Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Modern Warfare 2 leaked 1st level gameplay reaction  (Read 7842 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Modern Warfare 2 leaked 1st level gameplay reaction
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2009, 09:08:53 am »

I agree that they're just getting people riled to increase sales.  People always say stuff like this will ruin the games sales  but controversial games always sell like crazy, and Modern Warfare was going to sell like crazy anyway.  It'll just sell double crazy.
Shoes...

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2009, 09:14:39 am »

I don't really see this as a problem. IW have had a history of playing other sides during the same conflict, and as a gameplay plotpoint I think it'll be important to understand the 'bad guys' side here. They didn't do it with the WW2 games, cause I honestly don't think people would enjoy being Nazi's. But terrorists seem less extreme. Maybe its a kick at the whole fighting stuff in the middle east? Or maybe its just to make you feel better for playing the 'good guys'.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2009, 05:51:58 pm »

I'm somewhat confused.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2009, 09:06:20 pm »

Since when has REALISM ever been a bee in the bonnet of IW?

Anyway, I doubt they will even HAVE this in the full version of the game, OOOOOR it will be subverted, and you are there, but you have to do all in your power to prevent midless violence.

Something stupid like that I'd assume.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2009, 09:35:06 pm »

And what's this IW? This is Battlefield: Modern Warfare. I don't see any "I" anywhere, except in Battlefield.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2009, 09:36:34 pm »

Infinity Ward, the developer.
Shoes...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2009, 09:42:02 pm »

Oh no, slaughtering innocents! How terrib- wait, nobody gave a shit about Alex Mercer running around slaughtering innocents by the bucket-full. Why the fuck does this change anything.

It's a game people, grow up. It's not real. The whole point of games is to let us pretend to do things that we couldn't possibly do in real life.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2009, 09:44:24 pm »

But what about the children!

They are obviously too retarded to see the difference between a game and real life!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2009, 09:59:24 pm »

Wait, Call of Duty is targeted at children now?

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2009, 10:02:52 pm »

No, but parents don't give a fuck.

It's a GAME, childen OBVIOUSLY play it!

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2009, 10:06:20 pm »

And as Wooty pointed out, especially going by the example of the online crowd, most of the people who wind up playing Call of Duty games have to ask their parents to buy it for them.  As it were.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2009, 10:14:39 pm »

I do need to look at the video to check, but maybe it's slaughter without any context that's the problem? Once you provide a good reason for the slaughtering of innocents, I think the controversy will die down.

It's possible that this airport is actually being used by the Russians, and the CIA Agent has been told to shut it down. Violently.

Any women and children are working for the Russians, and are thus fair game.

Jakkarra

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chairman.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2009, 10:15:15 pm »

Makes sense.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2009, 11:36:12 pm »

I do need to look at the video to check, but maybe it's slaughter without any context that's the problem? Once you provide a good reason for the slaughtering of innocents, I think the controversy will die down.

It's possible that this airport is actually being used by the Russians, and the CIA Agent has been told to shut it down. Violently.

Any women and children are working for the Russians, and are thus fair game.
Pretty sure all the videos have been taken off the mainstream video sites but you might find it elsewhere.

Anyway, in the video, other than seeing some fat dude wearing too little clothing in the reflection of the TV, it's explained pretty clearly what you're doing there... though it's in French.

On an unrelated note, I managed to beat Mile High Club on Veteran with 7 seconds to spare! Yay!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2009, 12:39:37 am »

Again, i direct attention to Prototype; a game wherin you can (and probably will) gleefully murder thousands of innocent civilians for no better reason than "Because i can" or "Because they were between me and that tank."

Hell, the military will gleefully murder innocent civilians, and you get a kill counter at the end of each chapter to encourage you to murder innocent civilians, plus they make excellent projectiles to throw at things like Helicopters.

I don't recall a sudden outcry over Prototype showing the slaughtering of innocent civvies, what's so special about CoD? Odds are this is probably reasonably realistic; undercover agents probably do have to do some pretty reprehensible things to maintain their cover, i believe they often operate under presdiential pardons or something for this exact reason.

Talk about mindless babble.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5