Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Dragon Age Flash Game  (Read 3208 times)

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Dragon Age Flash Game
« on: October 24, 2009, 10:27:09 pm »

It seems EA has bought The Escapist. The gimmick is that you can unlock three cool items for Dragon Age: Origins by playing this game.

But anyway, this flash game is said to be a tactical RPG and a cross between M&M and Diablo. I'm going to be playing it, and who knows? It might actually be good.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: Dragon Age Flash Game
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2009, 10:30:43 pm »

..how is it you get 'EA bought the Escapist' just because they're reporting news related to a highly anticipated video game exactly?

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2009, 10:37:59 pm »

An overwhelmingly positive response to a flash game. 'The Dragon Age franchise keeps getting better and better'.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2009, 11:32:40 am »

The comments are really positive too.  Have you guys considered maybe it's just a good game?
Shoes...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2009, 05:51:33 pm »

The comments are really positive too.
Then they must be fake comments made by fake users. from Fakeland!  ;)
(that's still more likely than EA releasing a good game, you know...)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Xotes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2009, 08:35:40 pm »

Oh, for the love of-

Just because EA is publishing it does not mean all connected to it is automatically shit. Yes, they do have a tendency to MAKE shit, but doing it too often gets them killed financially, so they pump out a good game every once in a while.

I'm just sick of seeing all the OH IT'S EA IT SUCKS shit around here.

And, yes, I did try it. It's actually surprisingly good.
Quote from: Josephus
"Compatibility mode", dude. If he tries running it under "capatability mode" some terrible thing involving elder gods will probably happen.
Quote from: Aqizzar
You say that like it's not a good time to discuss weird people. It's always a good time to discuss weird people.
Quote from: freeformschooler
I was like, ha, this looks like a pretty dumb and boring game. I was so wrong. Gentlemen, I have discovered true fun.

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2009, 09:17:12 pm »

Ugh, me too. Its like fanboys, only in reverse. EA makes quite a few good games, but they just over hype everything which makes most of everything a let down. And like Xotes said, if they make nothing BUT shit games, they would go bankrupt so they are obviously doing something right.
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2009, 09:52:55 pm »

Ugh, me too. Its like fanboys, only in reverse. EA makes quite a few good games, but they just over hype everything which makes most of everything a let down. And like Xotes said, if they make nothing BUT shit games, they would go bankrupt so they are obviously doing something right.

BUT TE PAYLER ARE STUPD SO DEY BUY GAEMS ENYWAY EA IS MONEY GRUBER
Shoes...

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2009, 10:05:46 pm »

I was making a joke. Usually, rumors go around that the only reason reviewers give good reviews is that they have been bribed beforehand by the game company. EA made that game, Escapist gave a good review, hence I concluded EA bribed The Escapist.

I have many games made by EA, and I actually like them. I just saw The Escapist's review as a little...too...uncritical.
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Sir Pseudonymous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2009, 11:56:15 pm »

...EA made that game...
"EA" didn't make the game, "bioware" did. Bioware was bought by EA, whose only role in the matter is overhyping and generally degrading the value. If the game is good, it is in spite of EA's meddling.
I'm all for eating the heart of your enemies to gain their courage though.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2009, 08:59:35 am »

I get it now.  I see what's going on.  The Soviets used some kind of psychic bomb to destroy capitalism by making us imagine the CEOs of all major corporations as Snidely Whiplash.  It's the only explanation for this.
Shoes...

Croquantes

• Bay Watcher
  • Essence of Chicken
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2009, 09:56:47 am »

Ugh, me too. Its like fanboys, only in reverse. EA makes quite a few good games, but they just over hype everything which makes most of everything a let down.

Wait, what? There's a reason why marketing exists (to create a market for shitty games?). :P People spend their whole careers, getting paid to generate hype. If one has an issue with EA Marketing, you can forward your grievances to the EA Marketing Department.

They might not hear your mail arrive as they'll be too busy rubbing themselves with wads of cash.

Grishnak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2009, 11:47:10 am »

Ugh, me too. Its like fanboys, only in reverse. EA makes quite a few good games, but they just over hype everything which makes most of everything a let down.

Wait, what? There's a reason why marketing exists (to create a market for shitty games?). :P People spend their whole careers, getting paid to generate hype. If one has an issue with EA Marketing, you can forward your grievances to the EA Marketing Department.

They might not hear your mail arrive as they'll be too busy rubbing themselves with wads of cash.

Which is why I torrent EVERYTHING before I buy it. If its good, I pay for it, if its not, I move on.  So they only get my loot if they make a good game. And there are plenty of "pirates" that do this. Hell, I pirated Half-Life 2  three days before release, and beat it on release day. A week later I went out and bought it, even after I downloaded it and beat it for free. Then when the Orange Box came out, I bought that too. Same for L4D.

Halo 3? Tried it, thought it was horrible, didnt buy it. Even after it was proclaimed the "greatest game in the universe for ever and always" by every reviewer that touched it, and every fanboy on the planet. Sorry folks, game sucks. And, as a result I wont even attempt ODST, which is a cheap ass way to continue cashing in on Halo 3. Its the same game ffs. Guess what? Big huge money grubbing conglomerate of evil/doom/diapers/whatever wont get my money.

But seriously, all you see around here is all that "OMG BIG CORPORATION GONNA GAT MAH MONIEZ! NOES I CANT HAS THAT EVEN IF IT MITE BE A GUD GAME. EA BLAH BLAH BLAH".

Id love to say I dont condole piracy, but the simple fact that EVERY game company, large or small, will put out junk, not release a demo and charge 50/60 bucks for a game that I dont even know if I will like/can run drives me to it anyways. And, when it proves to be junk, Im glad I didnt waste my money on a game that you cannot return for a refund. But if said game is good it gets my money, EA/2k/whoever.  This way I dont miss out on good games just because they made it, and dont waste my money if it sucks. Good day.

Ps. I SAID GOOD DAY!
I'm a saint when it comes to pirating.  I've ripped and burned many a .iso, went .rar at my maties and sailed the .7z's.
Blog for my new roguelike Lost Horizon. <- kind of on hold
My SoundCloud
My Youtube Channel

yamo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2009, 11:55:22 am »

EA=Sex-love
Then again, I consider Infinity to be overly ambitious, something that might easily spell it's downfall.

-Blackthorne

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2009, 02:07:00 pm »

You know, I'd really like it if anybody actually played this game, and that this thread discusses the game itself, rather than some joke that I didn't think people would take seriously.

"EA" didn't make the game, "bioware" did. Bioware was bought by EA,

Which means that EA is the developer of this game, and Bioware is just a studio within EA. Therefore, I stick with my contention.

People spend their whole careers, getting paid to generate hype.

Hm, I'm thinking of creating a thread about how to generate hype for Pong...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 02:09:05 pm by Servant Corps »
Pages: [1] 2