Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10

Author Topic: Sci-fi RTD, plus testing fractional modifiers (Turn XII. Perpetual signups)  (Read 12520 times)

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

I, Korbin, the great military commander, have arrived. I shall now access my situation and check to see if I have my trusted pistol.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

(BTW, you can just refer to me as Michael from now on.)

I generally have been refering only to a player by full character name the first time, and one rare occasions.

How many RTD players does it tak to turn on a light-switch?
It depends, sometimes 0 sometimes no ammount can succeed. Usually in between.
-or-
Only one, but by the time they succeed, they will have destroyed 3 planets, obliterated an alternate universe, created a malovent god-like being, and spilt their tea.

Do we know exactly how advanced this universe is?
Well, I am taking a general setting, and improvising and building from there. Note: teleporters not instantaneous, and huge constructions, but they exist. Multiple planets. Other stuff.

Read the Universe Lore at the end of each turn. I often don't know myself, until I make a choice.
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Just checked, and it seems that all I am missing is Rashilul.
Eh?
Eh!

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

You can AI him for this turn.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Shit, didn't see that there was a new turn.
Anyway...Commit suicide. I don't really feel like a RTD right now :-\

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~~~~~~~~~~~~TURN 06~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Michael starts working with the teleporter's computer to find all he can about where he is. The location seems to be far outside of the inhabited portion of the galaxy, about one year by space travel. He also discovers schematics of their location: It is built like a space station, but designed with full space ship propulsion. It is designed for stealth when inactive. The teleporter is moderately close to the centre of the station-ship, and the recent energy use graph declares that they have used up about half of the available power in the local storage unit. The damage log indicates large failures in the power grid, and hull integrity failures as well. There should be a total of 16 power storage units, dispersed throught the station-ship, but only the local one is connected. There is a star nearby, but the solar panels to the south(relative to the station-ship) are not active.
{{+2(x2) basic computer use experience. Now 4/8}}

Frederick starts to repair the light switch. He manages to get it open, and bends the casing back into shape. The circuitry is undamaged, but many of the wires have detatched.
{{+1(x2) basic electrical experience. Now 2/8}}

Kenton borrows Frederick's wrench and opens the hatch, revealing a small maintainence shaft, lined with closed access panels. There is a large one that likely opens directly into the teleporter mechanisms,  the others probably to control circuitry.
{{Lost construction skills gained: construction skill experience gain is doubled. +1(x2) basic construction experience. Basic construction 2/4}}

((Well, you trusted the dice for your role, and got *most* of what you wanted))
Korbin, a previous military strategist, tatically asseses the situation. There only appears to be enough power for 4 more teleportations(Not counting the current one), unless another power unit can be connected, or better, the primary generator started.{{Lost strategy skills gained: strategic analysis skill experience gain is doubled. +2(x2) non-combat strategic analysis experience. NC strategy: 4/4. NC strategy level up! Now rank 1. +(1/6) etc...}}

The other guy starts to contemplate suicide, but can't bring themselves to do it. They decide that they will wait for now, in hopes that they can turn the suicide into a heroic sacrifce. Korbin agrees.
{{Suicidal tendancy gained: Unless an action is posted, will roll to determine action. Will try to kill self if it can benefit the others}}

Statuses:
Quote from: Nirur Torir(Frederick IV)
Inventory:
-Toolbox
  • dented crowbar
  • fully charged electromagnetic screwdriver
  • various spare wires
  • laser pistol(no battery)

Skills:
=Electrical{0, 1/4}
  • basic electric:{1, 2/8}. +(1/6) to all related rolls
Quote from: Rashilul(needs name)
attributes:
Suicidal heroism: Will try to kill self to help the others.
Quote from: dragnar(Kenton)
Inventory:
-universal wrench
Skills:
=construction{0, 0/4}
  • Basic deconstruction: {0, 2/4}.
Quote from: DaPatman(Michael Monaghan)
Skills:
=computing{0, 1/4}
  • Basic computing: {1, 4/8}. +(1/6) to all related rolls
Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator(Korbin)
Skills:
=strategic analysis{0, 1/4}
  • non-combat: {1, 0/8}. +(1/6) to all related rolls
Quote from: Digital Hellhound(needs name)
New arrival

Map(s):
(Map accurate, and at a scale of 1 pixel = 10 centimetres)
(Map only shows explored areas. Doors are grey. The hallway is not fully shown)

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 03:22:31 pm by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I continue the lightswitch repairs.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I, Dakam, chief medic of a military regiment, search the area for medical equipment/anything that'd be useful if someone would get hurt.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2009, 11:03:29 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

Explore the northern hallway and adjoining rooms. Search for pistol-shaped objects.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

Explore the southern hallway, looking for either a space-suit or an autonomous robot of some sort.(I'm going to try and get the solar panels working.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile

I use the computer to scan for signs of life on board the space station other than the six of us.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

I use the computer to scan for signs of life on board the space station other than the six of us.
Ohh, good idea.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

~~~~~~~~~~~~TURN 07~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Frederick continues trying to fix the light switch. And, as he places tha last wire in, it sparks, and he pulls it out, disconnecting all the wires, negating all his recent work. Fortunately, no damage appears to have happened.
{{+1 experience, no x2. now 3/8}}

Dakam, the newly arrived medic goes off in search of medical supplies, but only finds an emergency kit inset into the hallway wall. Taking it, he finds that it only contains supplies to prolong the life of patients, mostly a cut-sealant gel((1-6:4)+(1-6:2)+(1-6:1)=7 units remaining) and some basic painkillers, and ((1-6)/2):4/2=2 splint kits. Proper medical supplies would have to be accuired elsewhere. Surgical suplies probably only in the medical areas.
(3/2: 1 skill rank kept from pre-teleportation)

Korbin searches the teleporter maintainence shaft. Unsurprisingly, the other end is bolted shut. Opening the maintainence door in the middle reveals a cramped, winding area, around the complex machinery, extending a floor up and down, and in almost every direction. This is normal for a teleporter, but guns aren't. And there weren't any in there, as expected.
((OOC: Wow, your action gave the results of the 1, not the die! (Though on a better roll, your character would have picked a better direction, found something, or at least made it out the other side of the maintainence tunnel)))

Kenton heads down the south maintainence hallway. He comes across a door to the southern solar array control area, containing a space suit. However, there is a gap in the wall, leading to space, visible through a window in the (heavily reinforced) door. This was quite unfortunate design.

Michael Monaghan calls up the map and begins searching for lifeforms. He finds all 6 expected lifesigns(the half-generated human didn't show up, as they were still in chronofreeze, and incomplete)
{{+1(x2) basic computing experience. Now 6/8}}

Suddenly, the suicidal guy pushes past Kenton, passing the door into the airless area! (He closed it behind himself quickly, so barely any air got out. Air retention fields must be active.) In his last half minute of life, ge grabs a sheet of metal and a welding torch conveniently nearby, and seals the hole! It is not a perfect seal, but good enough to prevent any leaks until it can be properly fixed. Then he dies. That was quite a heroic sacrifice, and Rashilul would be happy at the lack of character to worry about.

Statuses:
Quote from: Nirur Torir(Frederick IV)
Inventory:
-Toolbox
  • dented crowbar
  • fully charged electromagnetic screwdriver
  • various spare wires
  • laser pistol(no battery)

Skills:
=Electrical{0, 1/4}
  • basic electric:{1, 3/8}. +(1/6) to all related rolls
Quote from: dragnar(Kenton)
Inventory:
-universal wrench
Skills:
=construction{0, 0/4}
  • Basic deconstruction: {0, 2/4}.
Quote from: DaPatman(Michael Monaghan)
Skills:
=computing{0, 1/4}
  • Basic computing: {1, 6/8}. +(1/6) to all related rolls
Quote from: RandomNumberGenerator(Korbin)
Skills:
=strategic analysis{0, 1/4}
  • non-combat: {1, 0/8}. +(1/6) to all related rolls
Quote from: Digital Hellhound(Dakam)
Skills:
=Medical{0, 1/4}
  • basic medical: {1, 4/8}. +(1/6) to all related rolls
Quote from: Pillow_Killer(needs name)
New arrival

Map(s):

Eh?
Eh!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sci-fi RTD, plus testing fractional modifiers (Turn 7. Perpetual signups)
« Reply #58 on: November 08, 2009, 08:49:01 pm »

WORK I SAY! WORK! OBEY! YOU WILL WORK!!!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
Re: Sci-fi RTD, plus testing fractional modifiers (Turn 7. Perpetual signups)
« Reply #59 on: November 08, 2009, 08:53:00 pm »

His sacrifice shall not be in vain! I will put on the space-suit and repair the hull more permanently.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10