Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 294657 times)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Unvote Mephansteras.
Vote CobaltKobold.
'Oh my god you're changing your vote really quickly without reasoning'
I already believed he was scum. I voted Meph to get a confirmed townie. Now that Dakarian has noticed something that is pretty substantial evidence Cobalt was scum, there is the near certainty that he WILL get lynched, so I will vote for her. Yes, I unvoted when I saw she could not be lynched. I might as well put my vote to use.
wow, bevy of scumtells here.
(0. You're not voting without reasoning, you're)
1. Voting on someone else's argument. Scummy.
2. Vote-Jumping in response to someone else. Scummy.

Furthermore, see above post.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Cobalt...

The reason you aren't voting for Meph is because...

But, I think I want to lynch scum, rather than lynching town to find town. Therefore, vote stays on you.

Which suggests you don't want to lynch Meph-Town.
Taken out of context, this is laughably absurd as scum-attack. "You're scum 'cause you don't want to lynch town over scum."

Taken out of context, yes.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

That was not the "much better argument" I was talking about, though.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Hey Cobalt, let's go through a range of possible things here.

Let's say you think Meph and Dak are scum. Why not vote meph, as he was at L-1 and would be easier to lynch?
Let's say you think Meph and Dak are town. Why not vote meph, to confirm Dakarian?
Let's say you think Meph is scum and Dak is town. Why not vote meph, to kill scum?
Let's say you think Meph is town and Dak is scum. How is that even possible?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

Hey Cobalt, let's go through a range of possible things here.

Let's say you think Meph and Dak are scum. Why not vote meph, as he was at L-1 and would be easier to lynch?
Let's say you think Meph and Dak are town. Why not vote meph, to confirm Dakarian?
Let's say you think Meph is scum and Dak is town. Why not vote meph, to kill scum?
As much as I think Cheeetar's scummy, these points are all valid.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Quote from: CobaltKobold
Unvote-Meph

Vote CobaltKobold
that was supposed to be in quote in my post (dakarian said it)-.
As insurance:
unvote cobaltkobold
vote dakarian

This is more or less the case. And it is answered in the above post I asked you to read.
(snip)
Very well, though just in case something goes wrong in the night, I'll want time to make an overall writeup.
HAMMERING MEPHANSTERAS WOULD PREVENT DAKARIAN FROM LEGALLY GIVING HIS WRITEUP. That's the biggest reason I am not-I'm not voting for Mephansteras (in this situation) until Dakarian posts whatever he has planned.
Quote from: Cheeetar
Because I'd rather kill scum.
Let's say you think Meph is scum and Dak is town. Why not vote meph, to kill scum?[/quote]No reason, but I don't think that's the case. I have a load more evidence on Dakarian, for one.
Said already:an antimiller type ability (which means in this case would be if dakarian's kill came up "town" to inspects, when he was not)
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Wait, so NOW the reason you didn't vote was because you're waiting for my write up? 

I thought you weren't voting because you'd rather me lynched instead of Meph, not that you were just waiting before you hammered.  If you aren't planning on voting for him at all, how can 'I'm waiting' be your biggest reason?

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hammering Mephansteras would be scummier than the alternatives, since it would stifle discussion. People (dakarian, cheeetar) are voting me for picking a less scummy alternative.

Wait, so NOW the reason you didn't vote was because you're waiting for my write up? 
An unsupported allegation that I'm changing a reason I'm not voting for mephansteras...

Quote from: dakarian
I thought you weren't voting because you'd rather me lynched instead of Meph, not that you were just waiting before you hammered.  If you aren't planning on voting for him at all, how can 'I'm waiting' be your biggest reason?

It's the biggest prudential reason. Spoilered were the reasons I'm not voting for him aside from that. Some of them repeated below. Foremost being that...you're scum, and I'm voting you to kill scum.

@Everyone
Some more hypocrisy from dakarian.
    However when I ask if you think Meph is scum you say this:

Quote from:  CobaltKobold

@Dakarian: Scum, as I think you are scum. I'm taking his forensics with a grain of salt as they couldn't answer Leafsnail and (anti)millers/godfathers are always possible. (And, well, plain ol' scum lying.) The throwing self on lynch block is rather suspect too.

So if he's scum why are you NOT voting for him in order to KILL A SCUM?   
Because I think dakarian's scum and I'm voting for him to KILL A SCUM! Below, he says that town don't give up one scum for another.
Even the most foolish of townies would lynch ALL scum they find and wouldn't give up one scum for another.
I have found Dakarian. I am not giving him up for Mephansteras. That would be scummy. That is what he is urging me to do.

So, he is urging me to be scummy, and voting me because I'm not obeying him. Furthermore, like I said, I only believe that Meph will be scum if Dakarian is scum. And I shouldn't base decisions on such relations until people flip, by his own words, in this thread (I can locate them if you so desire.)
Again, he is urging me to be scummy by following this wrong derivation.

I can't be the only one seeing this.

If you have a problem with my arguments, press me and question me on them.
If you do not, but still have questions, point them at dakarian, and they might be answered.
If you do not have a problem with my arguments, nor unsettled questions on the issue, then vote dakarian.
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

You seem to be constantly changing your mind, Cobalt. Earlier, you said you believed that both Meph and Dak were scum.
@Dakarian: Scum, as I think you are scum. I'm taking his forensics with a grain of salt as they couldn't answer Leafsnail and (anti)millers/godfathers are always possible. (And, well, plain ol' scum lying.) The throwing self on lynch block is rather suspect too.
As said there.
I've played some mafia.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

And if you believe Dakarian is scum, why are you so intent on seeing his writeup that you don't lynch another who you believe is scum?
I've played some mafia.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Only scum stifle discussion.

"@Dakarian: Scum, as I think you are scum." = "I think that, if dakarian is scum, then meph is scum".
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

And seeing as you are voting Dakarian, you obviously think Meph is scum. So, you believe both are scum.
I've played some mafia.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Obviously.

But, if Dakarian is NOT scum, then I have very little argument against mephansteras right now.

So, I must go for Dakarian first, because I think he is scum, and my argument on him is primarily on his behavior.

You kill the scum before you follow the causal links from them to other scum, or you're shooting your argument in the foot, because who you think is scum may not be.
Tilesets

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

So if I'm town you're going to deem Meph as town... on what grounds?

In fact, what DO YOU have to mark Meph as scum, considering you brought up that an Anti-miller would cause Meph to misread me?

Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have never said that you town implies him town. Read my posts. This is the second time IN A ROW that you have claimed that I said that when I said the opposite.
Failed logic.
Failed reading.

If I'm town it tells NOTHING of Mephs alignment since he can be honest town or scum with a fakeclaim (very easy to fake who kills who when you already know who is and is not scum).
if you're scum, he's scum(town would not lie to protect you), and if he's not scum, you're not scum.
But if he's scum, it means nothing on your alignment...but I'd be fine with that case because hey, lynched scum.
Similarly, if you're town, it means nothing on his alignment.

We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, is what I'm saying, contrary to your urging me to vote him.

If you flip scum nontown and antimiller, then Meph's investigation is null- there's only a little else I have on meph (he was one of the ones I scanned)- and I'd be going after someone else.

If you flip scum nontown and not antimiller, then Meph's claim that you're town indicates that he is a liar, and therefore he is scum, so we lynch him.

if you flip town and antimiller impossible case

if you flip town (least likely in my eyes) then his investigation is also null, simply because forensics is like weak cop and scum usually get all the information they need to claim either. so, the hunt goes on.

ppe: realized third party dakflips do nothing to argument, slotted them in
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 151