Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11

Author Topic: Divine Text Adventure  (Read 15243 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Text Adventure
« Reply #120 on: October 28, 2009, 03:28:08 am »

Oh dear, i sense conflict brewing.

>Pat the Moon-Maw on the head, apologise to it about finding that, you didn't know. Tell it you'll understand if it wants to just hang out in orbit around your rocks for awhile and chat with it's bretheren.
>Check up on the Pillars, they must be enjoying the new space.

Hell, there were probably some on the Moon-Maw when it went off on it's adventure, bet they've got some interesting things to talk about to their friends.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 28, 2009, 09:00:50 am »

I'm not Mr."Mind Control My Pet Fanwank Races Into Doing My Bidding" Phantom remember, i leave choices up to the discretion of the creatures that can make them. Not much point making things sentient if they can't use that sentience. :P
+ the other things that he did to annoy me
I already said I DON'T want to mind control the creatures dammit.
Do you have to annoy me you insufferable *****!?
Oh you want to. Yes you do.

>Conjure up a computer for our self.
>Read Microsoft Paint Adventures
Old Testament Angels, Ordinary Angels, Archangels: Serve as the Gods (Us) messengers, Army, and any other service.
>Check on the best world in our area.
Remington: Create shotguns
Henry: Create some better rifles

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 28, 2009, 09:13:48 am »

> ask trees for advice on what shuld be done and created.

(also, the bronze sphere would probably fight BY reproducing, turning the oponent into spheres.)
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 28, 2009, 09:16:11 am »

(I gotta get something to stop that sphere if it goes awry)
>Make all angels immune to the spheres.
>Give angels enough power to defeat a sphere.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 28, 2009, 09:50:35 am »

Phantom, from now on, you're just talking to them, so success isn't always guaranteed.

Oh dear, i sense conflict brewing.

>Pat the Moon-Maw on the head, apologise to it about finding that, you didn't know. Tell it you'll understand if it wants to just hang out in orbit around your rocks for awhile and chat with it's bretheren.
>Check up on the Pillars, they must be enjoying the new space.

Hell, there were probably some on the Moon-Maw when it went off on it's adventure, bet they've got some interesting things to talk about to their friends.

You ask the Moon-Maw if it's okay and does it want to get the memories out of it's head, but it says it can handle it.
The pillars have reproduced and moved to Moon-B (name these, please). None were with the Moon-Maw when it went on it's little adventure, but they are moving there now. 

I already said I DON'T want to mind control the creatures dammit.
>Conjure up a computer for our self.
>Read Microsoft Paint Adventures
Old Testament Angels, Ordinary Angels, Archangels: Serve as the Gods (Us) messengers, Army, and any other service.
>Check on the best world in our area.
Remington: Create shotguns
Henry: Create some better rifles

You summon a computer that requires no power from another world. Unfortunately, you can’t
check the latest MSPA update, because there’s no internet here. Useless machine.
You erase it from existance.
You make the angels your messengers and army, even though there’s probably no point. You could do all that yourself.
You’re not sure what qualifies as ‘best’. The most pleasant one? The most terrifying one? The biggest one?
You tell the lycan brothers to improve their weapons.

> ask trees for advice on what shuld be done and created.

(also, the bronze sphere would probably fight BY reproducing, turning the oponent into spheres.)

(Oh right. Maybe all it’s energy is taken up by defending from the others’ attacks. And it might not be able to turn these into more spheres. They are the most dangerous creations of all the brothers and sisters (except that one. Or well, we don’t know if he’s the only one…)

You ask the trees for advice. They tell you you should protect the orcs for awhile, because they’re in danger of dying off. For the kobolds, it’s too late. The last one was eaten by a tiger not long ago.

(I gotta get something to stop that sphere if it goes awry)
>Make all angels immune to the spheres.
>Give angels enough power to defeat a sphere.

You make the angels immune to the sphere’s copying power, but still leave some weaknesses. After all, making them competitely immune wouldn’t be fun.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 09:53:22 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2009, 12:54:05 pm »

Choose four heros, tasked with the destruction of chaos. They shall be called the light warriors(not from 8-bit theater, real heros).

propose that the top of the bowl be used as an afterlife, filled with the more peaceful creations of all the gods.

propose that the council create a number of scouts, used to check for dangerous creations in the worlds.(keep note of any who oppose the proposition, they are most likely those harboring monstrosities)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2009, 01:13:53 pm »

Choose four heros, tasked with the destruction of chaos. They shall be called the light warriors(not from 8-bit theater, real heros).

propose that the top of the bowl be used as an afterlife, filled with the more peaceful creations of all the gods.

propose that the council create a number of scouts, used to check for dangerous creations in the worlds.(keep note of any who oppose the proposition, they are most likely those harboring monstrosities)

You think about choosing four heroes to destroy the chaos, but you already got the 'wise humans/elves' doing that.
You can't propose anything until the next meeting. (I'll get these in when there's another one)

Also, it's a bowl. The 'top' is where the rocks are, hovering above it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2009, 01:24:18 pm »

> Check on two heroes aiming for the destruction of the bronze sphere gate. See if they will manage to get the container of chaos they need before light warriors destroy it.

Wait...how could warriors possibly destroy chaos? Simply by fighting it you're creating more chaos (although in a different sense).

The chaos has spread to the surrounding areas, but not much. It’s causing infighting, outbursts of wild magic, insanity and mutations in the local animal-men kingdoms, and has twisted two ground elementals into it’s servants. The earth outside the mountains is dead, and no normal crop or plant will live in it. Massive, bloated black trees have arisen, with branches like knives, and monstrous little insects make their nests in them.

You make it sound sentient, even though it can't be. Also, why is the earth dead? Chaos != evil. Chaos ≈ evil. Chaos ≈ anything. Life is fairly durable, what is near the pool should be freaky and generally destructive, but you wont get an area that barren.

> Create a time disjunction to save about 14 kobalds right before their deaths; pick ones from the near past that won't create much of a time disruption. Place them in a fairly uninhabited bit of forest, with a cave, and increase their wit (not necessarily wisdom or intellect), agility, and speed by just enough to insure that races survival.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 28, 2009, 01:33:17 pm »

> Check on two heroes aiming for the destruction of the bronze sphere gate. See if they will manage to get the container of chaos they need before light warriors destroy it.

Wait...how could warriors possibly destroy chaos? Simply by fighting it you're creating more chaos (although in a different sense).

The chaos has spread to the surrounding areas, but not much. It’s causing infighting, outbursts of wild magic, insanity and mutations in the local animal-men kingdoms, and has twisted two ground elementals into it’s servants. The earth outside the mountains is dead, and no normal crop or plant will live in it. Massive, bloated black trees have arisen, with branches like knives, and monstrous little insects make their nests in them.

You make it sound sentient, even though it can't be. Also, why is the earth dead? Chaos != evil. Chaos ≈ evil. Chaos ≈ anything. Life is fairly durable, what is near the pool should be freaky and generally destructive, but you wont get an area that barren.

> Create a time disjunction to save about 14 kobalds right before their deaths; pick ones from the near past that won't create much of a time disruption. Place them in a fairly uninhabited bit of forest, with a cave, and increase their wit (not necessarily wisdom or intellect), agility, and speed by just enough to insure that races survival.

Blame Warhammer 40k for the 'chaos being evil thing'. Also, infighting and mutations ARE chaotic events.
Eh, the area round the mountains isn't dead, just ignore that part. No 'normal' plant can live there, but otherwise... and ignore the elementals into servants-thing, it still twisted those two, but not into it's servants. Or well, they are servants in a sense; they spread the chaos.

I'll update later.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:38:27 pm by Digital Hellhound »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 28, 2009, 01:35:52 pm »

> create some billion tons of sand that you let fall into the bottomm of the bowl, burying all the stuff there and making it incapable of fighting.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 28, 2009, 02:24:05 pm »

With swords of course! Any evil/corrupt power, no matter how incorporeal, can be killed through sufficient application of force(heck, in one of the final fantasy games you kill evil).

send out small scouts to see if other gods have been hiding monsters in their worlds.

create a rock we cannot move.
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: October 28, 2009, 03:08:50 pm »

>Check status on the 3 giant races.

>Check status on the valley with the gate.

>Check status on its key.

>Carefully check how many wars/conflicts are currently going on.

Also, why not allow the stuff at the bottom of the bowl keep fighting?
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: October 28, 2009, 03:34:27 pm »

I think the sand is something there will need to be a vote on. Also, considering the power of those creatures, they will be fine in the sand, although the bronze sphere might get a moment to replicate.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 28, 2009, 03:40:44 pm »

although the bronze sphere might get a moment to replicate.
This is the point, it will get enough time to replicate once or twice, then one can hold the enemies of while the other replicates, and then it all organizes and grows exponentially, and glass is among the materials they could convert...
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 28, 2009, 09:08:51 pm »

You're assuming our brothers and sisters don't have similar creatures down there.

>Name Moon-B (The Moon without a Maw that is orbiting the Moon) Iliad, to avoid further confusion.

(So we now have The Big Rock, which is orbited by The Moon, which is orbited by Iliad, and is also occasionally orbited by the Moon-Maw, although only when it feels like it.)

>Try and remember if you gave the Pillars the ability to manipulate objects so they can actually build stuff, as opposed to just floating around being happy and the dwarves and decapitating all the humans out of jealousy. If not, do so.
>Give the World Tree the ability to 'grow' semi-sentient 'Treant' creatures to serve as tenders to the forest that should hopefully grow up around it. Considering all the shit going down on our Big Rock, that forest is probably going to need some looking after, and as awesome as the Maws are they're a bit lacking when it comes to mobility.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11