Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 50

Author Topic: Medieval II, Total War in general, discussion time  (Read 73854 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Medieval II, Total War in general, discussion time
« Reply #345 on: March 06, 2010, 07:07:25 am »

I'm pretty sure i remember it happening to me once when i was playing France and had elected to slaughter my way across the entire map.

By the end of my campaign, i'd cut the population of the Europe area down to about 1/5th of what it was before.

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 06, 2010, 07:10:40 am »

He recently called a (still going) crusade against Rome of all places.

Come to kill me, have you infidel?  Not I if I kill myself first!  Seriously, how the fuck can the Vatican call a crusade to take the Vatican?  What the Hell happened in your game?

If I have another problem with M2TW, it's how frequently nations that are supposed to be mortal enemies keep making super alliances, especially against you.  Spain and the Moors, Scotland and England, Venice and the Byzantines, Holy Roman Empire and Everyone.  Considering it's the players goal to destroy one faction or another reflecting historical animosity, it's a little weird how easily the AI disregards those goals.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 06, 2010, 07:17:15 am »

Sicily happened. Sicily was excommunicated, presumably, and in what was not the most stunning tactical decision they ever made, they took Rome.

Yeah. That's going to last.

EDIT: I really want 'Napoleon' now. That single player, 'drop in/out' multiplayer thing is a very clever idea.
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 07:22:41 am by Jackrabbit »

dogstile

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 06, 2010, 08:57:08 am »

I've not looked at Napoleon, so what are your thoughts. You guys have a better opinion than most of the internets.
my champion is now holding his artifact crossbow by his upper left leg and still shooting with is just fine despite having no hands.
What? He's firing from the hip.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 06, 2010, 09:01:59 am »

In my anti-world campaign as the Scottish, Toulouse has been besieged by all the remaining christian factions at one point or another. The pope (Now on Iraklion) just won't let them conserve their troops for their home fronts.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Apple Master

• Bay Watcher
  • The Master of Apples. IT IS AN APPLE
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 06, 2010, 10:08:49 am »

I just re installed Rome.
When I have money I'm probably gonna get Medieval II.
PSN: SirAppleforth. Add me and say you're from Bay12!

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 07, 2010, 12:51:36 am »

The Papacy is AMAZING  :o

30 turns in, Pope Gregory took Cairo from Egypt in the first crusade, and his adopted son is decimating Islam armies with the arc of the covenant. Back in Italy a legion of Swiss Guard (see tercio pikemen) marches destroying the Sicilians, and still with 5k+ profits every turn with cities running full steam upgrading.

AWESOME!
Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 07, 2010, 12:55:01 am »

Alright, Rome is now the Papacy's again. I was sorta hoping the crusading army would take Rome for themselves and thus create an infinite loop of crusades that would rip the Christian nations apart because that would have been utterly fucking awesome.

But no. Makes sense, but still. Aw.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 07, 2010, 01:24:53 am »

Yeah, it's awesome to have the Pope personally lead the charge against the Heathen Threat.

I just wish the pope had a custom battle model so that I could tell that it really WAS the pope knocking heads off some blas-PHEM-ers.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 07, 2010, 01:27:46 am »

I just had this image of a Knight in full plate wearing the Pope hat.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 07, 2010, 01:42:13 am »

This is a terrible photoshop and I feel ashamed.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 07, 2010, 02:26:28 am »

You guys know i'm playin the papacy right  ;)?

Let's see how those degenerate sophisticates handle a healthy dose of pure unreasoning violence.
— Commander Fleyitch

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 07, 2010, 02:42:17 am »

Yeah, I gathered, at least. You opened up that one config file and moved the papal states from the unplayable to the unlocked category. I did that once, rebels too. After the initial hilarity wore off I got bored and started a game with Portugal, I think it was. Wiped out spain, invaded northwest africa, and had a crusader army marching east towards antioch just to clear out north africa (I knew I'd never reach it before one of the others did). The moors were pushed back to timbuktu, and I had an army on their gates. Then that laptop died and I lost the save. D:
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

kalida99

• Bay Watcher
  • ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 07, 2010, 02:47:25 am »

Nope A mod, CustomCampaign2. You get full stuff from pope playing, inquisition, excommunication the whole works as well as added bonus units and models for most factions. Playing the Papacy without the mod often leads to massive amounts of crashing, and a malfunction of the cardinal system from what I've read, You may want to consider it.

EDIT: oh yes, as well as other factions (Rebels, mongols, timurids, and of course the papacy) and the features that come with them.

EDITEDIT: link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1953
« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 02:54:13 am by kalida99 »
— Commander Fleyitch

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 07, 2010, 02:53:52 am »

Sounds grossly overpowered and a lot of fun.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 50