Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 294345 times)

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - 9 Alive, I have no patience to wait longer
« Reply #1980 on: January 02, 2010, 11:43:38 pm »

Have we lost our old roles then? At least while Sparticus? Interesting...

Dikaron, is what ToonyMan says true? Because that blatant act of self-preservation without even any pretense of an argument... It looks really scummy. Especially since you put a vote against Toony on a hunch without any additional evidence to back it up.

If we lynched you today, and failed, and mafia killed tonight succesfully despite all the sparticuses, then we WOULD be at LYLO (I think, I tend to calculate it wrong though), and everybody would probably try to lynch you again. If you're town, it would just plain lose us the game - it only makes sense if you're scum. So I'm really beginning to think you're scum at this point.

I'm giving you a chance to defend yourself before I vote though.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
Re: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - 9 Alive, I have no patience to wait longer
« Reply #1981 on: January 02, 2010, 11:46:45 pm »

Wait.

Have we lost our old roles then? At least while Sparticus? Interesting...

You make it sound like you didn't lose your role.  Why is it that mostly everybody else said they did.  Do the mafia not lose their role or something?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1982 on: January 02, 2010, 11:47:59 pm »

The scum are...

Cheeetar
Diakron
GlyphGryph

Those are the last three scum.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: January 02, 2010, 11:58:29 pm »

o_O

I got a message that said I am now Sparticus as my role. Reading it, I could see that meaning I lost my old role, which is why I asked - but I didn't see anything that said I lost access to previous abilities. Or anything that said we can't have more than one role. I just figured it was tacked on.

Did yours say you can't use previous abilities, then? Because if there's deviation, we should figure it out.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: January 03, 2010, 12:01:43 am »

Pandarsenic worded it horribly.

It appears we have gained abilities to investigate and protect one person each night, even though I'm sure this effect will go away when the day ends.  Being a day effect and all.

It also says we keep our NIGHT-ACTIONS, but doesn't say DAY-ACTIONS.  So Diakron can still be lynched thankfully.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: January 03, 2010, 12:04:49 am »

Although I'm sure Pandarsenic didn't mean it like that.
This means that Diakron can't be lynched.

Let me think of a plan.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1986 on: January 03, 2010, 12:06:18 am »

That confirms what I've got, but I'm still not convinced we've lost our previous day actions and if he's really unlynchable then I'm not sure we can waste a lynch, so... that puts an interesting spin on what you've said. Do you want a hammer dropped against someone who's unlynchable? FOS ToonyMan, still

Pandarsenic, can you confirm whether are not our old roles are still in play, and to what extent?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: January 03, 2010, 12:09:20 am »

Unvote.
Vote ToonyMan.

As you all know now.  I am the RTD Player.  Thanks for Glifglaf, who made me read Pandarsenic's note again.  I still am the RTD Player, which means we can lynch me.  I am very helpful dead.  Unfortunately, we can't lynch Diakron.  So we are going to gamble.

1 - You die and flip a fake Mafia role, becoming a Death Miller.
2 - You die.
3 - You investigate someone at random involved in your death (if lynched) or the person who killed you (if NKed). But you still die.
4 - You avoid death.
5 - You avoid your death and investigate whomever killed you or hammered you, being told their name and role.
6 - You avoid your death and become a Doomspeaker, ending the game with everyone else dying in 3 nights.
You win when all scum are dead unless you become a Doomspeaker.

I would like if you don't mind for Diakron to hammer me.  If he would be so kind.  That way we get the most out of it.  If you don't like what you see, lynch me.  Hehehe.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: January 03, 2010, 12:09:51 am »

Toony, I'm willing to stop believing you're scum, but you need to stop tunneling on me. I don't think that Diakron lost his original role by becoming spartacus, but that's a question we can ask the mod about.

Pandarsenic: In the event that a rule was activated that made people spartacus, would the spartacus's lose their original abilities?

Also: I have investigate and protect as my abilities, maybe we can set up a chain of protections?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: January 03, 2010, 12:12:12 am »

I am not tunneling.  Don't be so stupid.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1990 on: January 03, 2010, 12:13:38 am »

Also, that's a horrible plan. 1/2 chance you die and your death is useless to town (we already know you're the RTD Player), 1/2 chance you avoid death but with a 1/3 chance you become anti-town. Only a 1/6 chance of you being lynched actually being useful to town, and you'll still be 1/2 chance night-killed by scum to prevent you revealing the results of your investigation.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: January 03, 2010, 12:14:51 am »

If it's so bad lynch me.

Oh wait, I forgot you've only been attacking me the whole game tunnel head.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: January 03, 2010, 12:18:23 am »

Toony, I don't believe you're scum. Scum wouldn't try this sort of gambit, especially when they could just exploit the fact that nobody was talking. I was wrong. You just made some mistakes. Please, step back and consider why you think I'm scum. Just because I've been pressuring you heavily, it does not mean I'm scum.

Also: I chose Dave Strider for CYORM Webadict last time.
I've played some mafia.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: January 03, 2010, 12:21:27 am »

I'm really stressed out right now to be honest.
I'm also a little worried that always chatty Dakarian isn't being so chatty.  Like he knows Diakron will block his lynch and is just voting him because I said so.

There also has been three Dave Striders so far and I've been him twice.

New scum:

Diakron
Dakarian
???

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: January 03, 2010, 12:23:13 am »

Actually that's bothering me a lot.  Unvote.

Vote Dakarian, why aren't you engaging in any conversation today besides bandwagonning?
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 151