Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Megaproject Help: Vault 10  (Read 4571 times)

Foa

• Bay Watcher
  • And I thought foxfire was stylish in winter.
    • View Profile
Re: Megaproject Help: Vault 10
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2009, 10:22:34 pm »

If you want to have dyed suits that are all the same color, why don't you dye the thread/cloth you are going to use for the vault suits!

Oh, and the best bulkheads use bridges and floodgates! ( Raised bridges are invincible when they are behind a moat, and fill the moat with repeating spikes! )

I'll come back with an image.

Paradox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2009, 10:27:52 pm »

Wait, can you actually breed goblins/elves/humans if you capture male/female?

Say, human for example. Take a male and a female that you captured. Put them in a room in cages together. Link the cages to levers outside the room and seal it off. Can you release them and have them breed in that sealed room over and over? Do you need to feed them?

By the way, if you need perpetual motion designs, ask me. I made a really good one and as for wells, yes, you can. I think (if done right...).
I'll take anything you've got.

Paradox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2009, 10:30:13 pm »

If you want to have dyed suits that are all the same color, why don't you dye the thread/cloth you are going to use for the vault suits!

Oh, and the best bulkheads use bridges and floodgates! ( Raised bridges are invincible when they are behind a moat, and fill the moat with repeating spikes! )

Can the repeating spikes be done with fluid logic?

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2009, 10:36:12 pm »

Very simple fluid logic, it is called the repeater.
I can help you with the perpetual generator also, oh, and, you need to be able to tame the humanoids then breed them, then tame their children, guaranteed to civilize them!

HERE IS THE DOUBLE BULKHEAD, DOUBLE SIEGE WALL DESIGN!!!
Just pull four switches, and you are allowed in. ( Switch a and b open the floodgates, and allows access to switches c and d which lowers the bridges )
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:43:23 pm by Foa »

Paradox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2009, 10:47:21 pm »

Very simple fluid logic, it is called the repeater.
I can help you with the perpetual generator also, oh, and, you need to be able to tame the humanoids then breed them, then tame their children, guaranteed to civilize them!

HERE IS THE DOUBLE BULKHEAD, DOUBLE SIEGE WALL DESIGN!!!
Just pull four switches, and you are allowed in. ( Switch a and b open the floodgates, and allows access to switches c and d which lowers the bridges )

Oh yes, that's beautiful.  Is there any way to see the rest?
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:49:28 pm by Paradox »

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2009, 10:51:45 pm »

Let me get back onto DFPaint... yes, it exists, and yes, that is how I made that dwarven buggy image...

Oh, and ask me what you want to see... I'm making the moat area right now.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 10:54:20 pm by Foa »

Paradox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2009, 10:57:37 pm »

Let me get back onto DFPaint... yes, it exists, and yes, that is how I made that dwarven buggy image...

Oh, and ask me what you want to see... I'm making the moat area right now.
The perpetual motion machine and fluid logic are what I need to see the most.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2009, 11:02:20 pm »

Here is the moat of epic hostility.
Red is for the blood of the heathens.

Oh, and I can refer you to a few places, but, how much power do you need?

Paradox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2009, 11:05:19 pm »

I'm really more concerned with space than power, something that fits within a space twenty-five square would be ideal.  I'd also appreciate some links to general info on perpetual motion and fluid logic, the wiki doesn't have enough for me.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2009, 11:10:15 pm »

The second design for perpetual motion on the wiki, works wonders. Just make in a larger scale. Thats what I did. You just have your dwarves fill it via buckets, but it cant be 7/7 with water, else it wont run. To start, have a dwarf hand pump the screw pump when water level hits about... eh.. 5/7. Then tell the dwarves to stop pouring in water.
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Paradox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2009, 11:13:10 pm »

The second design for perpetual motion on the wiki, works wonders. Just make in a larger scale. Thats what I did. You just have your dwarves fill it via buckets, but it cant be 7/7 with water, else it wont run. To start, have a dwarf hand pump the screw pump when water level hits about... eh.. 5/7. Then tell the dwarves to stop pouring in water.
Wait, you can have dwarfs fill something up using buckets?  How do you do that?

Paradox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2009, 11:15:57 pm »

That second design for perpetual motion on the wiki actually looks pretty good.  I'd have what, seventy-five excess power?  That would probably work.  I might put it on the top level instead of the bottom.

They Got Leader

• Bay Watcher
  • Current Fortress:
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2009, 11:20:05 pm »

i -> highlight channeled out area* -> p (designate pit/pond) -> P (Set Pit/Pond Info) -> f until it says "is pond (not full)"

(for practice, highlight a murky pool, from ground level, as if you were designating a fishing source)
Quote from: Urist McDwarfFortress
You do not understand the ways of Toady One. He is not a business, he's just a guy trying to make a fun game. He's invited people to come along and experience the journey with him (and help him test it out as he goes along). At the end of the day, I don't think his main goal is to sell Dwarf Fortress, its just to create the best game possible.

Paradox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2009, 11:26:17 pm »

i -> highlight channeled out area* -> p (designate pit/pond) -> P (Set Pit/Pond Info) -> f until it says "is pond (not full)"

(for practice, highlight a murky pool, from ground level, as if you were designating a fishing source)
That will actually be quite useful.  Thanks.

Foa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2009, 11:29:26 pm »

Plan is made, estimated power output: +9000p
Size ( without outer walls ) : 25^2
Size ( with outer walls ) : 27^2

Plan printing... [Pending]
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4