Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Badass goblins?  (Read 750 times)

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Badass goblins?
« on: November 02, 2009, 09:06:30 pm »

I'd like to see entire goblin raids of legendary goblins, and make them always come with a few trolls, is this possible to implement?

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
Re: Badass goblins?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2009, 02:53:10 am »

I have set Trolls' Biomes to also include mountains, glaciers and tundra, though I have yet to test it properly. But theoretically it should make them more widely available to Goblins.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Derakon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2009, 03:09:35 pm »

As for getting all sword/axe/lash/etc. masters, I don't think this is possible. The legendary goblins that show up are the civ leaders, and there's only so many of those to go around. You could boost the base goblin stats, though (and there are lots of mods that make nasty sieging enemies of various types).
Jetblade - an open-source Metroid/Castlevania game with procedurally-generated levels

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 03:16:35 pm »

There's a mod somewhere that makes goblins building destroyers with stats higher than most demons and HFS. Really its just editing a few lines of text.

nil

• Bay Watcher
  • whoa
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 06:01:33 pm »

If you give them [DEFENDER], they will have bosted stats and will at least be elite wrestlers.  I don't know how this will work with non-wrestlers, though, and it will make it possible for goblins to come out of HFS.

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2009, 09:04:22 am »

Hmm interesting I'll try the [Defender] tag sometime.

In the meanwhile I've made gobbos size 16 and given them superTrolls and superBeakdogs that are everywhere.

I guess that explains why I stopped getting legendary goblins after I had them all in my cages.

GoldenH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2009, 02:29:31 pm »

I'm having quite a bit of Fun with my mod - I just had an elf caravan decimated by a kobold ambush. I pulled back all my dwarves to a U-turn I had built in my fort and recruited all marksdwarfs i could, then sent up a few dozen wardogs to help. The kobolds then descended into my fort, where my dabbling marksdwarfs waited. The marksdwarfs were doing okay until they closed the distance, at which point they were massacred. Then the kobold ambush retreated since it had taken unacceptable casualties, stopping every so often to kill an errant dwarf that didn't stay far enough away :D