Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9

Author Topic: Opinions on the Middle Eastern Conflict  (Read 12899 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Opinions on the Middle Eastern Conflict
« on: October 26, 2009, 09:22:42 pm »

Well, I don't think I seen anything about the US Army in the Middle East.

Don't hit me.

The US shouldn't be involved with this, unless they're actually using nukes, or WMD, the USA shouldn't be worried about it. They should focus attention elsewhere, I don't think its improving in there anyway.
If they fight, they could at least get some help, from like a major country. Like those French Foreign Legion guys or the guys from the Russian Federation.

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
Re: Opinions on the Middle Eastern Conflict
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2009, 09:51:12 pm »

the guys from the Russian Federation.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
These guys, you mean?

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2009, 10:15:30 pm »

Them and ordinary ones.

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2009, 10:26:14 pm »

I hate how the Middle East expand every little second. First, all it meant was the lands around the Persian Gulf. That was it. It was part of a navy strategy for Great Britain. If Great Britain wants to keep the Indian colony from the Russian menance, they have to protect the Persian Gulf, since it provides a sea-based route connecting the Indian colony to Great Britain.

Then, some people decided it was a great idea to use the term Middle East to refer to all of Arabia. Then, they thought, let use it to refer to the Arab-speaking parts of Northern Africa. Northern Cyprus. Turkey. Iran. Afghanistan. Tajikistan. Now, it even engulfed Pakistan. What next? Will China join up with the Middle East because of its Ughiris? How about India? Over 100 million Muslims live there, and Kashmir is a Muslim-majority province, so of course, India has to be a part of the Middle East!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 10:31:28 pm by Servant Corps »
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

sonerohi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2009, 10:35:23 pm »

I'm a pro-war American, but my mind is starting to be swayed. We will have the same problem as Hitlers dad, pulling out too late.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I picked up the stone and carved my name into the wind.

Gorjo MacGrymm

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2009, 10:55:31 pm »

As a pro-war American (the current war, not in general), I could easily become a ranting menace due to ths thread.

Please lock this thread and bury it.

Please.
"You should stop cutting down all these herr trees, or, MAN is my Queen going to be Aaaaa-aang-Re-ee with you guys!" flipping his hand and batting his eyelashes."
"Oh my god guys, wood, is like, totally murder."

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2009, 11:04:48 pm »

"Middle East" isn't even a proper term. I think it's just meant to say, "they're different from us, but not Africans and not Chinese. "Middle East" just stands for a group of people who look the same. As soon as Indians and Iranians start looking the same, India's going to be a part of the Middle East too XD 

Well, the thing about the US is that they have to interfere in something, somewhere. They have so much money and workforce dedicated to weapon development.. it's a huge waste if they don't use it for something. They're involved in many parts of Europe, Central America, parts of Africa, and Korea. Who would've known that the middle east would be so much trouble?

America can't back off now. Backing off will make things worse for America and Iraq. It's going to create a huge power vacuum in the middle east. And once you pull troops out, it's going to be costly (financially and politically) to put them back in. By staying there, things do worsen, but only slowly. They're stuck. Nobody wants to be stuck like them, so nobody really wants to go in and help.

I'd like to see what other people think of it. I really can't see any reason for being pro-war :P
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2009, 11:05:10 pm »

Wait, I'm confused. Is there only "one" middle-eastern conflict? I thought there were several going on right now. They're all sorta silly, and no, democracy will not help. Democracy slows progress in nations that are not fully developed. Plus it's hard to fully implement, just look at Afghanistan.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2009, 11:18:41 pm »

I think Afghanistan should go on, as the people there actually have a favourable view of US forces and the government likes to make groundless arguments about how women shouldn't be educated.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2009, 11:51:07 pm »

I'm pretty sure the US is the Main force in the Region, from what I heard the UK only has presence in one city. I'm thinking one day part of Afghanistan/Pakistan/Iraq/Iran will become one huge Black Hawk Down scenario.

Whats the status on the Pakistan and Iraqi army?
BY THE WAY
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:00:54 am by Phantom »

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 27, 2009, 12:04:02 am »

I firmly believe that the middle eastern conflicts can be resolved. They simply need infrastructure. The region is too unstable. We must occupy as long as needed to build up a proper infrastructure for them so that they may grow more poppy plants. Then after we're done instilling a fresh democracy in them, once the mass poppy production is ready they will already be so god damned sick of politicians that they will just want to go back to good old-fashioned dictators. Working with the Russians, we allow them to slip into a communistic system where every man is guaranteed a sufficient daily supply of opium so that he may be trippin balls so hard he couldn't fight if he wanted to.

Thus solving all future Middle Eastern conflicts.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 27, 2009, 01:21:43 am »

The middle east has been a hotbed of war for the entire length of human history, i'm sure the conflict(s) could eventually be resolved, but not half-assedly, and it would probably require doing things that would be considered unacceptable.

Unfortunately (or possibly fortunately, who knows) the U.S. lacks both the willpower and the manpower to properly subjugate the region, and at the moment it lacks the economy too.

Muz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2009, 02:26:51 am »

I firmly believe that the middle eastern conflicts can be resolved. They simply need infrastructure. The region is too unstable. We must occupy as long as needed to build up a proper infrastructure for them so that they may grow more poppy plants. Then after we're done instilling a fresh democracy in them, once the mass poppy production is ready they will already be so god damned sick of politicians that they will just want to go back to good old-fashioned dictators. Working with the Russians, we allow them to slip into a communistic system where every man is guaranteed a sufficient daily supply of opium so that he may be trippin balls so hard he couldn't fight if he wanted to.

Thus solving all future Middle Eastern conflicts.

You're confusing the Middle East with China. Middle East has all the drugs anyone could ever want. Heck, they invented coffee. They definitely invented shisha. They don't want a communistic system. They thrive perfectly well on capitalism, where they can export coffee and oil, and buy virgins and English football teams.
Disclaimer: Any sarcasm in my posts will not be mentioned as that would ruin the purpose. It is assumed that the reader is intelligent enough to tell the difference between what is sarcasm and what is not.

chaoticag

• Bay Watcher
  • All Natural Pengbean
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2009, 05:56:00 am »

Just because the Afganistan region grows poppy plants, doesn't mean the rest of the Middle East does. I mean, look at Lebanon, they grow weed instead.  ::)

Back on topic, I don't support US troops in Iraq, nor do I support the ones in Pakistan, because you have the Vietnam situation where the US is helping people that do not want to be helped, granted that some feel welcoming. Afganistan is different though, with a pretty high approval rating of the armed forces, according to one of the writers for TIME magazine. (October issue)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 27, 2009, 08:00:29 am »

They need Marmite and Guinness.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 9