Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Wilderness  (Read 4250 times)

Zombie0hour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Wilderness
« on: November 02, 2009, 11:11:42 pm »

Lately I have felt a strong urge to go out into a remote region in Alaska and live in the wilderness.. anyone else every felt like this
"I do not know with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." Albert Einstein

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
Re: Wilderness
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 11:54:30 pm »

Aye, once I went out and wrestled a bear. Them things are WILDERNESSY.

On a less sarcastic note, yes.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 12:13:19 am »

There was a book about a real person who did this.  It was called Into the Wild, I think.

He died.
Shoes...

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 12:25:52 am »

I'd want to get away from it all some days, but I'd rather be a tropical island.

Then I think that I'd either end up like Tom Hanks screaming for a volleyball, or be trapped on this island with evil megalomaniac bent on doing the world harm.

Either that or I'd become a monk just so I could live in those monasteries that are halfway up impossible cliffs and rock outcrops.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 01:10:08 am »

It sounds fun when I'm sitting in my comfy chair. Having been camping before, I could hack it, maybe, but I'm not sure what I'd achieve.

But should I get stranded in the Canadian wilderness then shit gets serious. And it's my time to shine.

Yes, I've read Hatchet. Why do you ask?

Hawkfrost

• Bay Watcher
  • It's way too late to stop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 01:30:40 am »

It sounds fun when I'm sitting in my comfy chair. Having been camping before, I could hack it, maybe, but I'm not sure what I'd achieve.

But should I get stranded in the Canadian wilderness then shit gets serious. And it's my time to shine.

That book made me laugh.
Dude has issues when it comes to moose.

Of all the things to kick his ass, it was a moose. A cow moose.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 01:35:59 am »

You know there's little stopping you from bouncing off into the cascade range for the hell of it- well, if you're close. I live a nice distance between the city and the veritable wilderness, so I like to get out there every once in a while.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 01:37:37 am »

Well I do feel like adventuring into the wilds, but not actually go out and live in the wilds.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 01:40:18 am »

I used to go hunting when I felt like that... But I havent got to recently because I'm under therapast enforced house arrest at the moment...
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2009, 01:48:00 am »

Why so? If it's to get away from people, hunting (or other wilderness activity) is a good way to get away from people without stagnating and becoming a basement creature.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2009, 01:50:18 am »

I regularly do the sport of Underwater Bear Wrestling, in the Wilderness of course.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2009, 02:10:09 am »

I'd like that. I tried doing the same out the back of our property, but I almost died of thirst and starvation.

Yeah... Canada is a better choice.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2009, 02:17:02 am »

That book made me laugh.
Dude has issues when it comes to moose.

Of all the things to kick his ass, it was a moose. A cow moose.

Also hurricane.

Anyway, when I say I could hack it, I'd probably just barely survive out there and not have much fun at all. However, I really want to try hunting. It sounds like bucketloads of fun, especially considering the rugged beauty of American and Canadian wilderness.

Plus they have less stuff to kill you than Australia.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2009, 02:21:55 am »

Plus they have less stuff to kill you than Australia.
Wait... More big fatal stuff, less little fatal stuff.

And they have Sqrls. Though I'd have trouble shooting them if I wasn't really really hungry.
Also, I want to try the bigger guns in canada. Woo.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2009, 02:25:25 am »

Sure, but that doesn't make America any more dangerous than Australia.

We have crocs, though I'd rather not get into an argument about if a bear would win against a croc (it wouldn't IT WOULD DIE RATHER UNPLEASANTLY).

Also, small stuff can kill you without warning.

Why do we live here Tack?
Pages: [1] 2 3