Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11

Author Topic: Divine Text Adventure  (Read 15298 times)

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
Re: Divine Text Adventure
« Reply #45 on: October 25, 2009, 02:14:18 pm »

I already put plants and water in though.
Create some more wildlife too, deer, gazelles, zebras, whatever.
Humans And Lycans: Tame horses so we can ride them.
(I'm naming them after firearms companies) The 2 Lycans brothers, Remington and Henry: Create metal swords, iron tipped arrows, shields.
Male Human, Hartson: Create Hartson Milatary Academy.
Humans and Lycans: Build library so we can archive the events of the world.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 25, 2009, 02:18:26 pm »

((Phantom, I'll do that in the next update. Again.))

My, you guys are going at this so...directly.

- Big wall of text-

You drag a vortex of raw chaos from the plane of chaos and place it in the center of your world
and form a mountain range around it.
The humans now prefer crafting and ‘homely’ tasks, while the Lycans become warriors and hunters.
The sentient animals spread out from the chasms and meet up with the humans/lycans.
You create chasms, hills, springs, forests and jungles, cliffs, underground caves and everything you can think of, making the world much more varied.
You make a tasty teleporting pie, hidden deep in the forest, and subtly thicken the woods in the direction of the humans/lycans so the orcs can’t find them.

Hey, the humans and Lycans are my project, not yours.
Human, Named Clyde, scout out the forests.
Orcs: Wage war on humans and lycans.
Us: Guide Clyde away from danger.
Male Lycan, Jeremy: Look for clyde.
Humans and Lycans: Figure out basic chemistry
Humans and Lycans: Figure out basic Pyrotechnics
Create race of Evil Humans, just like the normal ones, except these ones fight everything.
Give humans and lycans the ability to create Harbor towns, boats, fishing, etc...

A young human named Clyde begins to scout out the deep woods of the human/lycan nation.
You fill the Orcs with mindless hate towards the Humans/Lycans. Fortunately,
they can’t get to them yet, but they begin chopping down the woods to clear a path.
In the process, they create furnaces. A small industrial complex begins to form.
You keep Clyde away from hungry animal-men and other dangers of the forests.
You tell a male lycan to go looking for Clyde.
The humans make several scientific breakthroughs.
A clan of humans leaves the nation and disappears into the tundra. They form their own little
settlement.
The normal of humans improve their boats and fishing techniques.

Fill the domain with lush forests, lakes, rivers. Fill it all with various animals, fishies, birds and plants.

We forgot fauna, and more plants too.

> Scatter some elementals throughout the land; forms of water, cyclones of air, beings of fire (near the volcanic areas), and collections of rock. Give them sentience, and a some magic of their elements they can use as they will. Make them generally benevolent and good in nature, but may get really riled up when people start messing with their area. They will usually try to influence peace so there are less people milling about. Chaos of course can corrupt them, just like everyone else.

You fill the world with different kinds of simple-minded animals and create more plants.
You create protectors of the nature of your world.
Some get caught in your clones area and became his servants, as well as any wild life wandering in.
Maybe you should talk to him about this.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 25, 2009, 02:20:53 pm »

Make humans and Lycans more equal, they can do any job, I mean ANY job.
Clyde: Meet up with Jeremy
Jeremy: Give Clyde a metal sword he found at the forges

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 25, 2009, 02:22:54 pm »

Teach dwarves to craft rocks.
Teach dwarves to smelt ore to produce metals.
Tell pillars to teach dwarves about humans.
Tell pillars to tell dwarves to establish contact with humans.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 25, 2009, 02:25:56 pm »

Why do we need to teach them things? They're sentient, why aren't they figuring it out on their own?

Hey, the humans and Lycans are my project, not yours.
Was that directed at me? This is a forum game, everyone participates.

> Go talk to clone, find out how he is doing.

Edit:
I agree! However,
> Both races may do any job, and there will always be a mix, but their body structures are inherently suited to different tasks. They should be content with their society.
> Make it so kobalds were always a conglomerate of everyone's conception (on the DF forums) of a kobald. Having both rat-like, and lizard-like features.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 25, 2009, 02:29:15 pm »

Create  another races, make them similar to the great nation of Humans and Lycans.
Create Creatures: Elves

Create Creatures: Goblins, align them with orcs, make them hate Dwarves and Humans, make Orcs also hate dwarves.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 25, 2009, 02:33:54 pm »

Nivm, they are figuring things out on their own, but you're giving some skills to them instantly. What would take years takes a couple of minutes. So, you can concentrate on something else than giving them new tech from now on.
Phantom, do you absolutely have to make this a generic fantasy world/DF world? I'll do that in the next one if I must.

I already put plants and water in though.
Create some more wildlife too, deer, gazelles, zebras, whatever.
Humans And Lycans: Tame horses so we can ride them.
(I'm naming them after firearms companies) The 2 Lycans brothers, Remington and Henry: Create metal swords, iron tipped arrows, shields.
Male Human, Hartson: Create Hartson Milatary Academy.
Humans and Lycans: Build library so we can archive the events of the world.
Make humans and Lycans more equal, they can do any job, I mean ANY job.
Clyde: Meet up with Jeremy
Jeremy: Give Clyde a metal sword he found at the forges

The humans/lycans tame some wild animals and begin riding them.
Remington and Henry are the best weaponsmiths in the land. They hire
more smiths to help them.
You tell a man named Hartson to create a school for warriors.
The humans/lycans also build a library, which they fill with papyrus.
Clyde continues scouting the woods with the sword.

Teach dwarves to craft rocks.
Teach dwarves to smelt ore to produce metals.
Tell pillars to teach dwarves about humans.
Tell pillars to tell dwarves to establish contact with humans.

The dwarves, having lived most of their lifes underground, already know how to craft rocks.
You tell them how to smelt different kinds of ore.
The pillars seem reluctant at first, but they do it anyways. Unfortunately, they don’t really like
the humans, and because of  their speeches, the dwarves won’t exactly be best friends with them either.

Why do we need to teach them things? They're sentient, why aren't they figuring it out on their own?
> Go talk to clone, find out how he is doing.
> Both races may do any job, and there will always be a mix, but their body structures are inherently suited to different tasks. They should be content with their society.
> Make it so kobalds were always a conglomerate of everyone's conception (on the DF forums) of a kobald. Having both rat-like, and lizard-like features.

You visit the clone and tell him to release the elementals. He does so, though you can tell he wanted to keep his 'toys'.
You change the kobolds and the humans/lycans a bit.

There's going to be another meeting soon.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 02:36:06 pm by Digital Hellhound »
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 25, 2009, 02:35:43 pm »

Clyde And Jeremy: Warn others about the coming Orc and Goblin Invasion force
« Last Edit: October 25, 2009, 02:50:07 pm by Phantom »

Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 25, 2009, 02:39:19 pm »

Create a small solid bronze sphere, about 1 kilogram in weight.
Make the sphere VERY hard to destroy, so that it would be an effort even for you to do so.
Give the sphere a sentinence made out of single-minded compulsion to create as many spheres as identical to it as posible as fast as possible, at any cost, this include creating them indirectly by having the already created ones create more.
Make the sphere EXTREMELY highly intelligent, but up until no it has still no ability to do anything or communicate.
Give the sphere the ability to move itself rapidly, and telekinesis, telepathy but only with similar spheres, also give it the ability to turn any matter (including living tissue) into bronze, and to shape bronze however it wants. Give it the ability to make any bronze sphere have the same abilities and invounrability that itself currently has. It shuld be posible for it to, given 1 kg of any kind of matter, duplicate itself in just a few seconds.
So says Armok, God of blood.
Sszsszssoo...
Sszsszssaaayysss...
III...

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 25, 2009, 02:40:40 pm »

I have a feeling Armok is trying to wipe out the other races, cause that seems TO much overpowered.

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 25, 2009, 02:41:44 pm »

Phantom, that is going to be overkill.
 Armok, that is going to be superkill.

> Place elves and elementals on good terms with each other.
> Set elves to be low reproduction rate, but long life. Make them fairly introverted; not interacting with other civilizations very much, and if they work war, to do it in an indirect yet highly effective way.
> Give elves wood and crystal shaping abilities using their voices. Insure there is ebony in the forests the elves may use, and accelerate the growth of.

Edit: He is trying to make something that will wipe out everything everywhere.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Dakk

• Bay Watcher
  • BLARAGLGLGL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 25, 2009, 02:43:49 pm »

Trap armok's sphere in another dimension.
Create a locked gate to this dimension somewhere in the world.
Raise a mountain range to completely surround that area.
Fill the place with natural riches and veins of the best ores.
Put the key to this gate in a random place in the world.

Fix'd, now we have a possible doomsday scenario.
Code: [Select]
    ︠     ︡
 ノ          ﺍ
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)  ┻━┻

Table flipping, singed style.

Phantom

• Bay Watcher
  • Asiatic Asian
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2009, 02:44:50 pm »

Orks and Goblins: Develop scattered formation and metal armor
Evil Humans: Attack the original humans and lycans
Us: Fondly regard creation

Pillow_Killer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2009, 02:45:29 pm »

Give a basic idea of trading and exchanging items to dwarves, humans and lycans.
Quote from: x2yzh9
every man faps to every person he knows/likes. I've done that for about 2 girls that I've liked really, and it's because they have big boobs. 'Nuff said amirite?

SHAD0Wdump

• Bay Watcher
  • Hiding in SPAAACE!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2009, 02:46:22 pm »

Armok is trying to make the game Fun.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 11