Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19

Author Topic: Paranormal Round 11 - Game Over!  (Read 35091 times)

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Round 11 - Day 1 begins it all
« Reply #105 on: November 03, 2009, 09:51:35 pm »

If I get another vote for a day extension I'll extend the day to 10am Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 03, 2009, 10:01:24 pm »

Day extension.

If you guys are going to say things to Webadict, please make sure they're new questions/comments or questions/commens that Webadict never responded to or didn't respond to your satisfaction.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2009, 10:03:50 pm »

Day extension.

If you guys are going to say things to Webadict, please make sure they're new questions/comments or questions/commens that Webadict never responded to or didn't respond to your satisfaction.
That would be nice. I think I missed a few things, too.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2009, 10:05:49 pm »

All right, day is extended to ~10am Pacific Thursday
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 04, 2009, 10:33:21 am »

No, it wasn't stupid. I killed him because I can't read him. Simple really. I'd rather he not WIFOM me. But, you're passivity about the whole thing and your general nonchalantness leads me to believe that you are scum. Soooo, that's one. I'm glad you're trying so hard to back up your vote.
Wait, so I'm both trying too hard and being too passive at the same time?  What are you accusing me of, webadict, other than voting you?  Sure, I don't tend to get angry and call people idiots, but that's just not what I do as town.
Meh, maybe it was just a townie mistake. IT HAPPENS GUYS. YEAH, LIKE IN BYOR MAFIA.
But firing off a random daykill before we're even out of RVS?

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2009, 02:18:29 pm »

Meph, the votecount needs to be corrected. I unvoted JanusTwoFace and voted webadict.

Day extension.

I'll go a bit further with this. I think we're all focusing too much on webadict right now, but not without good reason. webadict, if you wanted to foster a healthy town discussion, maybe you shouldn't have done something so drastic as to kill ToonyMan. There are easier ways. Like, you know, asking questions. Or making spurious accusations to see how people react.

Time for some questions to hopefully start more discussion.

Kashyyk: The only thing you've posted so far is your vote for webadict. I know there's not much to go on, but could you comment about other people in this game? Mr. Person? Leafsnail? Pandarsenic? Frelock? forsaken1111? Anybody else?

Frelock: What do you make of the votes on webadict? Justified? Unjustified? Bandwagon attempts? What are your thoughts on the people voting for webadict, and their reasons?

Org: Why did you ask forsaken1111 those silly questions? What good did it do? What's your purpose in defending webadict by suggesting what he did was a mistake?

forsaken1111 & Pandarsenic: Why are you two voting for each other again? There doesn't seem to be much reason on either side.

NUKE9.13 & JanusTwoFace: You two have been relatively inactive. Care to comment about... something? Anything?

Blech, boy is there not much to go off of.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2009, 02:23:38 pm »

The Whiteboard
Leafsnail: webadict
Pandarsenic: forsaken1111
forsaken1111: Pandarsenic
webadict: Frelock, Jim Groovester, Kashyyk, Leafsnail, Mr.Person

Let me know if there are any more issues with it.
Come play Mafia with us!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2009, 03:38:26 pm »

Forsaken and Org were being useless. Now Forsaken has ignored my questions, though perhaps he hasn't had a chance to reply. Either way...
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2009, 04:00:47 pm »

As to your address to me, Jim, it seems pretty clear.  If web is town, then the scum are hugging onto him for an easy lynch.  If he's scum, then they're bussing him thoroughly as he's gone and attracted far too much attention to himself.

To the townies, it's clear that web is likely scum; he goes and shoots "blindly" and kills a townie.  Now, a vig killing at night is one thing, but a daykill when so little had been said is something completely different.  Hence, he's a target for lynching.

I'm pretty sure that's everyone else's reasoning.  Is it justified?  Yes.  I could think all day about how Webadict is too smart to do something that stupid as scum, on how he knows that and therefore goes and does something crazy like this to throw us off.  I also consider the fact that this nets the scum very little if Web's on their team (if he's not, then they've got 2 very good townies out of the way).  However, the fact is that webadict has gone and done something incredibly foolish.  If he's scum, he's slipped up big time and will pay for it.  If he's not, we lose a vanilla townie.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2009, 04:34:01 pm »

Meph, the votecount needs to be corrected. I unvoted JanusTwoFace and voted webadict.

Day extension.

I'll go a bit further with this. I think we're all focusing too much on webadict right now, but not without good reason. webadict, if you wanted to foster a healthy town discussion, maybe you shouldn't have done something so drastic as to kill ToonyMan. There are easier ways. Like, you know, asking questions. Or making spurious accusations to see how people react.

Time for some questions to hopefully start more discussion.

Kashyyk: The only thing you've posted so far is your vote for webadict. I know there's not much to go on, but could you comment about other people in this game? Mr. Person? Leafsnail? Pandarsenic? Frelock? forsaken1111? Anybody else?

Frelock: What do you make of the votes on webadict? Justified? Unjustified? Bandwagon attempts? What are your thoughts on the people voting for webadict, and their reasons?

Org: Why did you ask forsaken1111 those silly questions? What good did it do? What's your purpose in defending webadict by suggesting what he did was a mistake?

forsaken1111 & Pandarsenic: Why are you two voting for each other again? There doesn't seem to be much reason on either side.

NUKE9.13 & JanusTwoFace: You two have been relatively inactive. Care to comment about... something? Anything?

Blech, boy is there not much to go off of.
because...well it had something to do at the time with BYOR Mafia and lolz. The ice cream...I have no idea.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2009, 04:43:46 pm »

Forsaken1111, what would be your least favorite full scum team to face?

A scumteam made of Web, Pandar, Jim, Org, and Mr. Person would be pretty formidable I would think.

Same reason everyone else voted randomly. Though now, it seems Web is our best bet. You're right about there being not much to go on yet.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2009, 04:44:39 pm »

Web, Pandar, Jim, Org, and Mr. Person
Not least because that would put us at lylo right now :P.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2009, 04:47:44 pm »

Web, Pandar, Jim, Org, and Mr. Person
Not least because that would put us at lylo right now :P.

Well yes, he asked for a 'full scumteam' though so I assumed a full game as well. :)

Kashyyk

• Bay Watcher
  • One letter short of a wookie
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2009, 05:13:50 pm »

You would've had I not killed. Obviously, it's a lame excuse to vote me.

Basically, I missed, therefore I'm scum, which is a pretty terrible excuse for voting. Also, explain how I'm a liability? I'd like to hear this one.

Yes, I would have preferred it if you hadn't randomly killed someone. It is, as many agree, a stupid thing to do, whether scum or town. Stupid towny's should be lynched and stupid scum is even better to lynch.

You are a liability because you are willing to do something rash, unexplained (in my opinion), and entirely based on Gamers Fallacy, which is just a scummy way to target town, as it has no actual meaning. Someone who is willing to do this sort of thing does not help the town in anyway, no matter how they try to disguise the act with pretty words, which is what you always do. Using your justification I should daykill you when ever I have the opportunity as I cant read you myself. That would be a stupid thing to do. If you want to do stupid things go do it in the RTD area, not here.

Well, I reckon that some of the people on the Webadict wagon are most certainly scum. Figuring them out will be difficult. Lets have a list of Webadicts Voters, shall we? There is Frelock, Mr.Person, Leafsnail, Me and Jim Groovester. People have different arguaments about which stage of a bandwagon a scum would vote in. Some say they would join the bandwagon to hide in the crowd, which would mean that Leafsnail, Me and Jim are suspect. Others say that they try to get in before the Bandwagon, to avoid this. Thus Frelock and Mr.Person would be suspect. In my opinion the scum would attempt to mix it, so if we went for one of these groups, the other would survive.

With this Logic, it would mean that either Frelock or Mr.Person is scum and either Leafsnail, Me or Jim are scum. In my opinion Mr.Person looks the most suspicious from this standpoint and either Me or Jim are the most suspicious in the other group. Since I know that I am not scum, I am able to remove myself from the list. Thus, with this logic Mr.Person and Jim look most suspicious with the Webadict bandwagon.

wow. That's my first WoT.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2009, 05:50:11 pm »

Not good enough Kashyyk, you haven't stated why you consider Frelock and Leafsnail to not be scummy.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 19