Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl $5 Steam til Nov. 2nd: Mods  (Read 6715 times)

Uber dwarf2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • Please stop reading this, I will be banned if yo-
    • View Profile
Re: Stalker: Shadow of Chernobyl $5 Steam til Nov. 2nd: Mods
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2009, 10:06:00 pm »

I just found out:

DO NOT INSTALL THE 1.6 LEAKED PATCH THERE IS A SCURITY LEAK INSIDE IT,THIS PROBLEM MAY ALSO BE IN OTHER VERSIONS AS ASWELL.

Overall the multiplayer isn' worth it but if your on 1.6 down grade.

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2009, 05:33:34 am »

you have to build a arms stash.
the starting guns are all crap mpk as well  till the ak74u (the short one) then you can have a fun killing any thing.

the fast ak 74 then the 5.45 thunder.

i pack
1 ak74/grenade launcher  with 240 fmj bullets
1 sawn off shoty with 35 shells of buck
3 F1 grenades
8 grenades for the aks nade launcher

some meds about 10/15 of each.

or i brake out the fun weapons like the 2000 RPM hand gun,
the crow slayer grenades.

don't waste time with handgun it is qicker to reload than draw.
you can stab any thing to death in 1 stab,it makes Bloodsuckers alot less terrifying.
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2009, 06:12:24 am »

Hm, I'm playing OL mod and Sawn offs go in the rifle slot even though they're the same size as the pistol slot.
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2009, 07:33:31 am »

Hm, the Scientist gave me a mission to collect snork bits.  I killed all the snorks in the swamp, but not one of them dropped any bits.  Playing OL mod so I dunno if that broke something.  Seems unlikely though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2009, 09:51:15 am »

It's just a chance of dropping it.  Come back later or walk around outside the swamp itself.  I'm pretty sure they run around all over there.
Shoes...

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2009, 10:38:17 am »

Hm, the Scientist gave me a mission to collect snork bits.  I killed all the snorks in the swamp, but not one of them dropped any bits.  Playing OL mod so I dunno if that broke something.  Seems unlikely though.
Now, to just go the obvious route: you do know that the "bits" are "snork feet", right? There's not a specific item called "snork bits"... But yeah, they don't drop often. I think I killed ten or so going through the swamp and lab, and only got one or two feet out of it.

I really have to say, bloodsuckers aren't terrifying, or particularly threatening, they're just obnoxious bullshit. They run around like a fucking chihuahua on meth, invisibly, yet take more punishment than a lumbering asshole in an exoskeleton. If you get on top of anything, they can't reach you, but they still zip around screaming at you, and as mentioned, they take more punishment than a fucking exoskeleton >:O

A knife is not a good solution to them, though, as they have longer range than the knife, and can take several stabs (not to mention most of the time you miss, because of the bullshit collision detection...). You're better off with even a UDP-compact, which can kill one in about 12 shots, in my experience, presumably if some of those hit the head. You can kill them with a knife, assuming you have good enough armor to survive long enough to land a few hits... You'll still get torn up, but you'll survive it.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2009, 06:25:25 pm »

In my first screamer encounter I emptied an Akaban into the bastard then switched to my knife when he got too close and finished him in one stab. :P  Freaked the crap out of me that he didn't die though, cause I saw him coming at me from the other end of a well lit tunnel.  What freaks me out allot more is when someone shoots at you from behind.  Especially zombies, since they moan at the same time.  Can you say adrenaline rush? :D

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 10, 2009, 10:02:41 pm »

I tried what is apparently the latest version of Oblivion Lost (this), and found it to be utterly terrible. It removes the camera sway when walking, then turns around and makes the binoculars bob up and down so much you can't see a damn thing through them, while standing still. The ironsights become absolutely horrible, and lose the slight zoom in, and I swear the starter pistol shoots sideways (standing still, at a low crouch, I fire a single shot, and it hits the wall at a 45 degree angle to the barrel). >:| The new HUD is also horrible, and cuts out both the endurance bar and stalker count.

Now, is that the same version you all are using? That's what the thread in the official forums points to.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 10, 2009, 10:23:04 pm »

I don't know what all this trouble with aiming people seem to be having is about.

I'm definitely playing that version of OL (+Arsenal), and I have no trouble whatsoever. Sure, the starting pistol is crap, but we've established that already. After completing a couple of basic jobs from Wolf and the trader I have enough cash to buy a sawn-off, with which I can kill a bandit at 15-20 metres with a single shot - and that's with the cheap buckshot rounds, let alone the better variations.
I can't see anything wrong with the ironsights whatsoever, and still find it easy to one-shot people with non-scoped weapons.

Chances are Arsenal is making a significant difference here...

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 10, 2009, 10:28:30 pm »

There's a third game coming out, called Call of Pripyat.  There's a trailer but I can't be arsed to look it up and link it, plus it looks like high-school level Powerpoint stuff. 

What's a screamer?  I don't remember anything like that in it.

Also, you know that stuff that hangs off of power lines in the Army Warehouses?  That's an anomaly and supposed to kill you.  They never bothered to implement it, though, and also never bothered to take it out.  I spent ten minutes crawling under it praying it wouldn't go off, and nothing ever happened.

Oh, the snork feet.  I forgot about this, but the icon that represents feet in the inventory is dark and doesn't show up well against the background, so if you don't look carefully you might not see it.
Shoes...

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 11, 2009, 01:37:12 am »

I killed six snorks, and I did look carefully.  Oh well, maybe I'll find more in the complex.  I'm supposed to go in there to get some armor.

What does Armory mod do?  With just the OL mod I've found some very nice customized weapons with little green arrows on them to show they're special.  I found an Abakan with a 45 round magazine and an underslung grenade launcher, which I swapped out for an upgraded AK-74 that had better refire, handling, and accuracy even though it had slightly less damage a regular mag, and no nade launcher.  Then I swapped that out when I found a new Abakan with a Druganov style scope and even better stats all round.  I also found an Autoshotgun of some sort and a P90.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2009, 08:02:48 pm by Ioric Kittencuddler »

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 11, 2009, 08:09:02 pm »

One major problem with Oblivion Lost mod is that it makes all the NPCs take allot less bullets to kill.  This includes uniques who give missions, so generally if there's any big firefight in a populated area like the military attacking Cordon camp, and Freedom attacking The Bar, and then you lose a bunch of side missions.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]