Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7

Author Topic: What are you like drunk?  (Read 7841 times)

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
Re: What are you like drunk?
« Reply #30 on: October 26, 2009, 12:05:54 pm »

I think it should be a bannable offence. Teetotallers are less dwarfy than elves.
  And curiously enough, being raised by a connisieur of beers has made me think that beer for the sake of beer is not worth it unless it actually tastes good.  Traditional family trait, that line of thought.
Agreed. All that stuff was real, premium ale, and to be honest, set me back quite a bit. Totally worth it though, I could probably still give you a list.
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #31 on: October 26, 2009, 12:10:06 pm »

I don't drink, but if I did I'd be the coolest drunk ever.
I was the same way. You know, I actually waited until the legal age to start drinking. Amazingly I am still quite rational when drunk. If anything I feel more lucid and aware of my surroundings, and I make sure of it. If anything, the most "negative effect" it has on me is that I'm a more social person. And one hell of a gamer (Darts, Galaga, arcade bowling). I think I have dwarven qualities. I seem to perform better when drunk, and I'm not just saying that either.

Of course, after one too many, I just get tired. My hangovers feel like I've been asleep for 12 hours or more, despite regular sleeping hours slept. Good and bad. I mean, I feel both the recovery of it, but also the bed sore feeling of it simultaneously. Oddly enough, I wake up earlier than usual with my hangovers. Sans alarm clock too. ??? I guess the more drunk I get, the more tired I get; instead of losing inhibitions, I lose energy.

One thing I can confirm about waiting until the right age to drink; after introduction to alcohol (which is hellishly unfamiliar territory once you start for the first time; IE- traditional spinning room feelings and etc.), you become a freaking tank. I mean, it would take liquor to get me properly drunk. I mean, beer has no effect on me until after maybe 4 bottles/cans minimum. As for something like Jagermeister (straight up; not Jager-bomb), that stuff doesn't take long to feel the effects, but it still takes about 2 for me to get a good buzz, another 2 to get me a good level of drunk, and maybe 2 more to hammer me, 2 more after that, I'm the local god of alcohol then.

Apparently my town consists of lightweights. I mean, 2 Jagers are enough to get them drunk, and 1 more hammers them. Of course, I've cut back since ages ago. Can't afford to go out all the time, and I've been limited to a beer or 2 on occasion. Plus, the social atmosphere was no longer worth it anyway.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2009, 12:15:29 pm »

Alcohol takes away inhibitors to behavior. Basically the thoughts in the back of your mind that tell you not to do things.

Though there is a reason why it is there and it also explains why some people get "Angry Drunk".

I couldn't get drunk if I tried. Beer tastes like Fermented Grain so I'd never be able to get it down. I drank more beer as a child (being given sips by my dad) then as a legal adult.

Unfortunately there is a lot of people who want me to get used to alcohol for social situations. You know incase I get invited to a bar.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2009, 12:17:28 pm »

Beer tastes like Fermented Grain so I'd never be able to get it down.

I can't imagine why it would taste like that to you.
Shoes...

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2009, 12:29:23 pm »

I had some wine during my visit to my fathers home country, Portugal.

I was ehh about it. Seems being a descendant of a wine-drinking country, I have the constitution of a horse and I'll have to endure several bitter-tasting drinks that burn my throat before getting a buzz. As for wine flavors, that requires one to get that taste acquired. I really don't feel like making an effort to pick up a habit that will likely get me addicted.

So yup. If my future wife drinks I might get into it just enough to get a slight buzz when she is in the mood for it. Otherwise I guess I'll be a passive teetotaller .
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2009, 12:30:56 pm »

Beer tastes like Fermented Grain so I'd never be able to get it down.

I can't imagine why it would taste like that to you.

Beyond the fact that, that is what beer is.

I really can't stand the taste of alcohol and it makes me feel ill rather quickly.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 26, 2009, 12:57:31 pm »

I once tasted my dad's rum.  I didn't even close my mouth before trying to spit it out.  It was *sip* then before I knew it,"blegh."  It burned.

I did once do a convincing impersonation of a drunk.  Probably helped that I was holding one of those brown-glass rootbeer bottles, and had a few more in the rain jacket I had been wearing at the time.
"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
  • Si Hoc Legere Scis Nimium Eruditionis Habes
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 26, 2009, 01:34:37 pm »

As for the amount to get me drunk... Maybe 4 shots of 80% absinthe.
Oh yeah baby, you know you like it.  Now stop crying and get in my lungs.
Boil your penis. I'm convinced that's how it happened.
My HoM.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 26, 2009, 02:36:22 pm »

As for the amount to get me drunk... Maybe 4 shots of 80% absinthe.

O_O

I hope this is an untested theory.

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 26, 2009, 02:37:43 pm »

Untested? More like rigorously tested. One more and I have trouble standing.
My HoM.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 26, 2009, 02:38:24 pm »

talkative, very very talkative

which is bad, because I am also very loud
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2009, 02:39:20 pm »

Untested? More like rigorously tested. One more and I have trouble standing.

O_O

Maybe someone should call the police... isn't Absinthe supposed to be illegal? (well In France)

Jreengus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2009, 02:45:13 pm »

I'm in England it was never popular enough for them to bother to ban it here. Also FYI I'm talking real absinthe, you can get aniseed flavored green liquor in France but it isn't made using wormwood, it also no longer has that poisonous green colouring used anywhere anymore.

Anyhow absinthe is great and I heartily recommend it to anyone who like me is in love with the flavour of aniseed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:48:42 pm by thatguyyaknow »
My HoM.

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 26, 2009, 03:38:00 pm »

I couldn't get drunk if I tried. Beer tastes like Fermented Grain so I'd never be able to get it down. I drank more beer as a child (being given sips by my dad) then as a legal adult.

Unfortunately there is a lot of people who want me to get used to alcohol for social situations. You know incase I get invited to a bar.

There's a lot more to alcohol than beer.  Ciders like Strongbow or Hornsby's have similar alcohol content without the grain taste, and of course there's wine, mixed drinks etc.  A lot of mixers tend to disguise the alcohol taste, so unless you're hyper-attuned to it, there's still hope for you.

As for me, when drunk, I'm very mellow, a better pool player, tend to tell everyone how awesome they are, and get really snuggly around certain people.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 03:43:12 pm by Footkerchief »

Maggarg - Eater of chicke

• Bay Watcher
  • His Maleficent Magnificence of Nur
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 26, 2009, 03:42:35 pm »

I'm in England it was never popular enough for them to bother to ban it here. Also FYI I'm talking real absinthe, you can get aniseed flavored green liquor in France but it isn't made using wormwood, it also no longer has that poisonous green colouring used anywhere anymore.

Anyhow absinthe is great and I heartily recommend it to anyone who like me is in love with the flavour of aniseed.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I like aniseed :3
...I keep searching for my family's raw files, for modding them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 7