Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: help me with the 'hit'  (Read 1686 times)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
help me with the 'hit'
« on: October 29, 2009, 09:32:58 am »

im playing a campus wide game of steve jacksons Assassins, i was woundering if anyone could give me any hints and tips. For anyone that doenst know the game is basically thus. You get assigned tragets (that are other students) you must find them and eliminate them using methods allowed by the game. Usual assasination methods are stabbing with a cardboard knife, shooting with a water gun poisioning with marmalade in their tea etc.

this is teh first time ive played the game and i was late signing up so ive only just recieved my targets.

I have the targets:
Sex
name,code name
halls of residence,
course,

i dont have a photo

from the halls, course and name i can estiamte the targets uni email. I can also get the targets course time table and assuming the target attends core modules, can be certain of a time and location for the target.

But of possibly over a 100 students in the class bar the sex division i have no way of knowing who he or she is

I can scope the halls, but wont know which flat the targets in. really i need a photo or visual identification, or an address, and only then can i plan a kill.

any suggestions on how i should aquire this information. bear in mind i have a course to complete so my time is not limitless, also im very introverted and dont want to approach lots of people and ask them their names, and if they know someone.
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.
Swans, too. Swans are complete bastards.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2009, 09:55:50 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:05:24 pm by Stany »

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
Re: help me with the 'hit'
« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2009, 10:17:41 am »

already tried facebook and myspace - too many people with same name, none with locations
I haven't been able to get any vomit this release. Not any I can pick up, at any rate.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2009, 10:23:15 am »

Is it just me, or is it so that evry pice of advice this thread could bring would be very usefull for a real murder? I'm not questioning de5mes motives, but you shuld still think a second time before giving him the advice I think...                         
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2009, 10:26:59 am »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:04:05 pm by Stany »

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2009, 10:38:05 am »

Is it just me, or is it so that evry pice of advice this thread could bring would be very usefull for a real murder? I'm not questioning de5mes motives, but you shuld still think a second time before giving him the advice I think...                         

You really think De5me is going to kill someone?

Anyway, just casually ask around their hall or as one of their courses is getting out and see if someone will point them out to you.  Say you're an old friend.  Make sure you ask a member of the opposite sex so you don't accidentally ask them.  That would ruin it.
Shoes...

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2009, 11:05:52 am »

Or just go to my uni, you can search everyones email by name. Then just go for the generic "oh, i found your lost xx" line and boom, you know who it is.
Magma is overrated.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2009, 11:35:05 am »

No, but better paranoid safe than sorry.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2009, 03:47:02 pm »

fill the basements with plastic explosive, fill the school with free beer.
Detonate and enjoy.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

eerr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2009, 04:39:20 pm »

Don't worry, it's just fun to practice.

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2009, 05:07:01 pm »

Don't worry, it's just fun to practice.
Practice makes perfect, after all.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2009, 05:52:37 pm »

No, but better paranoid safe than sorry.

It's not like he's gonna kill you.
Shoes...

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2009, 08:58:58 pm »

This game sounds like a Jolly good lark.

Oh, and you could simply invite all the people with that name (assuming it's something like five people) and liberally murderise all of them.

As long as the rules state you can't Shiv thrice. (Or more)

de5me7

• Bay Watcher
  • urban spaceman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 30, 2009, 06:33:13 am »

im not really going to kill the target - just to clear that up. The assasins game has come under increased scrutiny since anti terrorism laws smothered Britain. We arnt allowed to use anything that looks remotly like a real gun.

I want to advoid talking to lots of strangers so im not going to ask around. Besides it would be rather impactical, there are several hundred people living in the halls the target is resident in.

my current ideas are:

contacting the target by my estimation of the targets email and challenging him/her to a duel. If they kill me they get points so it would be in the targets interest to rise to the challenge. But id have to consider rigging the duel so i win.

trying to find the post sorting room in the halls of residence and hunting for the targets name - and room number.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2009, 07:09:26 am »

This game sounds like a Jolly good lark.

Oh, and you could simply invite all the people with that name (assuming it's something like five people) and liberally murderise all of them.

As long as the rules state you can't Shiv thrice. (Or more)

You get penalised for killing innocents. The game is Assassins, not Mass Murderers.
Pages: [1] 2