Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Has forum traffic halved during the last week...  (Read 3055 times)

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
Re: Has forum traffic halved during the last week...
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2009, 08:52:31 pm »

Yeah, the lack of an update has pretty much killed my fourm spirit...

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2009, 03:25:26 am »

The Forum Stats page is helpful for this kind of thing.

When people get bored of DF, they leave the forum or they ferment and end up hanging in the Finally... section of the forum. Which is why I think there's more posts here than way back in the previous version of DF :P

Yeah, that's pretty much the only reason I'm down here.

Ampersand

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2009, 04:19:11 am »

When I was on our official podcast a few months back, between the recorded segments, the subject of the state of the forum came up, and yeah, the same sort of worries arose. For my part, I attempted to reassure Tarn that the second the new release comes out, everything will swing back the other way, and I still hold to that position.
!!&!!

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2009, 04:20:55 am »

Hell yes. Remember how funny topics seemed a year ago? "Holy crap my dragon jumped into a volcano"?

That times a hundred.

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2009, 05:20:32 am »

Guys, you should be counting your blessings that B12 forums are actually that active.
And well, with the end of year coming around people will have exams to study, shit to do.

Like me, except I'm procrastinating writing up my History thesis/essay thingy...

It's 6k words man.... -.-
And I'm only 13!
My ego boasts.
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2009, 08:27:57 am »

maybe I should do as in the golden days, and just publicaly kill someone to increase activity ?
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2009, 09:04:00 am »

maybe I should do as in the golden days, and just publicaly kill someone to increase activity ?
Not the ol' Akroma shuffle an' stab again? We barely escaped suspicion last time.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2009, 12:15:54 pm »

Do this!
Actualy, it gives me a briliant idea: Art RP thread, it's just like the bay12 resort or strifes fort or my hubs, but you have to put in original art for each post to be canon!
Those that cant draw could informally request actions to be done for them in OOC, or interact indirectly over telecommunications, but physical actions arn't canon until someone actually draws them.
All this would mean it would be much slower-moving, hopefully resulting in being longer-lived, and that only people serious about it would bother joining.

If nobody else does so, I might create this topic in a few hours, or tomorow, or not at all, depending on how I get time.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Killas[SiN]

• Bay Watcher
  • [SiN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2009, 06:19:58 am »

Do this!
Actualy, it gives me a briliant idea: Art RP thread, it's just like the bay12 resort or strifes fort or my hubs, but you have to put in original art for each post to be canon!
Those that cant draw could informally request actions to be done for them in OOC, or interact indirectly over telecommunications, but physical actions arn't canon until someone actually draws them.
All this would mean it would be much slower-moving, hopefully resulting in being longer-lived, and that only people serious about it would bother joining.

If nobody else does so, I might create this topic in a few hours, or tomorow, or not at all, depending on how I get time.

I imagine that it would start good, but then like in You Poop Eat Cat, some people *cough cough pandar cough cough* would take freaking days to make a simple picture or even do something.
You should make Korean pros into game-ending, SPEED:0 megabeasts.
A Jaedong appears at your fort.
DF: gg
DF has left the game.

Glacial Eidolon

• Bay Watcher
  • Member of the Elves' Parting Association (EPA)
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2009, 10:20:25 pm »

Dire deeds submit to dire results. And that which is dire eventually calms.

Patience. The sheep shall be herded together by instinct soon.
I am perhaps the most successful troll ever because even though I do not troll others I troll myself successfully... and there are no rules against trolling yourself.

Zai

• Bay Watcher
  • Elmo? Is that a SIMPLE UTENSIL?
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2009, 10:37:55 pm »

I have noticed a dramatic increase in the number of threads and posts complaining about the lack of threads and posts recently.

Indeed. And each one gets me more riled up than the last.
DEATH has been waiting for you. He has poured you some TEA.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2009, 11:34:02 pm »

Oh, Dasleah said it before me. I need to read more thoroughly.
Pages: 1 [2]