Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Can't Wait Any Longer Donatathon - Remember, you're still waiting...  (Read 49443 times)

SirPenguin

• Bay Watcher
  • NEVER A DULL MOMENT IN MID-WORLD
    • View Profile
Re: Can't Wait Any Longer Donatathon
« Reply #45 on: November 03, 2009, 12:33:53 pm »

Wow. Lets be civil. And not make jokes about others drawings.

I'm not being uncivil. It was just a joke, my good sir!

Jasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 03, 2009, 12:39:26 pm »

@Org, AWESOME. Sam appears to be on gollems side, AS HE SHOULD HAVE BEEN. Glad we agree on that, frodo isn't dwarfy enough to justify his existence.

In further news: I just donated another 5 dollars in Timst name so he can have his drawing.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 03, 2009, 01:12:07 pm »

Wow. Lets be civil. And not make jokes about others drawings.

I am pretty sure it was intentional though

-----------------

I tried to make the "What if Lord of the Rings was Dwarf Fortress" but I forgot I had no talent :P

I really gotta to find my tablet pen... and a good tablet drawing program that allows me to adjust it so I don't need to put soo much pressure (or even pressure at all) behind my strokes.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 02:19:50 pm by Neonivek »

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 03, 2009, 04:01:47 pm »

I might be the only guy stupid enough to have missed the picture reward by 5 $, just because I wanted to round (not sure it's the word, how do you say when you want your money account to finish by "0" ? I do that all the time, especially in videogames) my bank account.

I am every bit as obsessive about wanting all my finances to equal out at the decimal.  But hey, don't worry about what amount you donate.  I've amended requirement, or rather eliminated it.  This is fine, because whether your request gets drawn is entirely at the whim of anyone who feels like doing it.

Current registered total is about $568, just shy of a third of last month's total in only three days.  Awesome!
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 03, 2009, 04:07:09 pm »

This needs to be stickied.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

metorical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2009, 04:14:20 pm »

I finally decided to donate so there's $150 winging it's way over to Toady.

Could I have a picture please? Something to do with purring maggots perhaps :P

Solifuge

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2009, 04:41:18 pm »

Solifuge's Sprite Art Stand is open for business!
As I get settled in my current place, I've got a bit more time to push pixels, and what better inspiration?

I've got 5 pixel art slots open now. Make a donation, and claim a slot! All proceeds go toward the Toad.
- $15.00 and under: Custom 32x32px DF Sprite
- $30.00 or more: 100x100px Original Static DF Avatar
- $100.00 or more: 100x100px Tales of DF Animated Avatar

LordNagash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2009, 05:04:22 pm »

I severely doubt Toady is going to sticky a thread about passive-aggressively nagging him to work harder.

metorical

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2009, 05:13:56 pm »

I severely doubt Toady is going to sticky a thread about passive-aggressively nagging him to work harder.

I don't think it's nagging him to work harder, it's showing our support for his journey and saying we know you'll get there so we don't need to wait for proof before donating.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2009, 05:24:28 pm »

Passively-aggressively nagging him yes, but also giving him free money.  I'm sure as Hell not going to ask or bother him though.  What Toady wants to do with his forum is his prerogative alone, and plenty of past donation threads have sunk into obscurity for one reason or another.
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

PsychoBuck

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 03, 2009, 05:48:20 pm »

If it is not too late with my request, I would like a picture of animalmen getting massacred by traps. If not, I might make one later.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 03, 2009, 05:49:42 pm »

I'd personally would have more respect for these things if they would show up less whenever Toady earns a bit less.

"Toady earned 300 less this month. QUICK! We need a Donatothon! It it totally justified, it is already a pattern!"

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 03, 2009, 05:53:11 pm »

I called it Can't Wait Any Longer for a reason, October's report just gave me the idea.  The simple fact is, the past two months saw few and boring devlog updates, and a lot of hand wringing about when the update will be ready to release.  Is it any surprise that income was also down?  This is just a way of saying, "hey, we're still here and really want to play the new Dwarf Fortress, here's some more money so you don't have to worry about that."
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 05:54:54 pm by Aqizzar »

James.Denholm

• Bay Watcher
  • [HAS_NO_HUMOURS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 03, 2009, 06:45:14 pm »

Edit: Fail conman is fail.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2009, 06:26:33 pm by James.Denholm »
Imagine a combination of power goals 44 and 45: The ruler convenes a council of the nobles to appoint you the high priest of the nearby towns. Instead of waiting for them to finish their drinking session, you walk in and crush a goblet while berating their disgusting behaviour and general incompetence.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 03, 2009, 06:58:52 pm »

And boy did we get an interesting couple of devlog updates to start November. I consider donating when I have no income.

re:neonivek: Last year Toady got two months exceeding $5k, midyear and december. this year there is nonesuch yet, so his income is less, though the other months are a bit higher.
Fun with Numbers:
2008 donations:$32318.46
Average month: $2693.21
December(dwarfmas): $5279.49
2009 donations:$22631.16
Average month: $2263.12
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23