Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Sci-fi RTD, plus testing fractional modifiers (Turn XII. Perpetual signups)  (Read 12464 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.

Idea: Fractional modifiers of the form n/6, where a d6 is rolled and if it is less than or equal to n, you get a +1, otherwise a +0. So an advanced but not perfected skill would be +1+(4/6) rather than using integer jumps of +1 then a long time later +2, or purely statistical advantages to fill the gap.

Next, onto the actual game.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teleporter malfunction:
-Memory regeneration module damaged.
-Damage unrepairable.
Disregarding Error: Priority transit.
Transfer complete.
Warning: Unable to materialize load:
-Too large.
-Commencing temporal dispersal planning
--Success. Will release each cargo as the previous has exited the regeneration chamber.
~~~~~~~
(You are one of the people being delivered. Due to rematerialization issues, you have no memory of why you are here, or any more than the most basic skills. However, some abilities may restore with time. Abilities in this sense means skills like computer programming. The teleporter's rematerializer is unable to bring in more than one player per turn, though the waiting list is potentially infinite. I just throw an error in when I feel too many people are playing, and the teleporter automatically will shut down, but it has saved the matter patterns in protected storage, so that nothing short of a nuke will damage the patterns. A fusion nuke. With a bit of godnium thrown in to boost the power. OOC explaination: The teleporter will shut down when I feel like it, but nobody on the waiting list will be lost because of it)

Edit: Should post signup info: NOTHING, except a will to play! You can make up your name and reveal it once you play.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 10:53:40 am by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sci-fi RTD, plus testing fractional modifiers
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2009, 07:18:24 pm »

I want in.

Action: I look around the room, trying to figure out where I am.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 07:22:16 pm by Nirur Torir »

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2009, 07:21:53 pm »

IN

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2009, 07:35:18 pm »

Okay, well, intrest has been shown, so now to write the turn.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~TURN 1~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In a dim metalic room, with a faint low humming to be heard from the walls, the teleporter regeneration pod slides in. It locks, and a faint hissing is heard as the object contained within is brought out of chronofreeze. A humanoid, lacking in many recent memories stumbles out.

By the appearance, the humanoid(Feel free to give a name and gender) concludes that the room is likely in a space complex(Either ship or station, most likely), or a military compound.

(Since I didn't see the action until I was done posting, and as it is a guarenteed success, I will not roll for it. If there was some sort of visual imparement, or the action was more complex, I would roll for it)

Statuses:
Quote from: Nirur Torir
Nothing yet

Universe lore(The stuff that characters know about but you, the player or reader, do not):
Chronofreeze is a state where no atom moves, though it maintains it's energy level. The technology behind it is  unsuitable for time travel, though it does allow for one to cease to age for a preset number of years, as long as the machine doesn't break down. It is most often used by hospitals when transporting patients in critical conditions to more specialized(most often the best in the local solar system) clinics, by spaceship passengers on long flights, and, most importantly, to allow teleporter regenerators to reform living biomatter, as it is a somewhat slow process(maybe 10 minutes or so? Will vary with the plot). Unfortunately, it requires large machinery and energy, so has not found much common use outside of those already mentioned. Teleportation has similar problems, energy, space, and machinery, so ship travel is still the most common for most travel where the time can be spared, or there is no destination teleporter, or where distances are short. Intra-planet teleporter use is even less common.

Waiting list:
  • Rashilul
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh, and for the next turn, Rashilul will join, so I need an action from both him and Nirur Torir.
Starting next turn, I will roll for actions, unless I deem them autosuccess.
Eh?
Eh!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

"Urng. Isn't somebody supposed to be here to greet me? Something must have happened."
I, Frederick IV, search for something that can be used as a weapon.

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile

I'll join!
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

DaPatman

• Bay Watcher
  • GoL FTW!
    • View Profile

I'm in.
I don't want to set the world on fire
Oh wait, I do.

RandomNumberGenerator

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope.
    • View Profile

I'll join.
The end of the world is more fun then I expected.

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Official waiting list post(Will be updated as often as I can update it):

In next turn*:
  • tehstefan

The rest:
  • RedWarrior0
  • SHAD0Wdump
  • Sean Mirrsen
  • Virex
  • Wimdit
  • Taco Dan

(*next turn that someone gets in)
« Last Edit: November 28, 2009, 09:19:04 am by qwertyuiopas »
Eh?
Eh!

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Great intrest, great start! Now to the turn...

~~~~~~~~~~~~TURN 02~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Spoiler: actions (click to show/hide)

Frederick IV, having much practical sense, seeks out a weapon. About twenty seconds of searching later, he has found a bright red toolbox, mostly full. It would make a great weapon, and has constructive applications as well.As Frederick searches through the toolbox(6!), He finds a universal wrench(It resizes to fit any bolt you may find!), (3) a bit dented, but perfectly useable, an electromagnetic screwdriver(It works on any size or shape), (1) though it lacks a battery, a crowbar(Can't live without one, even in the far future! Especially if your name is Gordon), (3) also somewhat battered, though perfectly useable, (3) some spare wiring, though not much of it is long enough for any major power rerouting, it should be fine for tinketing and small device repairs, and finally, a depleted lazer pistol, (2) the battery dead, and with no indication of power loss over time, if it was used to power something else(The screwdriver?), or if it was depleted through use.

Meanwhile, the regenerator has been busily restoring another human. About 15 minutes later, it finishes, releasing it's load.

Statuses:
Quote from: Nirur Torir(Frederick IV)
Inventory:
  • Toolbox
  • universal wrench
  • dented crowbar
  • batteryless electromagnetic screwdriver
  • various spare wires
  • depleted laser pistol
Quote from: Rashilul
New arrival
Eh?
Eh!

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Crowbar? Gun without ammo? I have a bad feeling about this.
After asking the new arrival where we are and why (Useless, of course.), I leave the room to find somebody who can tell me what's going on. And a latte.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2009, 08:41:40 am by Nirur Torir »

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

In, if there's still space.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Do want in.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Rashilul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Try to find out where the heck I am.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10