Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19

Author Topic: Paranormal Round 11 - Game Over!  (Read 35063 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Round 11 - Day 1 begins it all
« Reply #165 on: November 05, 2009, 02:07:15 pm »

The Whiteboard
Leafsnail: webadict
forsaken1111: Org, Pandarsenic
webadict: Frelock, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Leafsnail, Mr.Person, forsaken1111

The day drags on into evening, and you're all staring to get quite tired. You decide to just end it all and head to bed. Webadict has the obvious lead in votes, so Kashyyk picks up the heavy revolver from the table. Webadict just smirks a bit as the gun is leveled to his head.

"I always wanted to know what death was like" he remarks, just before Kashyyk closes his eyes and pulls the trigger.

Webadict's body slumps to the ground, but remains human. Looking through his clothing, you find a strange box and a remote control. It seems he was a Mad Scientist, and used this remote to control his Assassin Bot.

Curious. You head off, pondering why he would have done such a thing.

Ok, that's that. You can continue your conversation tomorrow. In the meantime, it is night! Send in your actions!
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Round 11 - Night 1 falls
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2009, 01:25:55 pm »

You gather in the small courthouse once again. This morning, however, you notice that Leafsnail and Jim Groovester are missing. You decide to find out what happened to them before starting the day's trials.

At Leafsnail's house it's pretty obvious what happened. The door is kicked in and Leafsnail is lying in a pool of his own blood, the body riddled with bullets. Still human, though. Searching around a bit you find psychic perfinalia and books on contacting the dead. Seems he was a Medium. Pity, no chance of him telling you who killed him now.

Heading off to Jim Groovester's house you find a horror scene. The kitchen is splashed with blood, and a pile of torn clothing is found in the corner. No sign of the body, though. You...you think it was eaten. Looking around the house you don't find anything interesting. He seems to have been a normal townsperson.

Grim tidings. You can only hope that you'll do a better job of finding the monsters today.

Day 2 has started! It will go until ~5pm Pacific Tuesday.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
Re: Paranormal Round 11 - Day 2 dawns red
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2009, 01:32:35 pm »

Just for the record, this isn't exactly going well for the town...  We're down to 8 already with no dead dopps to show for it?  Would there be 3 or 4 dopps for a 12 player start?

Also, it looks like there is a killing role about (that killed Leafsnail).  With the bullets (and because Mediums don't wonder about), I'd say we have a Vig?  This, at least, is sort of good news.  We can come back and kill off two dopps at once if we can identify them.

Unless of course the Vig happens to be a dopp.  Then we're pretty much screwed.

To start the day: forsaken, you were the scummiest looking person yesterday to have survived to today (IIRC).  What do you have to say about the situation?
You may think I'm crazy / And I think you may be right
But life is ever so much more fun / If you are the crazy one

My blog: Photography, Programming, Writing
Novels: A Sea of Stars, Confession

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2009, 01:35:11 pm »

I promised it, so here it is. Forsaken, why did you not feel the need to defend yourself yesterday?
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2009, 01:44:54 pm »

Well, because the accusations were based on smoke and shadow. There was no real reason to it. There was nothing to defend against. Would you have me simply repeat 'no you're wrong' over and over and over? When someone claims that I am scum and gives no real reason, I don't feel obligated to defend myself. If you're taken in by simple finger pointing, that's your business.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 08, 2009, 01:50:45 pm »

Facepalm

Forsaken, defending yourself is for the better, instead of not doing anything.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #171 on: November 08, 2009, 01:56:04 pm »

Org is scum.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #172 on: November 08, 2009, 02:03:13 pm »

Wait, why are we voting forsaken again?  I actually went back and read yesterday (something I suggest we all do) and came up with this:

- OMGUS here but I really don't blame him at this point.  webadict has caused us all rather much a headache this round.
- And that's about it...
- Before here he had a couple of decent responses to random vote questions.
- And then a bunch of stuff about not defending himself, but against what?

So, I'm going to unvote.  I realize that if forsaken turns scum, I just made myself look scummy as hell, but we're being entirely too focused on forsaken.

Suspicious against other people:
Mr.Person: For pushing forsaken so hard, why?
Org: Joining the anti-forsaken bandwaggon on more than one occasion and posting little else of use.

So to both of you...  Ignore for the time being forsaken's refusal to defend himself and the single OMGUS against web.  What *else* has he done?

Also, forsaken, I really hope you are town after this.  Please be more helpful than this though:

Org is scum.
Why?  It doesn't take that long to type a whole paragraph, so why do you really think that Org is scum?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #173 on: November 08, 2009, 02:06:10 pm »

I don't. The point was if someone else can successfully just point fingers randomly and claim I'm scum then why can't I? Web had no reason at all for the claim, yet so many people jumped on board despite the lack of reason that it MUST be a successful practice.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #174 on: November 08, 2009, 02:07:12 pm »

Also, I do appreciate your backing Janus. The help is not misplaced, I assure you. You pointed out what I've been saying all along.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 08, 2009, 02:08:41 pm »

I haven't voted him this day, I am only pointing out that it is not good to not even do anything.

JanusTwoface

• Bay Watcher
  • murbleblarg
    • View Profile
    • jverkamp.com
« Reply #176 on: November 08, 2009, 02:10:26 pm »

I haven't voted him this day, I am only pointing out that it is not good to not even do anything.
Coming from you this is rather amusing...

Anything more to add?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #177 on: November 08, 2009, 02:12:10 pm »

So Org, why DID you bandwagon so hard against me when the entire accusation was based on nothing but web's fancy?

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 08, 2009, 02:14:33 pm »

Well, because the accusations were based on smoke and shadow. There was no real reason to it. There was nothing to defend against. Would you have me simply repeat 'no you're wrong' over and over and over? When someone claims that I am scum and gives no real reason, I don't feel obligated to defend myself. If you're taken in by simple finger pointing, that's your business.

Vweeheehee! That's good! Unvote. Fine then, one last question. Who's the scum and why?

Now, since I hate people who ask that question but don't answer it themselves, I'm going to say my thoughts first.

Kashyyk is scum. He jumped onto the Webadict train in the scum area (3rd to 5th, usually, but 6th and 7th have scum often, too), said that me and Jim were likely scum, but he never bothered to explain why, even when asked, and lurked to hell and back, he responded to neither Webadict's nor Forsaken's late game actions.

After that, I'm less sure. Org is likely scum, he's lurking and jumping on the bandwagon late with little explanation. I know he's Org, but yeah.

Frelock disturbs me, especially with this post

Alright now you two, settle down. 

Pandar, simply calling him scum and refusing to listen won't help anything. 

Forsaken, you're just digging yourself a deeper hole.  Keep doing that; it makes tomorrow's lynch easy.

This is quite odd, since we were getting a lot of info out of Forsaken when Pand was Toony Tunneling him. Frelock, do you consider Toony Tunneling to be ineffective?

FAKEDIT: Warning - while you were typing 8 new replies have been posted. You may wish to review your post.. Glorious.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #179 on: November 08, 2009, 02:20:16 pm »

Vweeheehee! That's good! Unvote. Fine then, one last question. Who's the scum and why?
Assuming this isn't sarcasm, thank you. For scum... I am still very suspicious of Org. He bandwagon'd, gave little reason, and worked with Pandar back and forth for a bit there trying to get more people to vote against me. I don't know if lurking is Org's normal behavior, but the other stuff has me very suspicious.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 19