Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10

Author Topic: Sci-fi RTD, plus testing fractional modifiers (Turn XII. Perpetual signups)  (Read 12516 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: Sci-fi RTD, plus testing fractional modifiers (Turn 7. Perpetual signups)
« Reply #75 on: November 11, 2009, 07:17:57 am »

Who am I... Where am I... I am... Rino Bay?
Look around, and move out of the room
Uuuhh.

It was a failure, so you just joined with the other two who went out exploring.

You can claim partial credit for their discoveries if you want.
Eh?
Eh!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I search for a weapon, something non-lethal (or just a normal wrench or something. Eh.)
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile

I leave the computer and search the bathroom for something I can use as an improvised weapon.

(I've run out of ideas for how I can gain computing experience, so yeah...)
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yeah, except Your post lacked anything about me whatsoever, and I was still listed as no-action, and as if I needed a name.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile

Mmmm.... Hmmm?
Eh?
What just happened? Let us see... We are in a room. A teleporter in a room, to be more precise. And we cannot seem to remember much. Let us start with the very basics. We are named... Lysander? No... Liechtenstein? No.... Ljóstýra? Oh, very much no. We seem annoyed by remembering that. No, we are...

We are Ljótur Ragnar Felix Pétur Hávarđur Hallvarđur Adrian Claus Ewald Grímur Horst. Or Ljór for short. Those names don't all seem to match. We wonder why.

Oh! The medicine! Do we have our medicine in our pockets?
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile

Yeah, except Your post lacked anything about me whatsoever, and I was still listed as no-action, and as if I needed a name.

Korbin, Dakam and a new arrival head out exploring, heading local-east.
I think that's you.
Oh wait, I do.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Also, Pillow_Killer, would you like to tell me what you want to do THIS turn?
Eh?
Eh!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I ask those people where am I, what's going on, while continuing following them, looking around for clues
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I haven't forgotten about this, only procrastinated. I will try to post a turn tonight. Sorry for the wait!
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~~~~~~~~~~~~TURN 09~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Kenton head out along the unexplored direction quickly coming across a small storage closet. He finds an air tank with a damaged valve and replaces it with one of the (roll: 5) five working ones nearby.
{{+2 simple mechanical repairs experience. now 2/4}}

Korbin applies his vague but returning skills to find the best way to deal with the powerless areas, however, he cannot come up with anything yet, due to limited knowledge of the surroundings. His best answer was that it would first be good to retrieve a map of major power lines from the computer, and then explore along them, being cautious of closed doors, since there may be more breaches. Also, if both endpoints are accessable, it might be possible to reroute power along a temporary line. And some power problems could be resolved by restoring solar power.
{{+1x2 non-combat strategic analysis experience. 2/8}}

Frederick, happy about having finally fixed the light switch, heads off in search of other areas to assist. Rather than fixing a main power line, he takes a look at the solar power control panel. Huh, there seems to be a loose wire that should be supplying power to the control circuitry. Having firmly reattached it, the display panel lights up as it recieves actual data from the controller. (array size: 2. Mapping: [5,10,20,50,100,200]) The array is a smaller, 10 panel array. Each panel might be able to produce a maximum of five kilowatts, though at the current stellar distance they only produce two. The automatic alignment option is easy for Frederick to find, and the control panel quickly finds the optimal position. The panel reads a total income of 20 kilowatts, far to little to power the teleporter, but likely enough to run most other devices.
{{+1(No x2: minor repair) experience. Rank up, now rank 2. Experience now 0/12. Electrical skill category rank up}}

Dakam searches for a decent nonlethal weapon, but alas, all he finds is a dusty pillow in the storage closet Kenton found.

Michael also searches for a weapon, and finds a short segment of high-capacity power cabling. It isn't long enough or sturdy enough to make a great weapon, but it's still about 1.5 metres of long, thick, heavy, matter. And it's secondary uses are evident.

A very confused "Ljótur Ragnar Felix Pétur Hávarđur Hallvarđur Adrian Claus Ewald Grímur Horst" starts digging through his pockets for some medicine, but couldn't find any. (What is the probability of not needing it? Only the dice know!) He does remember the chemical formula, so if he does need some, he can make some, with the right equipment. Besides, there might be some elsewhere.
{{Chemistry profession: The standard x2 experience bonus.}}

Rino Bay asks around, but nobody really knows where they are in any meaningful way. He can't find much about what happened, except that the hole in the solar panel control room was likely(by it's shape) at least partially made by a meteor or high-powered handheld weaponry. Or maybe cut intentionally? If it was meteors, they were either too sparse to cause all of the percieved damage to the power cabling, missed the local section more than the rest, had a few especially unlucky strikes, or wasn't the whole source of the damage.

Statuses:

Quote from: Nirur Torir(Frederick IV)
Inventory:
-Toolbox
  • dented crowbar
  • fully charged electromagnetic screwdriver
  • various spare wires
  • laser pistol(no battery)

Skills:
=Electrical{1, 0/4} <+(1/6) to all rolls with a final sum less than 3>
  • basic electric:{2, 0/12}. <+(2/6) to all related rolls>
Quote from: dragnar(Kenton)
Inventory:
-universal wrench
-welding torch
-"empty" air tank (well, maybe 1 minute worth of air, since it contains it's volume at room pressure)

Skills:
=construction {0, 0/2}
  • Basic deconstruction: {0, 2/4}
  • Basic construction: {0, 2/4}

-mechanical {0, 0/2}
  • Repairs: (0, 2/4}
Quote from: DaPatman(Michael Monaghan)
Inventory:
-1.5 metres of high-capacity power cabling

Skills:
=computing{1, 0/4} <+(1/6) to all rolls with a final sum less than 3>
  • Basic computing: {2, 2/12}. <+(2/6) to all related rolls>
  • Teleporter computers: {0, 2/4}
Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator(Korbin)
Inventory:
-electromagnetic grapple-pistol

Skills:
=strategic analysis{0, 1/2}
  • non-combat: {1, 2/8}. <+(1/6) to all related rolls>
Quote from: Digital Hellhound(Dakam)
Inventory:
-dusty pillow

Skills:
=Medical{0, 1/2}
  • basic medical: {1, 4/8}. <+(1/6) to all related rolls>
Quote from: Pillow_Killer(Rino Bay)

Quote from: Boksi(Ljór)
Skills:
=Chemistry

Quote from: tehstefan(nees name)
new arrival

Enviroment:
Known power production:
  • 20 kw from solar array.

Map(s):

(If you haven't inferred by now, SOME of my inspiration came from SS13, but I am throwing in my ideas and changes quite often, and probably have used most/all of the inspiration I will use)
(Also, there IS artificial gravity)
Eh?
Eh!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Sci-fi RTD, plus testing fractional modifiers (Turn 3˛. Perpetual signups)
« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2009, 10:10:08 pm »

he takes a look at the solar power control panel. Huh, there seems to be a loose wire that should be supplying power to the control circuitry.
*facepalm*
well there goes my reason for a spacewalk...

Still might be a good idea to look for any more external damage though, so I'll try to build a rudimentary air compressor, heck a bicycle pump would be better than nothing.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2009, 10:22:08 pm »

After a brief victory jig, I begin searching for a spare battery for my gun. I like being able to shoot things.

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 18, 2009, 01:45:46 am »

Rino , clueless of what is going on, looks around some more. Suddenly, a bright image of a medkit flashes his mind, and he begins looking for one, unsure why.

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 18, 2009, 07:31:26 am »

I thought you said we were getting supplies this turn?

Anyway:

His best answer was that it would first be good to retrieve a map of major power lines from the computer,

Good idea. I do that.
Oh wait, I do.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: November 18, 2009, 10:34:04 am »

I thought you said we were getting supplies this turn?

Anyway:

His best answer was that it would first be good to retrieve a map of major power lines from the computer,

Good idea. I do that.

Good good idea.

While the maps are beign obtained, I search for another pistol-shaped object.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 10