Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: Torchlight  (Read 26331 times)

Sowelu

• Bay Watcher
  • I am offishially a penguin.
    • View Profile
Re: Torchlight
« Reply #60 on: November 06, 2009, 11:18:19 pm »

Wake me when their demo isn't the only Steam game that I've ever seen crash on my machine.  :<
Some things were made for one thing, for me / that one thing is the sea~
His servers are going to be powered by goat blood and moonlight.
Oh, a biomass/24 hour solar facility. How green!

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 07, 2009, 05:09:35 am »

The latest version (which updated yesterday) crashed your machine? As in like, full BOSD//Restart?
I'd post about it and your specs on their forums.

-----

Designed the starting armor. Unsure what to do with the hair, thinking about leaving it half bald and making short hair that goes from above the earline and down.
I don't want to make it too complicated nor too long due to how it would interact with the model. Having a creativity block on it at the moment anyway. The chest area will have a more fleshed out shirt/vest/whatever design, but I'll think of it later.

The armor in the beginning is most likely going to be pieces taken from other classes and scaled//tweaked to fit the dwarf model. This will make it so the class itself will be able to be modded into the game as soon as possible. (More time focused on making the skills.)

I figured I keep you guys up to date on it :P.

ductape

• Bay Watcher
  • MAD BOMBER
    • View Profile
    • Alchemy WebDev
« Reply #62 on: November 07, 2009, 10:36:10 am »

Give him a mohawk a'la Warhammer dorfiness! it would disappear under a helm anyway. And who wouldnt wear a helm?
I got nothing

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 07, 2009, 11:58:49 am »

Hehe, looks fine!

Also, what kind of a theater for 11$ per visit? 5D? xD

Here in Russia it costs 5-6$ to visit a 3D film and much less for a "flat" one :). I go to cinema twice a week just for fun and to kill time, because there's not a lot of good movies lately to watch.

And yes, I earn ~20$ per day so it's quite a lot. But I may end buying it.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 07, 2009, 12:08:23 pm »

$20 isn't that much because you are rich capitalist pigs. Many others arn't so fortunate. *raises USSR flag in backyard and flips the bird to anyone who says the USSR dosn't exist anymore*
Hello Hunam

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 07, 2009, 12:09:58 pm »

Lol, I know that it doesn't exist for good 15 years because I live here :D.

Also I've just sampled it and this game is quite nice. I'm currently playing Vanquisher.

I think I'll buy the MMO version.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 07, 2009, 02:12:43 pm »

Lol, I know that it doesn't exist for good 15 years because I live here :D.

Also I've just sampled it and this game is quite nice. I'm currently playing Vanquisher.

I think I'll buy the MMO version.
MMO version will be free. It's going to be free to play with a cash shop, therefor free to download. The cash shop is going to be situated for cosmetics and items that balance time vs convenience so that even if you don't spend money in it, you can still be just as l33t as the people who do.

0x517A5D

• Bay Watcher
  • Hex Editor‬‬
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: November 07, 2009, 06:22:25 pm »

MMO version will be free. It's going to be free to play with a cash shop, therefor free to download. The cash shop is going to be situated for cosmetics and items that balance time vs convenience so that even if you don't spend money in it, you can still be just as l33t as the people who do.
There's sure a lot of 'casual' MMOs taking the free-to-play, pay to customize route.  I'm not convinced that the market is big enough to sustain them.  Well, I wish them luck.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: November 07, 2009, 06:50:22 pm »

On the topic of Torchlight, I recently found a unique called the "Sword of a Perfect World"

I sold it, though, because I'm playing Vanquisher.
Also often called Boowells.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: November 07, 2009, 08:14:22 pm »

There's sure a lot of 'casual' MMOs taking the free-to-play, pay to customize route.  I'm not convinced that the market is big enough to sustain them.  Well, I wish them luck.

The market seems to sustatin them pretty well, for the most part. You rarely hear about a free to play MMO going out of business.

Thndr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: November 07, 2009, 09:02:08 pm »

On the topic of Torchlight, I recently found a unique called the "Sword of a Perfect World"

You know there is a shared stash you could've kept it in, if it was an actually useful sword. It's north of the center of town.

It's useful if you want to play other classes.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: November 07, 2009, 10:58:09 pm »

You know there is a shared stash you could've kept it in, if it was an actually useful sword. It's north of the center of town.

It's useful if you want to play other classes.

Gaaaah! I didn't know. :-\

Reasonableman

• Bay Watcher
  • ...Probably.
    • View Profile
    • Twitter is dead, long live Cohost
« Reply #72 on: November 08, 2009, 03:04:29 am »

I would buy this game at least twice over if there were cooperative multiplayer. It looks and plays like the perfect extension of the Diablo franchise. Heck, the music even sounds like the Tristram theme that I so adore. As it stands, though... I can't really get too much into one of these loot-based games without the opportunity to show all mah loot off. Especially now that I'm so spoiled by Borderlands and its three-dimensional take on the loot-grubbing genre.
A sane man must be reasonable, but a reasonable man need not be sane.

Knirisk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: November 08, 2009, 09:33:39 am »

It is pretty much an extension of the Diablo franchise. In fact, I believe I've played this more now than I have Diablo 2. Only problem I see is that the environment tends to get pretty boring really fast.

Farce

• Bay Watcher
  • muttermutterbabble
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: November 08, 2009, 08:32:49 pm »

The first I heard of this someone saying "I just taught my dog Summon Skeleton".  I was pretty much sold.

So now I'm around level 20, just got to the goblin place, and suddenly I am dying.  I have an alchemist, mostly leveled pet-master style - five imps and a golem nearly at the brink of v3 I think, plus two slots of zombie-summoning that calls 3 each - who also shoots stuff with Ember Lance.  I dual-wield wands - some unique fire one, and a slightly outdated lightning one that I don't want to upgrade from because it is lightning (I suspect it's the cause for why occasionally my spells explode into giant awesome clouds of lightning) and it has a slight critical hit boosting enchantment.  I never actually attack with them, though.  All beamspam, all the time.

I'm only on the first level, and I've died three times already.  :\  Most recently, I got swarmed by goblins, and my health sorta just vanished.  Another time some sort of fireball hit me, and my life depleted from 75% to dead.  The first time happened with my FIRST enemy encounter - I was trying my new teleport spell out on them, and then I died horribly.  Much like my third death, in retrospect.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12