Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Should the armor be sold for greater challenge?

Hahaha, yes! We want to die messily!
- 16 (35.6%)
I like life!
- 29 (64.4%)

Total Members Voted: 45

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11

Author Topic: LP: X-Com Apocalypse!  (Read 34827 times)

Mad Larks

• Bay Watcher
  • The Music Meister!
    • View Profile
Re: LP: X-Com Apocalypse!
« Reply #60 on: November 05, 2009, 01:51:39 pm »

Spoiler: Diary of Dougan (click to show/hide)

I say we wait and see if we can eventually spot the alien bastards.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2009, 09:30:35 pm by Mad Larks »
It's like Schrödinger's cat spinning violently around your head vomiting multicolored flickering 1s and 0s on your eyeballs just trying to contemplate that on any meaningful level.
Follow the ups and down of Urist McBeard, Minerdorf

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 05, 2009, 03:24:23 pm »

This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 05, 2009, 07:55:04 pm »

Oh what the hey, I'll go ahead and toss in my lot with these yahoos.

Name: K-5 "Golem" (Model name is the K-5, but his personal name is Golem)

Race: Android

Weapons: Always dual-wielding.  If nothing better is around, a pair of M4000's to start off with (you mentioned no dual-wielding of machine guns, but a single M4000 clip will last for 12 seconds of sustained firing at full-auto, and there will always be 40-70 clips available each week for purchase.  Furthermore, you can always use the slower and more accurate aimed attack), but only until disruptors and devastator cannons become available.  Might also consider laser rifles or plasma pistols.  Optimally, I'd ask for a pair of minilaunchers for accurate and powerful destructive capabilities, but that would likely be more costly than it's worth.

Bravery: Will only retreat or stand down if given a direct order to do so by an officer.

Position:  Heavy weapons/fire support.  Devastator cannons would allow him to keep up a sustained barrage of any enemy forces for long periods.

Personality:  Golem is a dark and cynical individual, and fights for honor and the sake of causing widespread destruction amongst his enemies.  He is equipped with a self-conscious AI that is capable of advanced thought and reasoning, enough that he is well aware of society's low opinion of android citizens.  He holds no strong grudge against humanity in general, but despises bigoted individuals for their ostracizing of his kind.  He is proud, often stubborn and at times nihilistic.

First and foremost, however, Golem is an honor-bound warrior who will obediently serve whatever commander he enters service with.  A mechanical mercenary.

As far as choices go, let the infection stew for a bit until your help is actually called for.  It's not your fault that they're blind as bats.  Besides, it might mean more aliens to shred.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 05, 2009, 08:11:37 pm »

I'll probably allow dual M4000s in week 2, depending on how many people change their weapons to newer models.

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 05, 2009, 10:48:42 pm »

Zangi finds the commander's office, empty, so he slides a letter under the door. 

Zangi has some outside affiliations with a 'competitor' of Osiron of course...
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 06, 2009, 06:40:36 pm »

I don't feel like uploading the entire contents of the UFOpedia, but if anyone wants to see a UFOpedia entry, let me know.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 06, 2009, 07:03:53 pm »

Man, what a waste. I spend the morning shooting gang members , and not only do I not get to keep the rocket launcher I found I don't even get a promotion because it wasn't an official mission.

Well...not a total waste. I did get some good practice in on those goons.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 06, 2009, 07:33:52 pm »

See... everyone wins!  Wasn't that a productive training exercise or what?
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 06, 2009, 07:43:12 pm »

Yeah...   Except that Osiron isn't a gang.

You just knocked over a Mafia joint.  Hope you're ready to deal with some goodfellas, not to mention all the politicians they've got on their payroll.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 06, 2009, 07:49:59 pm »

Hmm. Corrupt politicians, you say? Possibly .... alien sympathizer politicians? We have ways of dealing with them .... (Not really. IIRC, if the government goes hostile [Or go into negative cash] then X-Com permanently loses their most reliable source of income. I don't think you technically lose if everyone gets fully infiltrated, but it becomes a major pain to earn the revenue via other methods, constant raids are a nuisance [Free loot with enough security stations!], and they'll shoot at X-Com craft. Fun times. [/senseless rambling])

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 06, 2009, 07:50:31 pm »

Oh, well that's nice. Not only did I not get to go wipe out an Osiron base, but the people that went don't even appreciate the immense honor they were given. Ungrateful brats, the lot of you.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

DFNewb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 06, 2009, 09:39:28 pm »

Yay raids, as long as Bug fights I am happy  ;D
Reasonableman playing Batman: Arkham Asylum
Luke_Prowler : Boot: apply directly to the forehead

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2009, 10:07:12 pm »

Spoiler: Zangi's Log (click to show/hide)

Its cool to know that raid requests can be taken.  :P  As long as its convincing.

rickvoid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 07, 2009, 02:47:49 pm »

Gordon Freeman, wielding whatever weapons he can scrounge, onhis epic quest for a crowbar.

You know you want to.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 07, 2009, 03:05:18 pm »

Very well, I'll see what I can do about the armament and personality from the TFTD thread, but I must confess to having never played Half-Life (Don't shoot!) so he will be the silent protagonist type.

Edit - Mini update!
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 03:12:25 pm by Nirur Torir »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 11