Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Forum RP hub: Art mode  (Read 2999 times)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
Forum RP hub: Art mode
« on: November 02, 2009, 03:01:04 pm »

RULES AND TOPIC PURPOSE, READ BEFORE POSTING:
Spoiler: rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Start Image (click to show/hide)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Forum RP hub: Art mode
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2009, 04:00:45 pm »

The sound of thousands of boots trampling the scorched earth in unison rises colums of dust into the sky.

Thousands and thousands of graphiten soldiers leave their grey and merciless foot prints on the green malachite desert, as a horrible trumpet sounds.

The pencil army has arrived, and with them they bring death and pestulence in form of their handdrawn weapons.

As the first leaden ladders are set against the floating platform, one thing was sure. Armoks sanctuary would surely perish....

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2009, 06:53:01 pm »

:(
I can't draw well.

Someone feel like drawing Strife walking through the portal with a navy blue coat and his rifle slung, holding a sub machine gun.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2009, 02:19:20 pm »

and here we go, this thread is doomed to die quickly

the general bay12 forumgoer has the self-esteem of a stick, and the moment they have to draw, it combines with their general lazyness.

drawing = oh noes, image is not high-class art quality, surely they will think I suck, I mean, even I think I suck, and I think highly of myself

drawing = effort. oh meh, drawing a picture is soooo hard

nobody has said anything about drawing well. look at my silly scribbles.

of course, since you guys are perfectionists and would rather do nothing than doing something that is not going to get praised, none of you will ever actually post here, so yeah, dead thread

guys, get over it, no need to draw anything of quality
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2009, 02:26:14 pm »

@Strife Sure, but it's sorts rudimentary because I couldn't find any description of him beyond weapons and clothing anywhere, and those were specified here anyway.

@Akromas first post: The only possible interpretation I can think of means that's a VERY long ladder...

@Akromas second post: Well, if you read the rules technicaly I DID say it needed to be above a certain level of quality, but that level is more abaut being serius and it being posible to see what the image is suposed to be, not fancy looks. So yea, more people should really try this, even if they think they suck.

Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2009, 02:29:16 pm »

If you are unable to draw well enough to count as serious, you could ask some of the people who do draw, and your action might become canon if someone hears your pleas and draw it.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2009, 02:35:02 pm »

Yup, that's the one. Really thou, the threashold is rather low, as long as SOME effort is put into it an MS paint doodle might still be more than good enogth.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2009, 06:22:25 pm »

I'm not too good at drawing anything past stick people, but I'll give this a shot.

Suddenly, a mage wearing blue robes falls out of the sky, landing in the candy pile!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2009, 06:36:33 pm »

8. The topic creator (Armok) and anyone else she deems to have this authority
Copy-paste-error, or gender revelation?

Regardless, I would *like* to join, however, to access the scanner, I must load Ubuntu, and the network connection(windows-side) fails if I use hibernate to avoid losing all open windows. Plus, I would never bother redrawing my avatar, too much time put into it already.
Eh?
Eh!

Luke_Prowler

• Bay Watcher
  • Wait, how did I get back here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2009, 12:35:52 am »

Spoiler: pic (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: RP (click to show/hide)

Quote from: ProtonJon
And that's why Communism doesn't work. There's always Chance Time

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2009, 11:36:15 am »

8. The topic creator (Armok) and anyone else she deems to have this authority
Copy-paste-error, or gender revelation?

Regardless, I would *like* to join, however, to access the scanner, I must load Ubuntu, and the network connection(windows-side) fails if I use hibernate to avoid losing all open windows. Plus, I would never bother redrawing my avatar, too much time put into it already.
Copy-paste-error.
Also, you dont have to redraw it pixel-perfect, I think even a doodle by you shuld be more than good enought quality hopefully.

@Luke_Prowler: heheh, you migh want to be a bit less forth-wall-y. Still funny thou, and I guess tha's what count.

Edit: Damn, did this thing die? :( It needs more activity anyways, if it dosnt get an influx of players in less than 24 hours please consider the art quality requirement to be no longer in effect.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 03:51:32 pm by Armok »
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Myroc

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurking Skeleton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2009, 06:51:40 am »

Edit: Damn, did this thing die? :( It needs more activity anyways, if it dosnt get an influx of players in less than 24 hours please consider the art quality requirement to be no longer in effect.
I'll join soon (working on picture), so don't remove this rule just yet. It has a certain charm to it. :)
We all have problems. Some people just have more awesome problems than others.
Getting angry is fun. Getting angry over petty things even better.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2009, 07:11:01 am »

Waiiiiiit for meeeeeee!

Out from the sky comes a wierd man blob. He only has a few hairs and has extremely odd eyes. Plastered onto his face is a perpetual grin, despite his predicament - falling through the sky at an alarming rate! He is clutching a suitcase (Not visible in pic), seeming not caring that he will soon splat onto Armok's platform. Most wierdly of all, however, is the number '4' scarred onto his forehead. Just what the hell is going on?
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2009, 09:17:55 pm »

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2009, 01:26:51 am »

In case anyone needs text from Strife,

Strife looks around. A floating platform with a blue-mage type suspended in air. "Bloody hell. This is a strange world."
Pages: [1] 2