Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Marathon Let's Play: X-COM!  (Read 19001 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marathon Let's Play: X-COM!
« Reply #105 on: November 02, 2009, 08:45:59 pm »

He holds his stun rod lovingly. "I loves my stunny boy, loves him I do." He kisses the exposed end, giving himself a sharp shock. "Not like the cursed pew pew stick." He looks over at his laser rifle, cast harshly to the end of his bunk. "Pew pew stick not work. Pew pew get in the way of stunny boy. Why can't I just hold you, stunny boy? Why? Why?" He strokes the shaft of the rod with a hand and gives the end another kiss, again shocking himself badly. "If only I could have a smaller pewpew. Then I wouldn't have to divide my attention away from stunny boy so bad. Oh well, time for bed stunny boy." He smiles and gives the stun rod one more sloppy kiss, this one lasting until he himself is knocked out cold from the shock.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: November 02, 2009, 09:57:16 pm »

Dairy of J. Stalvern, june 1999

I have been spa U.S. marine for eighteen years and now I beend recited by the UAC X-COM and have gotted a palsma riffle to kill the dem aliena.

I did not see the aliens but I had expected them now for years.  My warnings were not listenend to and now it is to late.  All we can do now is must kill the aliens.

The X-COM sent us to where the aliens were killing and shooting the people and told us to kill the aliens.  I took out my plasmea rifle and tried to blew them up, but then the door closed and I was trapped in the ship and not able to kill.

Damn, I really just can't write bad fanfiction.  That was a terrible attempt at being horrible.

Anyways, I notice you don't seem to have any hyperwave decoders.  This is ESSENTIAL TECHNOLOGY.  Focus on nabbing a live alien navigator and then working out the rest.  If you've got stun bombs and launchers, figure 'em out so you can try using them to such an effect.

If not, then at least it'll give sluissa something to do with that rod of his.

The powered one, of course.  I imagine it would take quite a while for him to stun something by-...  Eh, nevermind...

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #107 on: November 03, 2009, 08:21:02 am »

IIRC, we have hyperwave tech, but I'm not sure if any have been built yet.

If I'm correct, we do need to crank them out at the bases, but we might not have the funds to do them yet.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #108 on: November 03, 2009, 01:23:16 pm »

Spoiler: Combat Report (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Personal Log (click to show/hide)

I'm having fun with this. Let's take our time before kicking some serious alien arse.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2009, 02:29:42 pm by Itnetlolor »

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: November 03, 2009, 08:31:06 pm »

BUILD US SOME MICROHYPERWAVE LASORZ DETECTORS
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: November 04, 2009, 03:30:52 pm »

Hovertanks. That is all.

In the last few minutes, a UFO was sighted by Area 12's radar systems. McFrederick was first to the Interceptors and managed to down it in the Gulf of Mexico.

In other news:

Now we should be able to see exactly what the UFOs that we sight are here for, and we should be able to see what alien species is crewing it. Let's hope we get to put the Decoder to work.

Okay. Maybe the Hyperwave Decoder wasn't the greatest thing to come along this week. Obamarama will take the tank out for its first spin, then Ruckus, then they'll probably alternate between each other (Assuming the tank lasts that long).

And Obamarama's going to have his first shot in the new tank against a brand new alien species. As far as our Decoder has shown, the species is called the "Mutons", and they aren't the brightest aliens we've seen so far. If only there was a way to take advantage of that. Oh well.

It seems not, the first shot from McFrederick's Interceptor completely annihilated it, along with all the crew.

Maybe this'll be better. McFrederick's already been deployed.

Never. Mind.

Ah, now we're talking. The other Interceptor's been deployed for this one. And maybe we'll see how the plasma-hovertank performs in combat.

That's not good.

That's really quite bad, actually.

Two UFOs, and only one Skyranger to take them out. Definitely not good.

McFrederick brought one down, the other UFO was destroyed by the plasma shots of the other Interceptor. Time to see how the new Tank holds up in combat.

Obamarama: Oh hell yes

Obamarama: Plasma Tank: 1
Snakemen: 0

Undead Benito Mussolini: What was that, Tank Man? I think I just evened the scores a bit.

Obamarama: I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of this awesome tank.

Obamarama: And another one bites the dust.

Spartan 117: Well...that was quick.

Debriefing

I really don't have anything to say. Another mission well done.

Anyway, I'm a bit busy at the moment. I shall have to finish off July's entry tomorrow. See you until next time, Diary.

End of Chapter 12
[/u][/b]

Reader's Decision

Sorry for the abrupt end, it gets rather boring after this point. So I need suggestions to spice it up. Firstly, research, I've got the guys at Revolver Station working on story-based research trees, and the guys at Spacewhale HQ are just sitting on their arses all day, waiting for inspiration to strike (They are technically researching Lightnings, but they aren't making much progress). What should we do once we've researched every X-Com craft?

Also, manufacturing. We've managed to make a plasma hovertank but that's pretty much sapped our entire reserve of Elerium. What should we focus on making now?

Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: November 04, 2009, 03:34:57 pm »

Well, you could always make Lazer cannons to sell. Those don't use Elerium and make a nice profit.

As for research...what do we have left?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: November 04, 2009, 03:50:52 pm »

Yeah? Do we have power armor?

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: November 04, 2009, 04:22:14 pm »

After careful thought, I've decided that there's not much point in drawing it out. Go for the victory when you're ready, so you can have Fun in TFTD.

No hovertank in the UFO? I thought that type got a hole in the top when their power cores went boom.

Log of McFrederick:
I love these plasma cannons! Accurate, long ranged, powerful, and nearly unlimited ammo. Haha, I bet McKyle is turning over in his grave at how far I've come.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: November 04, 2009, 04:31:10 pm »

I choose option C: Play X-COM Interceptor and mine Elerium there.

JK, I wouldn't make anyone suffer through that. I agree with the Laser Cannon option, it sounds like it'd be good. However, I think it's safe to say that Elerium is fully necessary (specifically for tanks) and must be acquired as often as possible.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: November 04, 2009, 04:36:26 pm »

Most people, I hear, tend to have massive amounts of Elerium.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: November 04, 2009, 05:10:22 pm »

Nabbing more E-115 is going to be tricky what with the now rather incredible firepower your interceptors have.  I would suggest rummaging through your stores to see if you've got a Stingray launcher or something so that you can semi-nerf the jet.  Just replace one side and see if that's enough of a total firepower reduction to keep them intact.  The beam's got a longer range than the Stingray too, so with cautious attacks you won't use up any missiles.

Also, I was actually planning on trying out a TFTD thread.  To fill in the gap between UFO and Apocalypse.  Don't know if I actually will though, I need to see if the damned thing will work properly.  But it would have the added plus of being an LP of my first time playing TFTD...  That might be interesting.

Akigagak

• Bay Watcher
  • Omnipimping
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: November 04, 2009, 05:13:47 pm »

Especially as TFTD is BASTARD hard.
But then, life was also easier when I was running around here pretending to be a man, so I guess I should just "man up" and get back to work.
This is mz poetrz, it is mz puyyle.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: November 04, 2009, 05:15:44 pm »

Yer just go for the mission mars now.

what gun has my guy have and I call a place in the new team for TFTD!

Extract from the journal of Metal Militia II
It's getting quiet boring standing in the skyranger and staring outside while listening to others have fun, If only I had a roket launcher or something really huge that rip a target apart then I might be needed.

Might try to nab one from the weapon rack next time.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: November 04, 2009, 05:26:22 pm »

Especially as TFTD is BASTARD hard.

Not to mention hilariously buggy in potentiall game-breaking ways.  As such, I would be playing on beginner and using XComUtil to even things out a teensy bit.  Not much, mind you.  For instance, the "infinite gauss ammo" thing sits a bit strangely with me, but if the vets recommend it, then I'll yield.

I maintain that I'm perfectly within my rights to do all this.  Not only because TFTD can be stupidly hard in ways it wasn't meant to be, but also because my total experience with the series equates to one game of XCOM EU that's made it far enough to see one encounter with Mutons (plus a base attack, but I was cheesing that by sitting on the elevators and waiting past turn 20, so it doesn't really count).  Ooh yeah, I is experienced veteran.

Besides...  Losing is fun.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11