy was clean then the FoS'd guy 'MUST' be scum. wait for the smallest slip up and change to to someone else. again keep on the other guy but lynch this third person. rinse and repeat until scum wins. it is to easy if people fall for it D1.
Back to Mafia with me!

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 17, 2009, 05:44:42 pm »

TheEvilMonk: You still haven't aswered my question, so please do.
Is GG suspicious to you, or you'll let him go?

for some reason I feel like a WIFOM victim because I'm not voting GG just because I don't think he's scum while he said in a weird fasion that he's town ( GG does a bad post, get's hammered down for it)

@Diakron: If you're so good with tactics then maybe try to predict what tactics are going to be applied this game. Both Town and Scum, because town did too poorly last game for what they were capable of.

RedWarrior0

• Bay Watcher
  • she/her
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2009, 05:48:48 pm »

Redwarrior:
If you were scum, would you rather be the roleblocker or the godfather, and why?
If I were scum, Godfather would be my choice. It helps for the scum goal. It puts the cop readings into uncertainty, for one thing. It basically helps spread WIFOM.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 25