Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: DF dream...  (Read 1056 times)

Chromie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
DF dream...
« on: October 29, 2009, 02:42:48 pm »

I've been sleeping in too much lately, since I can't find a job and that's depressing... and this leads to some wacky dreams since I remember more REM... (and I mean wacky the way DF means 'fun')

So I was walking down the street with some friends, and I see what looks like a big block party, and some people with clipboards calling people over, and I say something like, "lets try this!" and everyone follows me to a clipboard recruiter. Turns out we had just volunteered as fortress civilian recruits to fight the HFS, since it wasn't going well for the military. We sort of teleport underground, with a bunch of half-finished rooms around, and tentacle demons popping out of nowhere, and demons that are mimicking people I know, and everyone is fighting with makeshift weapons (I know I stabbed a guy in the chest with a fork, but whether it was a demon or another civilian I don't know...) Every so often my vision flashed black with white text, saying "[Name] is one of the seven." only they were like screennames not real names. My name was one of them, and when there were 7, the demons all melted away, and after a second where everyone was looking around, this sort of enormous grey slug appears from under the ground.

At this moment I panic and have  to run, and that dream-paralysis kicks in, where you run and run and go exponentially slower every moment. I watch helplessly as this enormous lumpy Lovecraftian shape rises to its' feet, trunked and tusked, and it had legs, but it was mostly bloblike. It moved forward and reached one of its' trunks toward me, and I cowered on the ground begging for it to stomp me quickly. It set the end of its trunk on my head, and just as I wondered when it would be done eating my thoughts and I would begin to die in agony... I woke up.

My boyfriend's hand was touching the top of my hair in his sleep, I nearly jumped three feet straight up. :X

Anyway, my search says we haven't had a DF dreams thread in a while.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: DF dream...
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 02:51:49 pm »

There was a thread on DF Dreams, its probably on the second page.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: DF dream...
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 03:30:43 pm »

Oh, I really love this, nightmares based off of real life external input.
Tell your love interest to warm their hands before they touch you in your sleep, it usually ends in a nightmare if you don't!