Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19

Author Topic: Paranormal Round 11 - Game Over!  (Read 35032 times)

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal Round 11 - Day 1 begins it all
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2009, 09:08:41 pm »

Hmm, I'd almost be suspicious of a Web/Nuke scumteam, and web decided to prevent Toony from tunnelvisioning Nuke into oblivion.  Of course, we all know how much web dislikes bussing, so his vote for Nuke turns me off that decision.

But really web?  You couldn't at least wait a little while to get a feeling for who was scum and who was town?  I admit, a mad scientist with an assassin bot should use his equipment d1(after all, I pioneered that strategy), but you could have at least waited and hear people actually talking.  Random voting is good, random lynching is bad, and random daykilling is just plain stupid.
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2009, 09:12:19 pm »

My opinion: the plan I suggested is something web would definitely have thought of, among others. Additionally, if Web was town, I fully suspect he would have used it to give us an extra lynch D1.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Your bone is the best Pandar honey. The best.
YOUR BONE IS THE BEST PANDAR
[Cheeetar] Pandar doesn't have issues, he has style.
Fuck off, you fucking fucker-fuck :I

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2009, 09:15:16 pm »

Webadict, are you sure you aren't a Doppelganger who OMNOMNOM'd a Mad Scientist, stole his assassin bot, and used it to ensure:
1) Toony's death
2) A good reason to go after another Townie

By any chance?
Well, I'm sure, but you're no doubt left wondering if I had set that up. I can only assure you that I am, in fact, merely human. But, I do have a fancy car or something.

And yes, that would be ridiculously sinister. I'll use it next time I'm scum Mad Scientist. Well, no I won't but I'll make you think that next I'm scum with a Mad Scientist in play. And if you think that's true, feel free to lynch me. I'm usually a better player from beyond the grave anyhow, but I can ascertain a Medium is in the game.

Why did you use a bot D1? Its so bad, because you will probably hit townies like us!
You seem like scum too. I should've hit you instead. And if I had saved my Assassin Bot, it'd no doubt be only useful for scum to do it. The scum can wait until... what, 7p? A big boom later, and we have a loss.

I'd prefer to at least be able to use my ability, too.

Hmm, I'd almost be suspicious of a Web/Nuke scumteam, and web decided to prevent Toony from tunnelvisioning Nuke into oblivion.  Of course, we all know how much web dislikes bussing, so his vote for Nuke turns me off that decision.

But really web?  You couldn't at least wait a little while to get a feeling for who was scum and who was town?  I admit, a mad scientist with an assassin bot should use his equipment d1(after all, I pioneered that strategy), but you could have at least waited and hear people actually talking.  Random voting is good, random lynching is bad, and random daykilling is just plain stupid.
... Nah. I didn't want to take the chance of another MS daykilling me. Stupid as that sounds, I'd prefer to live long enough to kill someone.

My opinion: the plan I suggested is something web would definitely have thought of, among others. Additionally, if Web was town, I fully suspect he would have used it to give us an extra lynch D1.
Have to disagree with you there. I don't care for what anyone else thinks, because the majority of people tend to be wrong. I do too, but at least then I can only blame myself for failing. If the town felt like idiots, we'd get nowhere fast. Therefore, I'm going to kill as soon as I can, to avoid the WIFOM.

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2009, 09:23:57 pm »

Unvote. A fair enough defense but if you're alive in on D3 I'm going to vote for you in accordance with my Webadict Survives Too Long To Be Town Rule.

Jim Groovestar, what do you think of all of this?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Org

• Bay Watcher
  • Daring Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2009, 09:27:32 pm »

Webadict, are you sure you aren't a Doppelganger who OMNOMNOM'd a Mad Scientist, stole his assassin bot, and used it to ensure:
1) Toony's death
2) A good reason to go after another Townie

By any chance?
Well, I'm sure, but you're no doubt left wondering if I had set that up. I can only assure you that I am, in fact, merely human. But, I do have a fancy car or something.

And yes, that would be ridiculously sinister. I'll use it next time I'm scum Mad Scientist. Well, no I won't but I'll make you think that next I'm scum with a Mad Scientist in play. And if you think that's true, feel free to lynch me. I'm usually a better player from beyond the grave anyhow, but I can ascertain a Medium is in the game.

Why did you use a bot D1? Its so bad, because you will probably hit townies like us!
You seem like scum too. I should've hit you instead. And if I had saved my Assassin Bot, it'd no doubt be only useful for scum to do it. The scum can wait until... what, 7p? A big boom later, and we have a loss.

I'd prefer to at least be able to use my ability, too.

... Nah. I didn't want to take the chance of another MS daykilling me. Stupid as that sounds, I'd prefer to live long enough to kill someone.

Have to disagree with you there. I don't care for what anyone else thinks, because the majority of people tend to be wrong. I do too, but at least then I can only blame myself for failing. If the town felt like idiots, we'd get nowhere fast. Therefore, I'm going to kill as soon as I can, to avoid the WIFOM.
I see what you mean now.

Frelock

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2009, 09:34:30 pm »

... Nah. I didn't want to take the chance of another MS daykilling me.

...Really?
All generalizations are false....including this one.

Mr.Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2009, 09:41:46 pm »

So you aren't even going to bother hearing what we all say? Sure, the rest of the town might be wrong or whatever, but I could of told you that you'd be wrong after hearing a couple of random votes from a small portion of the town.

And then you admit you shot with Gambler's Fallacy? Good job, you just randomly killed somebody! Congratulations, Webadict! I don't care what you say, if you didn't want to look like scum, you shouldn't of shot in the scummiest way possible.
Youtube video of the year, all years.
Hmm...I've never been a big fan of CCGs - I mean, I did and still do collect Pokemon cards, but I never got heavily into the battling and trading thing.

By definition that makes you a fan since you still buy them.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2009, 09:53:58 pm »

So you aren't even going to bother hearing what we all say? Sure, the rest of the town might be wrong or whatever, but I could of told you that you'd be wrong after hearing a couple of random votes from a small portion of the town.

And then you admit you shot with Gambler's Fallacy? Good job, you just randomly killed somebody! Congratulations, Webadict! I don't care what you say, if you didn't want to look like scum, you shouldn't of shot in the scummiest way possible.
Uh huh. Uh huh... Soooo... I should've taken my time to look like town because I care what everyone thinks about how I look and am so dedicated to thinking about what they're looking for that I should only do that and nothing else?

Right... OR, how about this: I shoot someone that, as scum, would've WIFOMed me too much, or, as town, has a tendency to hit scum a ridiculously high amount with his first vote.

And you're wrong. The scummiest way to kill people is to wait until lylo.

So, I'll go for the whole "I don't care what you think" argument, and continue on with this game, instead of refusing to scumhunt, you quitter, whiney baby. Oh, and your mother.

Did I mention that your IQ is likely below 80?

Anyhow, back to the game:
... Nah. I didn't want to take the chance of another MS daykilling me.

...Really?
Yes really. I'm paranoid like that. I get a role and I'm afraid there's always another one out there just like mine. Now I have no chance of being daykilled, except as WIFOM.

Unvote. A fair enough defense but if you're alive in on D3 I'm going to vote for you in accordance with my Webadict Survives Too Long To Be Town Rule.

Jim Groovestar, what do you think of all of this?
Well, I really hate that rule, but I'll just say that "We'll see." Fair enough?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2009, 09:58:56 pm »

Fine.

And I know you hate that rule, but you hate it because it's RIGHT.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2009, 10:00:46 pm »

Fine.

Only a fair majority of the time. But, this time I'm not!

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2009, 10:02:38 pm »

Fine.

NOT FALLING FOR IT THIS TIME GOOD SIR.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2009, 10:03:07 pm »

Fine.

EBWOP: Wait, how do you know you're going to survive until the 3rd day....?
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2009, 10:04:15 pm »

Forsaken, who are your favorite scum buddies, and what type of Ice Cream do you dislike?

Well Org, IF I were scum I'd want Toony and Jim as scum buddies. Toony because he distracts people from the real threat by being silly and harmless, and Jim because I think he's capable of planning and executing a long-term strategy.

...and ask forsaken who he'd least like to be scum.

I wouldn't want Mr. Person to be scum because in the past he isn't one of the ones I've noticed who is prone to scumtells.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2009, 10:06:20 pm »

Fine.

EBWOP: Wait, how do you know you're going to survive until the 3rd day....?
Because it's better to assume I'll survive, then to not. That way, I have a better chance of being NKed than mislynched.

Not that your WIFOM helped, mind you, but yes. Are you assuming you won't survive until the third Day to lynch me? Or what?

Forsaken, who are your favorite scum buddies, and what type of Ice Cream do you dislike?

Well Org, IF I were scum I'd want Toony and Jim as scum buddies. Toony because he distracts people from the real threat by being silly and harmless, and Jim because I think he's capable of planning and executing a long-term strategy.

...and ask forsaken who he'd least like to be scum.

I wouldn't want Mr. Person to be scum because in the past he isn't one of the ones I've noticed who is prone to scumtells.
I like your answers. But, what about me? Yes or no?

Pandarsenic

• Bay Watcher
  • FABULOUS Gunslinger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2009, 10:08:03 pm »

You're not exactly Mr. WIFOM-free y'self, Web.

I figure it's likely Mafia will leave me alive to Day 3 hoping I'll vote you. Then I'll think "that's what they want me to do!" and not vote you. Then you'll be scum.
FUCK

I need to stop this, I'm WIFOMing MYSELF.
KARATE CHOP TO THE SOUL
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 19