Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Opinions on the Middle Eastern Conflict  (Read 12937 times)

kuro_suna

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on the Middle Eastern Conflict
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2009, 04:40:04 pm »

There is no way anyone can argue that democracy is not the best governmental system. It is the only system in which citizens are represented fairly.
Depends on what you define as a democracy, specifically is a democracy that's too broken to represent peoples wishes of how they want to live still a democracy. Afghanistan's government is run on corruption and nepotism while Iraqi politics will inevitably be dominated by the shi'ite sunni divide.

redacted123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
-
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2009, 05:11:39 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 25, 2017, 02:10:59 pm by Stany »

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2009, 06:58:36 pm »

I think Gondor made the right decision bringing the fight to Sauron's gates.

edit: upon further investigation I seem to have read the title wrong.

And Americans should stop their RAEG about 9/11. In Iraq, over five thousand soldiers were killed on the 'good' side, with over 30 thousand wounded. Total deaths in Iraq (both sides) are around 1.340.000 people. In Afghanistan, nearly seven thousand NATO troopers are dead, 4.500 wounded. That far outweighs the deaths in 9/11.
There is a difference between 3000 civilians being killed in a single act of terrorism and a large number of soldiers dying over an extended period during a war.

Real way to solve all the wars: Take away all guns, explosives, vehicles, weaponry, and armor from both sides. Present every person who wants to fight with 5 hersheys kisses, a muffin, and a paper towel. If they can still wage a war, let the fancy bastards do it.
okay I'll grab a chair and bludgeon people to death. Lacking chairs, I'll punch and strangle my way through people. The point is, taking away someone's tools for war can't take away their ability to wage war. Hell if you killed enough people you could make spears,crossbows,etc out of their paper towels. Prisoners have done it. Prisoners are actually a prime example of this in action. Take away everything they've  got that can hurt people, give them only the least harmful of devices, and they can still hurt, maim, and kill WHILE under nigh constant surveillance.

Phantom, your map on the first page, why is Pakistan FUBAR and Iraq fine?
because Iraq IS fine. it's nearly reached stability, people are starting to like the American's, the armies/police forces are being trained just dandy, and the terrorists are being weeded out. It's Afghanistan we need to divert attention to (which I believe we are)
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 07:21:24 pm by Chutney »

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2009, 07:04:00 pm »

Get on topic or go somewhere else.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2009, 07:22:47 pm »

I love it when people call the USA imperialist.  I dont have to listen to anything else they say, since they are living a delusion, specifically, the http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8VwkyrTb6go&feature=related delusion.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 27, 2009, 07:23:35 pm »

Phantom, your map on the first page, why is Pakistan FUBAR and Iraq fine?
because Iraq IS fine. it's nearly reached stability, people are starting to like the American's, the armies/police forces are being trained just dandy, and the terrorists are being weeded out. It's Afghanistan we need to divert attention to (which I believe we are)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2009, 07:30:48 pm »

I think Aragorn is making the wrong decision dialing up troops against the Misty Mountain Orcs.  We're almost done in Mordor, which was an unjustified war to start with, since the blowing up of the Deeping Wall was perpetrated by citizens of Isengard, not Mordor.

Even worse is that Aragorn got that award for bringing peace to the land, while he's sending more men to die in the Misty Mountains!  The award was obviously a stab at Denethor by the elite liberal Rivendell Elves.
Shoes...

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2009, 07:32:07 pm »

Real way to solve all the wars: Take away all guns, explosives, vehicles, weaponry, and armor from both sides. Present every person who wants to fight with 5 hersheys kisses, a muffin, and a paper towel. If they can still wage a war, let the fancy bastards do it.
okay I'll grab a chair and bludgeon people to death. Lacking chairs, I'll punch and strangle my way through people. The point is, taking away someone's tools for war can't take away their ability to wage war. Hell if you killed enough people you could make spears,crossbows,etc out of their paper towels. Prisoners have done it. Prisoners are actually a prime example of this in action. Take away everything they've  got that can hurt people, give them only the least harmful of devices, and they can still hurt, maim, and kill WHILE under nigh constant surveillance.

Chairs, spear, crossbows and etc. count as weapons. You would have to beat a man to death with a muffin.
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 27, 2009, 07:34:46 pm »

If a muffin is used to hurt someone, it's a weapon.  Removing the means of violence will prevent it.
Shoes...

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 27, 2009, 07:38:53 pm »

Chairs, spear, crossbows and etc. count as weapons. You would have to beat a man to death with a muffin.
Well, I'm making the spears/crossbows out of the paper towels you gave us. just because you take away weapons, doesn't mean I can't make more.
Could also poison muffins, or use them to suffocate people etc.

@Neruz: Yes, it's true. Iraq is getting better and Afghanistan is getting worse.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 27, 2009, 07:51:54 pm »

Define 'better'.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 27, 2009, 07:53:23 pm »

Hey at least most Iraqis aren't trying to kill us anymore.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 27, 2009, 08:14:21 pm »

Define 'better'.
it's nearly reached stability, people are starting to like the American's, the armies/police forces are being trained just dandy, and the terrorists are being weeded out.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2009, 08:18:45 pm »

You either have a very strange definition of of stability or have no idea what's going on behind the scenes in Iraq.

Chutney

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 27, 2009, 08:20:57 pm »

Well I got this information from my older brother several months ago, while he was in Iraq, stabilizing it and training their defense forces. I'd figure he'd know what's going on behind the scenes pretty well.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9