Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Nexus Fortress  (Read 2781 times)

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Nexus Fortress
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2009, 08:00:53 am »

I've put this project on hold until the next version of df comes out, but after playing it in fortress mode for a bit I noticed a few minor problems, which I've now made V1.51 to fix, which I've updated the download link in the first post to. The biggest change is making VWs explode more dangerously- but without killing anything nearby. Previously it didn't appear to do any damage, or perhaps very little.

Winterbrass

• Bay Watcher
  • [HOMEOTHERM:10032]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2009, 03:57:12 pm »

I wholeheartedly approve of this project.

Too bad that Masumi et al. don't seem like the type of people to play DF.
[PANTS:ITEM_PANTS_PANTS:RARE]
[CAN_CIV][CAN_SPEAK]
[ETHIC:USE_MIND_ALTERING_SUBSTANCES:ACCEPTABLE]
[ETHIC:CAUSE_UNFUNNY_DRAMA:SHUN]
[ETHIC:PLAY_DF_AS_ELVES:UNTHINKABLE]

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #17 on: December 24, 2009, 04:53:12 pm »

And another small fix....

I really should have tested this game out in fortress mode sooner- then I'd have realised humans, seraphs and nexus champions all trade at the same time, and that infernal behemoths aren't always aggressive.

That wouldn't be a problem on its own, but IBs are active every season so you constantly get trade caravans and it also appears friendly building destroyers are horribly broken- they leave most buildings alone but go out of their way to seek and topple statues. They'll do this even whilst trading, and since creatures count as lying down when trading I got IBs and their donkeys/horses crawling on the floor to my statue garden, and then ripping every one of them down. I ended up having to lock up the statues each time they arrived.

Anyway I've fixed all that in version 1.52, though I had to remove [CAN_SPEAK] from IB as that is one of the few ways to make a race always aggressive. I hope this will be my last release until the next version of dwarf fortress.

Strange guy

• Bay Watcher
  • Strangely normal
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2010, 04:22:52 pm »

And yet another small fix. Last one before the next version of DF is released- hopefully. I added [UTTERANCES] to IBs so they have names while remaining aggressive, and fixed sieging behaviour- my entity raws were copy/paste/edits of the human ones- but I didn't know what the [SIEGE] tag did then so left it in, which led to human-like sieges where they set up a fire and stay in place for a while before attacking.
Pages: 1 [2]