Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23

Author Topic: Can't Wait Any Longer Donatathon - Remember, you're still waiting...  (Read 49428 times)

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
Re: Can't Wait Any Longer Donatathon - Broke $2500
« Reply #315 on: December 07, 2009, 02:37:57 pm »

I have buckets and buckets of cash lying around, but it's just that; cash. Which is unfortunately difficult to process through the intertubes. So until I track down someone who'll let me borrow a credit card, I'll still be a donation virgin. Workin' on it, though.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: December 07, 2009, 03:17:09 pm »

I don't know which country you live in, or how available they are there, but you could probably go pick up a prepaid gift card or something similar.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Hoborobo234

• Bay Watcher
  • For the revolution!
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: December 07, 2009, 03:24:49 pm »

Or pay toady in CHEESE
Rather than having them directly force you to mine adamantine, I would suggest that they give you strange moods that require adamantine. "Dig out the adamantine or Urist here goes insane and dies" is suitably vicious.

(It occurs to me that you can probably get "Lovecraft" as the random name of your fortress. That's when you know you're screwed.)

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: December 07, 2009, 07:01:27 pm »

I don't know which country you live in, or how available they are there, but you could probably go pick up a prepaid gift card or something similar.
Money orders are the usual way of sending money, I think, if you lack a checking account.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

igdfilm

« Reply #319 on: December 08, 2009, 04:49:47 am »

Money orders are the usual way of sending money, I think, if you lack a checking account.
Hey, I know I'm being Captain Obvious here... and sorry if it's been posted here and I missed it, but for those of you on the fence or limited by credit/debit cards...
You can also send mail of any kind, including but not limited to donation checks and money orders, to:

Tarn Adams
PO Box 2990
Silverdale, WA 98383-2990

Edit: You might be able to send cash if you hide it in a card... a hilarious dwarf themed christmas card.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2009, 05:16:23 am by igdfilm »

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: December 08, 2009, 06:02:56 am »

Edit: You might be able to send cash if you hide it in a card... a hilarious dwarf themed christmas card.

I actually looked it up earlier after Reasonableman mentioned only having cash, and apparently it's not illegal to send cash through the mail.  Just not recommended by the USPS.

CobaltKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼HOOD☼ ☼ROBE☼ ☼DAGGER☼ [TAIL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: December 08, 2009, 03:41:25 pm »

I actually looked it up earlier after Reasonableman mentioned only having cash, and apparently it's not illegal to send cash through the mail.  Just not recommended by the USPS.
After all, anyone could take that cash.
Neither whole, nor broken. Interpreting this post is left as an exercise for the reader.
OCEANCLIFF seeding, high z-var(40d)
Tilesets

igdfilm

« Reply #322 on: December 08, 2009, 03:59:20 pm »

After all, anyone could take that cash.

You have to hide it well. Otherwise, kiss that cash goodbye.

G-Flex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: December 09, 2009, 02:48:56 am »

If it's a significant amount, you're better off just turning it into a money order or a cashier's check at a bank.
There are 2 types of people in the world: Those who understand hexadecimal, and those who don't.
Visit the #Bay12Games IRC channel on NewNet
== Human Renovation: My Deus Ex mod/fan patch (v1.30, updated 5/31/2012) ==

Eruonen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: December 09, 2009, 06:16:43 pm »

Sent off the pathetic amount of six dollars. I hope to be able to send off another 30 dollars next month, but the upcoming Christmas days have really got me low on cash.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2009, 06:19:18 pm by Eruonen »

Eruonen

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: December 10, 2009, 04:05:58 am »

Donated an extra 24$, because it turned out I wasn't that low on money after all.

Azkanan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 10, 2009, 05:54:57 am »

I actually won $20 in an forum competition a couple of months ago, I planned to donate it to DF, but I had to spend it =[.
And now I need to buy a new PC because mines about to bust, then a big ol' TV, which, for both, will take till christmas next year, minimum... Crappy english money system is crappy :B.
BUT. I will donate, eventually. (:
A pool of Dwarven Ale.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THIS ?

caas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 10, 2009, 06:00:13 am »

In the spirit of christians attempt to purge old religions holy days (christmas) I donated $30. Its a small thing compared to the joys DF has brought into my life  :-*

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 12, 2009, 11:59:45 am »

Tried donating $10 to Toady, but PayPal doesn't like Debit cards.   :(

Donated $10.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2009, 12:05:55 pm by ToonyMan »

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 12, 2009, 01:16:51 pm »

Oh, bugger it. I'm spending money now so I may as well donate again. Another $50 towards $3000.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23