Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 50

Author Topic: Medieval II, Total War in general, discussion time  (Read 73786 times)

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval II, Total War in general, discussion time
« Reply #510 on: March 15, 2011, 07:56:56 pm »

Am I doing this wrong?
I'm playing as the New Roman Empire (... DAMMIT), and I made pretty good profits for a while, and then I stopped taking over places because Denmark offered to trade, and I immediately lost all profits. I was -1339 for several turns in a row. As soon as I see that I'm on a rise again, I hit negatives again. Also, if you have excess funds the end of the turn, you are automatically bumped down to 100 something, while if you end the next turn there, it doesn't change. What is that?
It's currently around 1400. I should probably take out Milan next, but me and Milan are good buddies.

I don't get your guys whining at the AI, and how they attack you all the time because you're the player. Only Sicily has attacked me, and the Pope, being the bro that he is, and excommunicated them. Then Sicily became pirates, and the Pope called a crusade. I was the first to respond, as I had already sent a fleet to do something else, and the turn that I could siege, my best general died of old age. I was sad.
He didn't even die in his homeland. He died oversees, on some desert somewhere in buttfuck no where. That made me angry. The next three or four turns, and his army had completely destroyed Sicily in Africa.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: March 15, 2011, 09:02:52 pm »

Try making peace with an AI at full strength. Now try making peace with them when the AI is very very weak. Note the simlarities in their responses. Also see how they delcare war. Note that sending a full army of deadly soldiers would be a good way of starting a war.

Also, the pope is a bitch. I would rather be excommunicated then comply with his constant "STOP ATACKINZ AND BUILD MOAR TEMPLES BLARGE!" whine. Its simply a 20% hit to public order. I have done great (Up intil the end where Europe hates my guts), and I have been under excommunication for almost the intire game. I also went to join a crusade once. Utter waste of my time. It went like this: The pope had called a crusade. This was back when I was still listening to the bastard and quickly made an army to join up. I sent a experianced general and a full stack of my best units ( A bunch of Miltia Spearmen with leather-something armour and peasent archers. Hey, it was early in the game. And besides, it was a big stack. ), put them on a boat, and had them sail off. However, they place of the crusade was in the Middle East and I was England. .It was a long trip, and the Pilgrims and Crusade Knights I had hired to help also abandoned me ( What a waste of good money! ) . Those units were slowly killed by storms and other bullshit, but most of them survived. However, after 5 something years of travel for my troops and aging general, I found that the city was already about to be attack by future evil rival, The Polish! (Bum Bum BUUUM!) And due to a stupid path finding error that could've been avoided, the Polish began their attack, and I could do nothing about it. Oh, and on the very long way back my "good chums" the French (BumbumBUM!) did me the favor of sinking my fleet, the intire army, and my second best (To my belief) general all in one strike!

Also, on the topic of bullshit general deaths, my first greatest general, Henry (Alias, The Scared, the Mauler, the Mercful, and the Honourable), was on his last conquest before I sent him back to England. He single handedly cripled the French, Milans, Scots, and the Holy Romans. He never fully conquered any of them (As different people did that for him), but he took a damned lot of land for me, he was my single most badass general too (Having Gold level experience and shitload of Hitpoints), he once killed a full army by himself (Though that may have been someone else), and I adored him for his high "Good" rating. He was on his way to conquering the last of the Holy Romans, when he is killed, not of old age (He was in his mid-50's), but an ASSASSIN. Ironic, seeing as I had used them all the time, once killing the pope with them! His nephew Leonard took his place, future conquered all of Italy and more "good" then Henry! He paled in comparison to almost all of western Europe, but he made due. I planed on him seeing his homeland once again too, but guess what came along and ruined his (and everyone elses, including mine.) day! THE BLACK PLAGUE! Almost my intire family was infected, including good ol' Leo, in his conquered castle in Sicily at the time. He surivied for most of it, but when it was about to end, DING DONG! LEONARD HAS DIED OF PLAGUE!

I also notice my sharp decline in how I play the game. At first I was a nice guy, only occupying and releasing all my captured enemy soldiers. But during late game, I became much more agressive. TO give you an example, before I had an always occupy policy. Now I have an exterminatus policy, which states that if a settlement was a bitch enough to capture, I SHALL BURN IT! BURN IT ALLLLLL!!!! It stand among many other questionable "Policies". Ironicly enough, During my good boy period, I had some of the most malevolent rules of my land. Now that I have a bunch of cruel policies, I am starting to get more bevolent rulers.
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: March 15, 2011, 09:11:32 pm »

Good job, next play as an italian faction, the fucking HRE won't stop demanding you become a vassal. But vassaltude is actually a pretty good deal from either end.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: March 15, 2011, 09:32:54 pm »

Ok, fine. I'll try Milan Because the're Green. FEAR MY GREEN FETISH!

In other news, my gaint fleet sent to take the terriotry I need to win (Seeing as I already have 45 territories that I can barely hold on to.) was used as a volleyball for Hungarian fleets, until it "Popped". Fucking hell...

Also, MASSIVE DENMARK AND POLISH ATTACK ALL UP IN MY SHIT!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2011, 09:45:16 pm by Johnfalcon99977 »

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: March 15, 2011, 09:44:45 pm »

I don't see a lot of errors in my grammer. Grammer Nazi.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: March 15, 2011, 10:07:57 pm »

Milan has the bitchy AI ever. I've ended up trying to destroy them soon after I meet them every time I meet them.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: March 15, 2011, 10:18:34 pm »

Then I guess I would elimanate an ass of an AI.

They didn't even try to talk to me, they just invaded.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: March 15, 2011, 10:25:23 pm »

Welcome to my life.

Nopkar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: March 15, 2011, 10:29:15 pm »

I was raping in western europe when I get a notification about a jihad...awesome I said! nothing to do with me!

30+ turns later 2 egyptian armies and a handfull of my cities later I realized the jihad was against me O.o

-Jobs are to be assigned to Dwarves in alphabetical order, regardless of skill or specialization.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: March 16, 2011, 12:35:36 am »

Wow, I'm playing as Sicily. I get into northern Italy after finagling a crusade against Venice. The HRE then demands I become their vassal, which I do, to avoid having to fight them until I am ready. Then they betray me and besiege my city! Twice.

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: March 16, 2011, 01:24:03 am »

I've been watching all those Time Commanders videos on youtube... I have a new hobby now.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #522 on: March 16, 2011, 01:27:15 am »

hey dude, its not a chat room. I think a lot of us would appreciate it if you posted when you have something valuable to add tot he subject of the thread.

cool.
I got nothing

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: March 16, 2011, 03:51:50 am »

Nothing he said wasn't worth saying. Carry on, sir.

Time Commanders was great, I wish they'd kept going as the engine updated. Ah well.

NewsMuffin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: March 16, 2011, 03:00:47 pm »

Alright.

I don't understand your guys trouble, really, Me and Milan are best buds. The only bad guy in the entire world is Sicily. And that's because they sunk my Emperor. That's why the broPope excommunicated them, then declared a crusade.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 50