Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 151

Author Topic: uPick Mafia: Panda Edition Day6 - Mafia wins. Cheeetar calls Shenanigans.  (Read 294638 times)

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Btw, Cobalt, another question.

Do you believe Meph to be town or scum?
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

So then why are you lynching him if you know he's town?
To confirm Dakarian, so what he has said so far can be trusted as genuine scum hunting and for the possibility that he will survive the night and we can roleclaim to him.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile

So then why are you lynching him if you know he's town?
To confirm Dakarian, so what he has said so far can be trusted as genuine scum hunting and for the possibility that he will survive the night and we can roleclaim to him.
One, no PMs. Two, there's easier way and that's a big waste of a mislynch. Three, we could do the same to you.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

1. D:, but we can still trust his scumhunting.
2. What easier way? If you have one, please say it.
3. But why would you?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

@Dakarian: Scum, as I think you are scum. I'm taking his forensics with a grain of salt as they couldn't answer Leafsnail and (anti)millers/godfathers are always possible. (And, well, plain ol' scum lying.) The throwing self on lynch block is rather suspect too.

@Cheeetar: Bit of a hole in your scheme there.
PPE:Ninja'd by webby.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

If you were town, and you could confirm a townie at the cost of your own life, you would. A confirmed townie is a huge boon to the town.
I've played some mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

If you were town, and you could confirm a townie at the cost of your own life, you would. A confirmed townie is a huge boon to the town.
Yeah, that happens when they die. Why don't we use the ones from yesterday or the day before, huh?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

...? I don't get quite what you are trying to say.
I've played some mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Basically that lynching them is stupid and a bad way to end the day, especially since it's likely to end in dakarian's death.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Why is it stupid. If we confirm Dakarian, he will probably be protected during the night and we will be able to trust all the scumhunting he has done.
I've played some mafia.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Why is it stupid. If we confirm Dakarian, he will probably be protected during the night and we will be able to trust all the scumhunting he has done.
Uh huh. This just makes the WIFOM easier.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

I've played some mafia.

dakarian

• Bay Watcher
  • OMGITSACAT
    • View Profile

Cobalt...

The reason you aren't voting for Meph is because...

But, I think I want to lynch scum, rather than lynching town to find town. Therefore, vote stays on you.

Which suggests you don't want to lynch Meph-Town.  The quote also shows you believe that I might have a role that messes with his inspection (I believe you're after 'godfather' as the "looks town but isn't" role).

However when I ask if you think Meph is scum you say this:

@Dakarian: Scum, as I think you are scum. I'm taking his forensics with a grain of salt as they couldn't answer Leafsnail and (anti)millers/godfathers are always possible. (And, well, plain ol' scum lying.) The throwing self on lynch block is rather suspect too.

So if he's scum why are you NOT voting for him in order to KILL A SCUM?   

In fact, why would you even bring up the issue of millers and antimillers and godfathers if he's scum since HE WOULD JUST LIE ABOUT THE CLAIM ANYWAY.

Millers/antimillers/godfather only come into play if the investigator is Town.

So you believe Meph is scum but you do NOT want to vote for him because I might be an anti-miller? 

No.. that makes no sense.  Townies want scum lynched.  If they know of two scum they'll want both lynched and what does it matter which goes first?

No, what makes more sense is if you don't want Meph to die, but you want me to die.  Why?  Depends:

If Meph is scum then, of course, you want him to live and to have my roleflip 'confirm' him.

If Meph is town then, of course, you want him to live because that would provide a strong defense towards me who you want killed no matter what.

Even the most foolish of townies would lynch ALL scum they find and wouldn't give up one scum for another.  I know you are far from foolish as town.  As scum, though, you just showed your true intentions.

Unvote-Meph

Vote CobaltKobold

Cobalt, thank you for the final piece I needed.  Die today or you die tomorrow.  But you WILL die.
Quote from: Dakarian
What was I doing with Mr.Person through most of Day 3, lovemaking!?
I KNEW IT!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile

Unvote Mephansteras.
Vote CobaltKobold.
'Oh my god you're changing your vote really quickly without reasoning'
I already believed he was scum. I voted Meph to get a confirmed townie. Now that Dakarian has noticed something that is pretty substantial evidence Cobalt was scum, there is the near certainty that he WILL get lynched, so I will vote for him. Yes, I unvoted when I saw he could not be lynched. I might as well put my vote to use.
I've played some mafia.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile

Cobalt...

The reason you aren't voting for Meph is because...

But, I think I want to lynch scum, rather than lynching town to find town. Therefore, vote stays on you.

Which suggests you don't want to lynch Meph-Town.
Taken out of context, this is laughably absurd as scum-attack. "You're scum 'cause you don't want to lynch town over scum."
The quote also shows you believe that I might have a role that messes with his inspection (I believe you're after 'godfather' as the "looks town but isn't" role).
it's BYOR. Role abilities are going to show up in interesting combinations, most likely. Antimiller is the specific ability that shows up town. Godfather is a kill-immune antimiller mafioso, usually.

However when I ask if you think Meph is scum you say this:

So if he's scum why are you NOT voting for him in order to KILL A SCUM?   
Why, I have a very good reason! Wait for it...

In fact, why would you even bring up the issue of millers and antimillers and godfathers if he's scum since HE WOULD JUST LIE ABOUT THE CLAIM ANYWAY.

Millers/antimillers/godfather only come into play if the investigator is Town.

So you believe Meph is scum but you do NOT want to vote for him because I might be an anti-miller? 

Quote from: dakarian
No.. that makes no sense.  Townies want scum lynched.  If they know of two scum they'll want both lynched and what does it matter which goes first?

No, what makes more sense is if you don't want Meph to die, but you want me to die.  Why?  Depends:

If Meph is scum then, of course, you want him to live and to have my roleflip 'confirm' him.

If Meph is town then, of course, you want him to live because that would provide a strong defense towards me who you want killed no matter what.

Even the most foolish of townies would lynch ALL scum they find and wouldn't give up one scum for another.  I know you are far from foolish as town.  As scum, though, you just showed your true intentions.

Unvote-Meph

Vote CobaltKobold
[/quote]You are sooo scummy.

Actually, there's a very good reason I'm not voting for him.
Unvote CobaltKobold, vote Mephansteras.
After Meph turns up town and Dakarian is either night-killed or protected, we should lynch Cobalt.
Mephansteras was at L-1, at the time I posted that. Now, you have put Mephansteras at L-2. Now, let's see, what was it...oh yeah.
Very well, though just in case something goes wrong in the night, I'll want time to make an overall writeup.
You still want that?

Cobalt, thank you for the final piece I needed.  Die today or you die tomorrow.  But you WILL die.
bloodthirsty much? Your piece is laughable.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 ... 111 112 [113] 114 115 ... 151