Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11

Author Topic: Marathon Let's Play: X-COM!  (Read 19002 times)

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Marathon Let's Play: X-COM!
« Reply #90 on: November 01, 2009, 11:02:41 pm »

Una camisa rojo, por favor.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 02, 2009, 07:12:50 am »

wow I go for two days and BAM!

Well my guy died in a good way, a rifle in his hands firmly loged in some greys brain matter.

If I'm allowed another guy as there is now an immense torrent of people snapping up redshirts I'd like a dude:

name: Metal Militia II

profession: Heavy Weapons guy

weapon: biggest handheld weapon you got going

description: after Metal Militia's heroic death, his request to be cloned was re-evaluated and granted. The newest Metal seems to be able to sling any heavy gun like a pro, able to hit targets with pin point accuracy but when using small arms he well resought to using it to beat the test bummies rather than
shooting them

If not possible I'd like to take the head of the reasearch team, naming him Barry Burton

Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 02, 2009, 07:15:36 am »

Putting Barry in a place where he can't possibly be killed? GENIUS!
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: November 02, 2009, 07:20:38 am »

Also if he "Some how" dies we will clone him again and again, just like Kikoskia did! But we will not let the Ethreals send there wrath on us.

Mr Tk

• Bay Watcher
  • Would you like a mint? It's only waffer thin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: November 02, 2009, 08:38:25 am »

Also if he "Some how" dies we will clone him again and again, just like Kikoskia did!

As soon as I saw you wanted a guy named Barry I though of Kikoskia. I was thinking of getting a character named Foster but realised that it would only be a poor imitation of the real thing.
First ten minutes of play I ate my loincloth and then got some limbs torn off by a super friendly rat. Thumbs up from me.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: November 02, 2009, 08:56:44 am »

Yes that LP is legendary.

I still have the barr clones and name my commanders sud-[insert name]

DI7789

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: November 02, 2009, 03:33:06 pm »

Chapter 11: .

One of my MI6 superiors contacted me today to say he wanted me to construct a new facility for X-Com in Asia. Who was I to say no?

The base's full name is Revolver Station, after an old suggestion for the North American base. It shall mainly server as a way of detecting UFOs in that region, but may occasionally be called to deal with small UFO recoveries.

Also, one of the Redshirts came forward today and informed me of his name. It shall be recorded as such from now on.

Also, some new soldiers have been enlisted. They haven't arrived yet, but I know their names are as follows:

• ZChris13
  • Nibbles
  • Metal Militia II
  • Sluissa
  • Joseph Stalvern

Not two seconds after DF Newb had introduced himself, the sirens went off.

The UFO was sighted over the border between USA and Canada, by the time McFrederick had gotten there the UFO had left radar range. Oh well, at least now the new recruits have arrived.

Metal Militia II is an interesting one, apparently before he died, Metal Militia applied for some top-secret research programme that examined the effects of cloning. I'm guessing they got some satisfactory results. Anyway, I've got my monthly meeting coming up. Wish me luck.

Okay, so apparently Russia and India have been suffering from UFO activity. I'm going to have to investigate this eventually.

Hmm, this is bigger than the ones we've seen so far. I've ordered McFrederick's co-pilot out to deal with it.

No word from his copilot yet. But I did get this bit of disturbing news. Unfortunately, with a plasma tank still under construction, the men will have to face it alone. I wish them good luck.

ZChris13: Snakeman!

ZChris13: Hey, this is kinda fun.

Sluissa: Oh my...what is that?

Undead Benito Mussolini: Bug, squish it.

ZChris13: Done.

ZChris13: And another.

Spartan 117: Leave some for us, Chris.

Sir Snipesalot: Another one coming at us!

Sluissa: Got it.

Spartan 117: The new guys are doing pretty well, eh?

ZChris13: Hey, what's tha-

Spartan 117: Watch out!

Spartan 117: Damnit, someone get whoever shot Chris, I'll attend to him.

Fritz: Snakeman down.

Undead Benito Mussolini: Another Snakeman heading for you guys. I'll grenade 'im.

Undead Benito Mussolini: Either I vaporised him, or he did a runner...wait, shit, there's a grenade here!

Undead Benito Mussolini: Hell yeah, this armour wins.

Spartan 117: Damn, civilian down.

Undead Benito Mussolini: I think I got the one that did it. Hmm...I wonder what's around-

Undead Benito Mussolini: Oh Jesus!

Undead Benito Mussolini: Oh God, that was scary.

ZChris13: ...enough of that damn pastry...I'm awake, I'm awake!

Spartan 117: Pastry?

ZChris13: Hm? What pastry?

Undead Benito Mussolini: Got another one.

Undead Benito Mussolini: And another.

Debriefing

A well done mission, there were no casualties. I wish some of the new blood had a better chance to get involved in the alien slaughter, but can't have everything, I guess.

Woo, first promotions in about 8 updates

Anyway, I think that's good for another entry. I'll continue July's entry next time. Hopefully we should have some...*ahem*, new models of tank by then. (Ruckus and Obamarama sounded quite happy when I told them).

End of Chapter 11

Readers' Decision

Since there isn't much happening at the moment. And research hasn't really gotten very far (Damn lazy scientists), what do you guys think I should do about this:

Are you going to rush off for the endgame as soon as it's viable, or are you going to sit back and enjoy swatting aside the petty alien invasion for a while?

Your opinions?
Gone on hiatus due to RL. Major apologies to all involved in LP thread.

sluissa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: November 02, 2009, 03:53:29 pm »

Find some alien bases. (Guessing there's probably some in russia, australia or india.) And do raids on the supply ships to enhance the coffers. Only do it for the easier races, floaters, snakemen and maybe mutons if you've got everyone outfitted with decent weaponry.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: November 02, 2009, 03:56:50 pm »

go for swatting alien invasion intill it gets boring then go launch the space mission

Extract from the journal of Metal Militia II
It's weird being a clone and meeting the people my predessecor did. I asked around and found out how he died, people were worried about me knowing but it's comfiting to know that I, he, we, took 3 sectoids down and also highlighted the communication problem instead of another as I think he was the only one on the top secret cloning list.

Any way, The first mission was boring, sat about and let other people do the work. Hope I can do more next mission.

CJ1145

• Bay Watcher
  • *Insert Meme Here*
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: November 02, 2009, 04:19:37 pm »

Diary of Roald "Ruckus"

Dear Diary,

A new attack on the city of Dallas was launched earlier today. I once lived in Houston, very nice area. At least, until the aliens attacked. It was actually a terror assault in the area that convinced me to join the organization known as X-COM.

On a brighter note, the new tanks are nearly finished, I am told. Hopefully since I cannot seem to find action as a foot soldier, I can find it as a tank pilot.
This being Homestuck, I'm not sure whether that's post-scratch Rose or Vriska with a wig.

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: November 02, 2009, 04:42:29 pm »

I heartily approve of this new battle armor. It not only saves us from harm, it improves our chances of actually getting to and patching up a wounded comrade.

I suppose this Heavy Plasma is all right. It's light enough, and certainly packs a whollop!

I think we should probably try to get to the end game sooner rather then later. X-Com LPs tend to die because the game drags on too long and the player gets bored.
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: November 02, 2009, 04:44:43 pm »

actualy juusing a small team to research story based research will keep the game going for a while.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: November 02, 2009, 06:42:40 pm »

On a scale of 1 to 10, how much ass was I kicking at the beginning?
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned

Eidalac

• Bay Watcher
  • Ecchi Inside
    • View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #103 on: November 02, 2009, 08:06:45 pm »

I say have one small group of scientists focused on doing the research needed to get to the endgame for now; that way if the action starts to drag, we can make a bee-line.  Otherwise, I say keep the war going for now.
is he okay?
In the traditional sense of the word?  No, he's been dissolved in magma.

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: November 02, 2009, 08:19:03 pm »

Research more into the alien tech, like alien grenades. Those are fun.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 11