Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Materials  (Read 538 times)

RaevynneFlynne

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
New Materials
« on: October 29, 2009, 10:02:51 pm »

So, I've been looking around the forums and the wiki a bit, but I'm still a wee bit lost.

I was looking to mod in a new material type (that might have been done already, and I've just never spotted it.)

Basically it would be processed bone that you could use just like stone. Probably done in the smelter.

Any advice for how to go about doing this?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
Re: New Materials
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 10:47:04 pm »

I'm almost certain the only way to do this is to add a new [DEEP] stone_mineral type called 'bone', and produce it by processing bone at the smelter.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Mr.Hobosworth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2009, 02:30:08 pm »

It depends on what you want. if you want an actual stone that you take to the smelter and process there, just make a new stone, but dont add [DEEP] as it would cause HFS to be surrounded in it rather than Adamantine

or if you want to take actual bones and be left with a stone called "processed bone" or something, make the new stone in matgloss_stone_mineral, but dont give it any environments.

then add in a smelter reaction something along the lines of:

[REACTION:MAKE_BONE]
[NAME:make processed bone]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:3:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:NO_SUBTYPE]
[PRODUCT:100:1:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:BONESTONE]
[FUEL]

*someone check me on the bone reagent, havent used bones in a reaction before*

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2009, 10:03:35 am »

I've just been experimenting with skulls and bones in reactions, and so far it looks like they work as long as you specify a creature.

[REACTION:GOBLIN_TROPHY_MAKING]
[NAME:make goblin trophy material]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:5:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:GOBLIN]
[REAGENT:5:SKULL:NO_SUBTYPE:GOBLIN:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:3:STONE:NO_SUBTYPE:STONE:GOBLIN_TROPHY_STONE]

This building material is suitable for beds, tables, doors, walls, and flooring. It's like they come pre-engraved!

[REACTION:TITANIUM_MAKING]
[NAME:make titanium bars]
[SMELTER]
[REAGENT:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:BAR:TITANIUM_ROUGH]
[REAGENT:10:PLANT:NO_SUBTYPE:ROCK_SALT_CRYSTAL_PURE:NO_MATGLOSS]
[REAGENT:10:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:COAL:CHARCOAL]
[REAGENT:5:BONES:NO_SUBTYPE:BONE:ELF]
[REAGENT:5:SKULL:NO_SUBTYPE:ELF:NO_MATGLOSS]
[PRODUCT:100:1:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:TITANIUM]
[PRODUCT:100:3:BAR:NO_SUBTYPE:METAL:SLAG]
[FUEL]

Titanium, the strongest natural material available. Due to our technology, vacuum chambers are just outside reach, meaning that the Kroll process cannot be obtained. The Hunter process can be roughly emulated with large amounts of high-quality salt crystals for Chlorine and charcoal for Coke (I hate Coal). At this point sodium would be used to form pure Titanium, but the purest source is Cryolite, which is horribly rare. Instead, the skeletons of elves is used.

For best results, the elves should be placed in a clear glass room underground, away from the sun, watching farmers harvesting various mushrooms while a covered magma vent gently cooks them. Once properly marinated, seal the room and fill with water. Wait until the cave-worms have left only the bones, then hurl the remains into the Titanium smelter while explaining to their liaison the benefits of progress.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"