Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Divine Text Adventure  (Read 15273 times)

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Text Adventure
« Reply #105 on: October 27, 2009, 09:44:46 am »

>Stick the two small rocks in orbit around the moon, lets get some seriously wierd orbital patterns going on here.
>Make a teleportation bridge from the moon to the two new moons of the moon, plonk the bridge near the Maw on the moon, while the two hubs on the new moons (oh god this is going to get confusing, we should name these) can just go anywhere, since there isn't anything interesting on them yet.
>Inform the Pillars of the bridge and the means to use it to teleport to the two hubs and back to the bridge from the hubs, that should give them some more room to roam around.
>Start an Experiment by creating a Maw on one of the new small moons of the moon, try and give it a means to move the rock it is on around the bowl at will, see if you can get a little sentient planetoid-type Maw going, you might be able to use it as a messenger, if all else fails a mobile talking moon should make any astronomers down on the big rock really confused.

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 27, 2009, 11:49:27 am »

Using trees as a starting point, create a few individuals as wise and intelligent as you possibly can, and give them the ability to improve their own intelligence indefinitely, a mastery over the flow of time, the ability to see and hear anything they want in the bowl and even outside if something would end up there, and a bunch varius powerful magic. Place these trees somewhere they will never be disturbed, and tell them to learn all they can, and to give you advice whenever they find something advisable.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 27, 2009, 12:09:37 pm »

>Stick the two small rocks in orbit around the moon, lets get some seriously weird orbital patterns going on here.
>Make a teleportation bridge from the moon to the two new moons of the moon, plonk the bridge near the Maw on the moon, while the two hubs on the new moons (oh god this is going to get confusing, we should name these) can just go anywhere, since there isn't anything interesting on them yet.
>Inform the Pillars of the bridge and the means to use it to teleport to the two hubs and back to the bridge from the hubs, that should give them some more room to roam around.
>Start an Experiment by creating a Maw on one of the new small moons of the moon, try and give it a means to move the rock it is on around the bowl at will, see if you can get a little sentient planetoid-type Maw going, you might be able to use it as a messenger, if all else fails a mobile talking moon should make any astronomers down on the big rock really confused.

You make the two new rocks orbit the moon, and connect them with a teleport-bridge. The pillars get more living space.
You create a new Maw on the other moon and give it the ability to move the rock around at will. You tell it not to go to your brothers and sisters worlds.

Using trees as a starting point, create a few individuals as wise and intelligent as you possibly can, and give them the ability to improve their own intelligence indefinitely, a mastery over the flow of time, the ability to see and hear anything they want in the bowl and even outside if something would end up there, and a bunch varius powerful magic. Place these trees somewhere they will never be disturbed, and tell them to learn all they can, and to give you advice whenever they find something advisable.

You give some trees sentience and make them as wise as you can, and make their magic as powerful as you can. They can even faintly sense what's going on outside your rock. You put the tree just outside your clone's area and tell him not to allow anyone who they don't want to come near approach them.
« Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 12:11:50 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

dragnar

• Bay Watcher
  • [Glub]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 27, 2009, 12:35:37 pm »

A creature from black and white is a giant animal that stands on two legs, can use magic, and basically acts as a god's pet.

teach each race their own type of magic(dwarves craft magic items, elves become druids, humans throw fireballs just because they can, etc.)
From this thread, I learned that video cameras have a dangerosity of 60 kiloswords per second.  Thanks again, Mad Max.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 27, 2009, 06:11:49 pm »

>Check status on Earth Entity GDI
>Make a basic season cycle
>GIve Humans and Lycans different kinds of ways to have entertainment, including riding bulls.
George, Clyde and Jeremy: Ride off towards the orc base on horses with a few other soldiers.
Every God: Pose as a team cause shit just got real
>Check status on the human named the God Emperor of Mankind

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 27, 2009, 07:30:01 pm »

Hmm. Would it be possible to give the new mobile mini-maw the ability to talk to our brothers and sisters and send it off with a reasonable expectation of it just looking at things and not getting erased from existance?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 27, 2009, 11:57:36 pm »

teach each race their own type of magic(dwarves craft magic items, elves become druids, humans throw fireballs just because they can, etc.)

Actually, I have a feeling the lycans and humans will start making mini-gods with their magic. You don't really need to teach them about magic, they can figure it out, and we can watch their failures.

> Check status of pie. How many people have eaten it? Where is it now?
> As opposed to just checking what the chaos is doing, check to see how far it has spread. Just miscreants in the mountains? Or are they leaving the mountains too? Is the pool's mental manifestation seeping out past its physical manifestation?
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 28, 2009, 01:37:07 am »

A creature from black and white is a giant animal that stands on two legs, can use magic, and basically acts as a god's pet.

You don't really see what you need a pet for, but you create one anyways. Aww, isn't it cute?

>Check status on Earth Entity GDI
>Make a basic season cycle
>GIve Humans and Lycans different kinds of ways to have entertainment, including riding bulls.
George, Clyde and Jeremy: Ride off towards the orc base on horses with a few other soldiers.
Every God: Pose as a team cause shit just got real
>Check status on the human named the God Emperor of Mankind

Check status of what now?
You realize eternal winter would just kill off all life, and make it so it's warm and wet in the first part of the year and then cold and icy in the next one. 
You give the humans/lycans 'riding bulls' (seriously Phantom? You think they haven't figured out entertainment yet?)
George, Clyde and Jeremy ride towards the forests, but the orcs flee when they're spotted.
There's a powerful magic user who calls himself the Emperor, living in his tower near the chaos vortex.

Hmm. Would it be possible to give the new mobile mini-maw the ability to talk to our brothers and sisters and send it off with a reasonable expectation of it just looking at things and not getting erased from existance?

You’ll have to tell the brother/sister who’s world you’re penetrating about it first, but sure.

Actually, I have a feeling the lycans and humans will start making mini-gods with their magic. You don't really need to teach them about magic, they can figure it out, and we can watch their failures.

> Check status of pie. How many people have eaten it? Where is it now?
> As opposed to just checking what the chaos is doing, check to see how far it has spread. Just miscreants in the mountains? Or are they leaving the mountains too? Is the pool's mental manifestation seeping out past its physical manifestation?

You hope they won’t ‘make mini-gods with their magic’. Faith is a powerful force in this universe.
The pie has been eaten twice, once by a goblin and once by a raven-man. It’s now in an underground cave near a dwarven mine.
The chaos has spread to the surrounding areas, but not much. It’s causing infighting, outbursts of wild magic, insanity and mutations in the local animal-men kingdoms, and has twisted two ground elementals into it’s servants. The earth outside the mountains is dead, and no normal crop or plant will live in it. Massive, bloated black trees have arisen, with branches like knives, and monstrous little insects make their nests in them.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 01:39:55 am by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 28, 2009, 01:41:41 am »

Take wisest and smartest of humans and elves, tell them about chaos, give them an ability to slow down chaos spread, and restore corrupted areas to normal. Give them valuable knowledge and itms so they become a target for evil beings.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 28, 2009, 02:14:07 am »

>Tell mobile Moon-Maw that if it wants to float off and check out the other worlds in the bowl it's welcome to, but to tell you where it's intending to go so you can inform the related brother or sister not to erase it for trespassing and to be sure to not mess with anything.
>Warn original Earth-Maw about the Chaos thing going down in the mountains, it might want to punt a baby Maw over there to keep a metaphorical eye (since they don't have eyes) on the Chaos.
>Check population of Bronze Spheres in the bottom of the bowl. They may actually turn out to be a useful device against the Chaos should it be neccessary.
>Stop messing with the goddamn Humans and Lycans, if you keep this up they're going to end up mindless slaves to your will.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 28, 2009, 02:35:30 am »

Take wisest and smartest of humans and elves, tell them about chaos, give them an ability to slow down chaos spread, and restore corrupted areas to normal. Give them valuable knowledge and itms so they become a target for evil beings.

You take the wisest humans and elves and give them the ability to slow down the spread of chaos.

>Tell mobile Moon-Maw that if it wants to float off and check out the other worlds in the bowl it's welcome to, but to tell you where it's intending to go so you can inform the related brother or sister not to erase it for trespassing and to be sure to not mess with anything.
>Warn original Earth-Maw about the Chaos thing going down in the mountains, it might want to punt a baby Maw over there to keep a metaphorical eye (since they don't have eyes) on the Chaos.
>Check population of Bronze Spheres in the bottom of the bowl. They may actually turn out to be a useful device against the Chaos should it be neccessary.
>Stop messing with the goddamn Humans and Lycans, if you keep this up they're going to end up mindless slaves to your will.

You tell the Moon-Maw  it can go check other worlds out if it tells you where it's going. It heads for the nearest rock. The owner of that allows it come, but still keeps an eye on it throughout it's journey.
You tell the biggest Earth-Maw about the chaos and suggest to it to send a baby up there. It can see it'd be useful, but still is reluctant and doesn't throw one it's way.
The Bronze Sphere is locked in eternal battle against the other beasts, so it doesn't have time to reproduce.
You'd be more than happy to let the humans/lycans grow on their own for a while. They're trying to recover from the orc attacks, so they need every man/lycan they can get to help. Sending them away is not helping,
« Last Edit: October 28, 2009, 02:42:37 am by Digital Hellhound »

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 28, 2009, 02:37:20 am »

Hey, i didn't mean tell it to send a baby up there, i meant to suggest it, leaving the choice at it's descretion.

Jeez, we're a heavy-handed God aren't we?

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 28, 2009, 02:40:54 am »

Hey, i didn't mean tell it to send a baby up there, i meant to suggest it, leaving the choice at it's descretion.

Jeez, we're a heavy-handed God aren't we?

Oh right, I can edit.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 28, 2009, 02:51:32 am »

I'm not Mr."Mind Control My Pet Fanwank Races Into Doing My Bidding" Phantom remember, i leave choices up to the discretion of the creatures that can make them. Not much point making things sentient if they can't use that sentience. :P

>Make a World Tree Sapling, every good magical world needs a World Tree! Ensure that it draws it's nourishment from the overall health and magical stability of the rocks in your domain and has the potential to grow to near-infinite size so long as those rocks remain healthy.
>Give the Maws a sort of empathic link to the World Tree Sapling so they can tell how it's doing and how healthy it is if they want to, seeing as they're canyons they should probably be in on the whole thing, plus they'd make excellent guardians.
>Check on cloned self's domain.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 28, 2009, 03:22:28 am »

I'm not Mr."Mind Control My Pet Fanwank Races Into Doing My Bidding" Phantom remember, i leave choices up to the discretion of the creatures that can make them. Not much point making things sentient if they can't use that sentience. :P

>Make a World Tree Sapling, every good magical world needs a World Tree! Ensure that it draws it's nourishment from the overall health and magical stability of the rocks in your domain and has the potential to grow to near-infinite size so long as those rocks remain healthy.
>Give the Maws a sort of empathic link to the World Tree Sapling so they can tell how it's doing and how healthy it is if they want to, seeing as they're canyons they should probably be in on the whole thing, plus they'd make excellent guardians.
>Check on cloned self's domain.

You create sapling for a great tree. It will grow depending on the stability of your realm.
You give the Maws a psychic link to the Tree and ask them to help it. They promise to watch over it.
There is a pack of small herbivores in the clone’s domain, but otherwise it’s empty. It claims it had more earlier, but let them leave when they wanted to.
The Moon-Maw returns from the brother’s realm. It does not resemble yours, not even in basic shape. It’s apparently a rock only on the outside, while a massive ring on the inside, which is inhabited by a strange insectoid civilization. The insects build massive hover-ships, which they guide across the gap in the middle of the ring and trade with others on the opposite side.
They are a hive-mind, but some are born without ‘the connection.’ These ones usually die in the first four weeks of their life, or even earlier, killed by the Hive Queen’s guards.
The ring has two sides, the ‘warm side’, where the insectoids live, and the ‘cold side’, which is shrouded in eternal darkness. When you asked if anything lived there, the Moon-Maw went silent and didn’t want to talk about it anymore. However, the memories were pushed into the outermost layers of his mind, and you picked them from there without him even noticing.
While all of you are allowed to create whatever you want, abominations like these should’ve been dumped into the bottom when the proposal had gone through in the meeting.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11